• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA WARNING: Commuters must be in Uniform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didn't the TSA loose like 1,400 uniforms a while back? I'm positive I saw something about that.

I am not against the proposal ALPA was talking about - to use some sort of iris scan / whatever to identify you. Then away you go, with your finger in the air to every TSA lackee.

They could have one at every exit to the secure areas. Would be a BIG help.

It's about time for a nation wide sickout, shut down all the airlines untill we start being treated as part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

Fracking idiotic beurocratic nightmare!

It's about time for a nation wide sickout, shut down all the airlines untill we start being treated as part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

Fracking idiotic beurocratic nightmare!

I don't know about THAT, but some kind of informational video would be nice.
Hey.. this is what a pilot's life is like. They shouldn't have to take their shoes off.. See: Their shoes protect their feet from dirty rudder pedals.
Now THOSE will crash an airplane if you don't have a trained professional with nice shoes on working them properly.

Like many of you, I have been in this industry since before 9/11. To be honest with you I have only had one very negative encounter with a TSA agent. The agent in AZO gave me a hard time about having a package of batteries in my flight case which went with my battery powered ANR headset. It took a bit of explaining as to why I had them, and the "approval" of a supervisor to take them with me.

That was over three years ago now.

Sure, I have seen my share of idiocy from these guys (like the one who made a woman put her lipstick in a ziploc bag only to tell her she could take it right back out when she left checkpoint - she had it in the bag for about 10 seconds - she put it in the bag he gave her - he said okay - then she proceeded to take it right back out!)

I guess put me in in the category of those who just chose not to get all worked up. It is one minute of my time, and I have had to go through security ever since I started in this industry. To me the stupid things these guys do at times is more like comic relief for me, not something to get angry about. I always picture the SNL TSA training skit and go through with a smirk on my face.

that's all well and good, but if we all had that attitude, they would continue to chip away at our rights while we don't get worked up.

20 years from now we will say,

"Hey Bob, remember when we could go through the checkpoint with our clothes on? those were the days."

"Sure do Bill, hey Bob have you had a bowel movement today?"

"Nope, I bet the agent gets some poo on his glove heh heh heh"

"heh heh yep.. screw em"

Last edited:
Sounds to me like you work in a place where they are not so bad. It varies from airport to airport. If you had to put up with some of this crap you'd be singing a different song Mr. Fat Dumb and Happy living in your base.

I don't dispute that the TSA is a joke and they have a lot of stupid rules. I just choose to not let it bother me because it's a lose-lose deal. I leave the check point in a good mood and I don't make an a$$ out of myself in the process. Just because I live in base doesn't mean I don't deal with them. I go thru every time I go to work and after RON's and I non-rev a bunch all over so I have had my fair share of dealings with TSA. Oh...and I also commuted for 8 months. It's your choice on wheather or not you want to look like a jerk and leave the check point all worked up. I grin and bear the process and I even make some small talk and joke around with the screeners. Try it some time. Makes life easier. Again....I'm not saying I agree with TSA...rather...I just know it's a lose-lose for me to go against their game plan. I will let you wage the war Mr. Rogers. good luck.

The reason TSA inspectors can get guns and knives through screening is because TSA mgmt is distracting its own inspectors with liquids, zip-lock bags and commuters. When will they learn?

These morons should worry more about the passengers coming thru security then harassing crew members who just want to get comfortable!!!! But in all honesty, Im not the least bit surprised by this. Just enforces my opinion on these jerkoffs!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back