• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA WARNING: Commuters must be in Uniform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Life is SO GOOD living in base!!!!! Glad I don't have to commute...for now.

:beer:

Yeah, make sure you enjoy it, you never know when it will go away, I wish I was there.

The TSA is officially the dumbest governmental institution I have ever seen, and that is saying something, because lets be honest... there are some SERIOUSLY DUMB governmental institutions. TSA... the very worst one of all.

Forwarded from our own forum... please write your elected officials!!!

The warning is:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE CLOTHES inside the secure area, a restroom, or airplane. Doing so after clearing security (with liquids over 3oz) will result in something like a $250K fine and a mandatory appearance in the local court - even for a tube of toothpaste, apparently. The details I will not write down in any form, but I was nearly instantly arrested for "interfering with a TSA investigation."

I did something along those lines today and was followed to the restroom by a TSA supervisor and two Police Officers who were NOT kidding.

Until the Pilots or our Union does something there is no uncertainty, commuters MUST BE IN UNIFORM no matter what the company manual says about dress code.

I hope ALPA is doing something for us on this. Today's situation was solved with a very wrinkled uniform shirt and no wings. Proof that the badge and license are nothing, the $12 dirty is what makes you a good guy.

Airport: VPS

Jesus Christmas

Until I see an actual directive from the TSA, they can pack sand.

They can have my liquids and gels when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

TSA was waiting outside XJ ops, in DTW, on Friday with their little cart waiting to do searches.

I think we need to challenge them with their little cardboard boxes for shampoo and b.s. knee jerk worthless rules.

If these items are soooo potentially dangerous, why are they all piled up right next to a big crowd of people with not so much as a HAZMAT sticker on the box?

If Liquids are so inherently scary, why can they even serve them on the plane? GINGER ALE!!! GOOD GOD!!! TAKE COVER!!!!

The problem is that they have clouded their judgement with their unabiding love of authority.

How do they know you didn't obtain these liquids on the sterile side of security just like all the other pax do? You know, you can buy water bottles and stuff

How do they know you didn't obtain these liquids on the sterile side of security just like all the other pax do? You know, you can buy water bottles and stuff

Eee Gads you're right. Let's just shut this whole aviation thing down all together.. too risky.

better idea: let's not allow terrorists to win by being terrorfied all the time.

TSA was waiting outside XJ ops, in DTW, on Friday with their little cart waiting to do searches.

Not to mention checking everyone's DTW airport ID's in case some how the rent a cops that sit outside the door miss something that the card reader/punch code miss.... If only I knew that I could have such a rewarding/better paying job by NOT going to college.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back