TSA SAT Flying given to G-Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rsspilot,
You are not working under any contract and are only limited by the FAR's, that is not industry standard. You can try and justify your actions any way you want but you know as well as I do that there were other, much better places to go, so don't act like you had no choice. On the other hand, if you have the history that I've heard most of the GJ pilots have, then maybe it was your only option.

You are looked down on because you are helping management in preventing pilots from improving their lives. Achieving meaningful contractual improvements for all regional pilots has been made much more difficult due to your selfishness and I will do my best to ensure that your decision is one you have to live with for the rest of your career. If you are smart, you will start applying to other regionals and hope the damage done is minimal.

If you think you are going to be anywhere other than another regional in 2 to 3 years, then you have a lot to figure out. Good luck.

TSA ERJ said:
rsspilot,
You are not working under any contract and are only limited by the FAR's, that is not industry standard. You can try and justify your actions any way you want but you know as well as I do that there were other, much better places to go, so don't act like you had no choice. On the other hand, if you have the history that I've heard most of the GJ pilots have, then maybe it was your only option.

We are supposed to improve our lives by gaining valuable experience and then move on. Your goal should not be to spend a career at a low wage regional airline......U have the wrong attitude. You have many options to get a much better paying job than what any regional job has to offer once you get you jet time. How many people at any regional plan on spending their whole career there....not many.

As far as insulting our pilots by saying that they are not employable at other airlines I would have to ask you to take a look at the typical class at skywest, or pinnacle, or any other regional show me how many of them have over five thousand hours total, two thousand turbine, and a college degree with no suspensions or revocations. Probably none....gj was the only company in the last two years that wasn't a corporate operator that would even give an interview.

You can say that others wouldnt interview me because im a loser or whatever you want but the bottom line is that gj has provided me a better qol than my previous night freight hauling lear jet/ mu-2 job that i had previously. Its easy for guys with airline jobs building 121 pic time to tell others not to take a job when they are happily building their time. If it is so lousy than why are you still doing it....as you say there are plenty of other jobs out there than your so called lousy regional job.

I am happy that I am working at gj and now have a great quality of life no matter what you wanna say.....i wish the same for you.

I still dont understand why you wanna constantly bash us......why dont you go after your management instead....We arent your problem.

Last edited:
You are the problem, that's what you fail to understand. You enabled management in preventing QOL and other improvements, not only at TSA but other regionals as well. Without you and others like you there would not be a whipsaw. I have no plans on spending a career at TSA, but I am commited to improving the quality of life, contractual benefits and pay as long as I am here. You personally have undermined that. Knowingly or unknowingly you have hurt your career thinking you are helping it. Good luck

By the way our management is your management, so if you don't heed what the TSA pilots have to say you'll learn the hard way.

Last edited:
What does any of this matter.

If the vote was yes the same 48 guys and girls would be out on the street. And the same two airplanes would be parked.

None of the furloughes ever got a chance to vote either.

PCL_128 said:
Sorry, but that dog won't hunt. Those UAL 737s were replaced with AWAC RJs because you voted away your scope language willingly.

You gave your flying away. The TSA pilots had it stolen from them. Big difference.

PCL just to be clear AWAC never flew ORD-IAD in the RJ, they did however fly MKE-IAD after a 10 year hiatus.

I am not building PIC time because of G0jet .....but THAT is not what is at issue.

Because of your "me me me" attitude you have brought this industry down a little bit......the more you grow the worse you will affect it. The regional sector of this industry is destroying the top end "major airline" jobs.

Less and less at the next level and then........poof no big iron job for any of us.......thanks.

Had a Piedmont jumpseater in the cockpit today talking about how his buddy took a street captain job over at G0jet in March. He told him he needed to get that jet PIC time to get on at FedEx. Never even gave it a second thought.......backstabbing at its best.

Well he just hasn't got it yet.....he just slammed the door over there for him.....he just doesn't know it yet.

Who represents FedEx over there......hmm

oceandude said:
Shrek, you need to get l@id!

For someone who got rejected by Air wisoconsin and numerous other airlines, and was whimpering about leaving aviation a few short months ago,
joining an alter ego sure has made you mouthy, dude.

Latest resources

Back