• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA WARNING: Commuters must be in Uniform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"know it has been asked in more general terms, but I'll ask it more specifically, how do you identify an islamic terrorist? And what nation(s) do you go after?"

Herein lies the problem. Terrorist do not work for a nation. They have no real government, they hold little territory, they have no values which equal our own. By terrorist lacking tangible things the West finds itself in a war of asymmetry. How can we defeat people who want to die, how can we bomb them and see tangible results? We cannot.

Islamic terrorists come in all shapes and sizes. You cannot narrow it down to a single ethnicity. It is a movement braced by many. It is always changing, thus giving it more asymmetry.

Herein lies the problem. Terrorist do not work for a nation. They have no real government, they hold little territory, they have no values which equal our own. By terrorist lacking tangible things the West finds itself in a war of asymmetry. How can we defeat people who want to die, how can we bomb them and see tangible results? We cannot.

Islamic terrorists come in all shapes and sizes. You cannot narrow it down to a single ethnicity. It is a movement braced by many. It is always changing, thus giving it more asymmetry.

That was my point.

States that support, sponser, harbor and FUND terrorism. The CIA knows more than we do. Have some faith in your government. They have done a decent job so far in our 200 years of existance.

So tell me, which states do we go after? Terrorism is far bigger than states. My of what we are seeing is being controlled by an ideology that superceeds boundries. Do we bomb the United Kingdom because Richard Reid came from there and has a growing number of Islamic extremists? How about Indonesia? You can't bomb an ideology.

While our government has done many wonderful things over our 200+ years of existence, they have also laid some major eggs as well. Blind faith in any government is a dangerous way to go.

That was my point.

So tell me, which states do we go after? Terrorism is far bigger than states. My of what we are seeing is being controlled by an ideology that superceeds boundries. Do we bomb the United Kingdom because Richard Reid came from there and has a growing number of Islamic extremists? How about Indonesia? You can't bomb an ideology.

While our government has done many wonderful things over our 200+ years of existence, they have also laid some major eggs as well. Blind faith in any government is a dangerous way to go.

We keep doing what we are doing: hunting,defunding,killing the enemy.What else do you suggest? Looking the other way or pretending it doesnt exist or just "try not to make them mad" Is absurd. They are already mad and they (the extremists) want to and have killed us. What side do you want to be on. You have to pick at some point. Im very happy with our way of life and would like to see it continue.

here is the solution, NUKE EVERYONE BUT US THEN BUILD A MOON BASE AND MOVE ONLY HOT FA (SINCE WE KNOW THEY LIKE TO F***) AND US TO RULE SPACE! AHAAHAHH

States that support, sponser, harbor and FUND terrorism. The CIA knows more than we do. Have some faith in your government. They have done a decent job so far in our 200 years of existance.

Did you ever have history class in high school?

Someone who deals with this needs to leave emotion and rhetoric out of it. Very difficult to do because it can be an emotional issue. If we want to solve it however it is a necessity. The status quo / asking how you can prove that what we are doing is not working is completely simplistic and reflects an uninformed view.

I do blame the media for a lot of the problems however.

This is a very salient issue with regard to the TSA because it is all related and stems from an attitude which does not make us safer.

Did you ever have history class in high school?

Someone who deals with this needs to leave emotion and rhetoric out of it. Very difficult to do because it can be an emotional issue. If we want to solve it however it is a necessity. The status quo / asking how you can prove that what we are doing is not working is completely simplistic and reflects an uninformed view.

I do blame the media for a lot of the problems however.

This is a very salient issue with regard to the TSA because it is all related and stems from an attitude which does not make us safer.

Appearently your relying on the 3 pages they spent in your high school on US History. Let me inform you that this is the same Gov. that defeated the British Empire with a militia army,Won and reunited a destroyed country in the American Civil War, Defeated Germany in WW1, Defeated Nazi Germany And at the same time defeated a fanatical suicidal disciplined Japanese Empire in WW2, defeated a much larger North Korean and chinese army in Korea, Won the cold war monetarily against the Russians. But somehow we will be defeated by islamic extremists. Again please inform me how the present course has not worked this far. All you can do is bash the current policy but never offer solutions. Just like the the elected officials who voted for it but for some reason have changed their story just in time nearing the end of the Bush's second term. Please understand, I dont mean any direspect but I cant understand how people can not support this objective. Can you imagine what this country would be like with terrorism as a common occurence. Whose side are you on?

Latest resources

Back