• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA SAT Flying given to G-Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I don't understand is why ALPA is not suing TSA and TSH for violating the TSA\ALPA pilot contract... as it clearly states that all flying for the company shall be by pilots on the current seniority list? The contract clearly states that no other company shall be created to circumvent the contract… as in TSH and GoJet.

Also, why hasn’t ALPA filed an appeal on our behalf regarding the single carrier petition as anyone with an open eye can see that GoJet and
TSA are really operated by one company which the contract language prohibits?

redbook said:
UEJ500,

I am going to try and respond to your post. You have been vocal on this board opposing the g0jet pilots and on that, we are on the same page.

However, please don't insinuate that I don't care about my fellow TSA pilots.
Additionally, if you can't understand that taking a SIX YEAR CONTRACT extension is a bad thing, and had we done so, we would have successfully been whipsawed, than you are the one making dumb statements.

What good are those 150 pilot jobs flying larger and larger jets for a substandard contract from years and years ago? When does this end? In the year 2020? 2030? We were faced with a choice. Here is an idea.

VOTE.

We did. You don't like the results. I respect that. Please don't bash the 75% of your pilot group that sees things differently than you. We are independent thinkers and not pawns of ANYONE. Not the company, not the union. We live our life out on the line, and we make our decisions.

You think you saw the "light". You voted yes. I think you were wrong then and you are still wrong. I believe that some things are worth fighting for.

I'm right, your attitude is wrong. You still think you stood up for something when you really lost. I don't care anymore, don't plan on working for this company anymore or with an MEC that creates this atmosphere.

75% might have voted but I would say that the majority of those who voted no were fence sitters and now wish they could take it back.

The COL increase argument was a big issue. What COL increase are we getting now? NOTHING. What are we getting? More furloughs and pay cuts.

Our MEC sucks and you cannot defend them. The worse it get here and the more you try to paint a picture of us "winning" by voting no, the less credibility you have.

Here's another prediction:
The current MEC is done.

N311HK said:
Alright kids:

Voting No or Yes has nothing to do with current situation. United needed 70 seat flying to be done. TSA started a company to provide that service. I don't like it either and I live with my decsion. We took a stand for what was right. Over done with. My life has continued fine with GJ around. But lets get this clear and straight. The flying given to GJ was "NEW" flying.

My problem is my brothers getting the "Can" while GJ is taking "OLD" flying done by TSA. This being done for a cheaper cost. So voting yes or no has no bearing on the current issue: TSA PILOTS BEING FURLOUGHED and FLYING BEING TAKEN AWAY FROM TSA PILOTS because it can be done cheaper by people that will sell themselves out for money and career.

I think my parents did a good job in raising me and teaching what is "right" and "wrong." This is clear cut "WRONG" So I don't continue to complain about GJ. They did what they had to do. I don't know them and I don't care. My problem is TSA management. BAckstabbing someone to get ahead is wrong. SO GIVE IT UP WITH THE SHOULD HAVE VOTED YES.

I care about my fellow pilots at TSA and every other airline pilot. We ALL have vision of what this job should be. And our choices to vote NO was in the best interest to preserve that vision, not sell it out.

So whoever you are, GJ or not, if you're selling yourself short in this field think about all the people that affected by your greed

I need a drink

Um, ok. How did Chautauqua and Mesa solve the same problem with one seniority list. That is the problem. And you are correct about them taking flying that was TSA and our guys with families to support are getting f-ed. All because we wanted to fight management for something other than a pile of sh!t.

UEJ500 said:
I'm right, your attitude is wrong. You still think you stood up for something when you really lost. I don't care anymore, don't plan on working for this company anymore or with an MEC that creates this atmosphere.

75% might have voted but I would say that the majority of those who voted no were fence sitters and now wish they could take it back.

The COL increase argument was a big issue. What COL increase are we getting now? NOTHING. What are we getting? More furloughs and pay cuts.

Our MEC sucks and you cannot defend them. The worse it get here and the more you try to paint a picture of us "winning" by voting no, the less credibility you have.

Here's another prediction:
The current MEC is done.

I am not "painting a picture". I am reminding you of your fellow pilot's stand. They voted 75% no. Keep attacking everyone's credibility and ignore these basic facts, and its your credibility that is suffering.

You never responded to how far you would go. Would you take a one hundred year extension? Do you just want to fly a 70 seat jet regardless of pay?

What do you want?

For someone who bemoans all the personal attacks, you are pretty good at dispensing them.

And blaming the MEC for our "atmosphere". That is just classic David H. Our "atmosphere" would be great if we signed that 100 year extension right?

More flying at ANY cost is not the way to go.......

That is what I believe and will never change that viewpoint. You can agree or disagree to that point of view.......

Our MEC did nothing but put an LOA to a vote with a neutral endorsement. BUT anybody could see it was a bad deal as was mentioned earlier.

Remember almost 8 out of 10 pilots agree that voted......that says a lot.

To think that the TSA MEC has that much influence over the pilot group is unrealistic.......and to those that did NOT vote well you gave up the right to complain in my book........

Get INVOLVED in your union or you can just post here......your choice.

redbook said:
I am not "painting a picture". I am reminding you of your fellow pilot's stand. They voted 75% no. Keep attacking everyone's credibility and ignore these basic facts, and its your credibility that is suffering.

You never responded to how far you would go. Would you take a one hundred year extension? Do you just want to fly a 70 seat jet regardless of pay?

What do you want?

For someone who bemoans all the personal attacks, you are pretty good at dispensing them.

And blaming the MEC for our "atmosphere". That is just classic David H. Our "atmosphere" wold be great if we signed that 100 year extension right?

Flying is flying....gj pilots didnt take any flying from anybody...they applied for a job....interviewed...offered and accepted. America is built on people working hard, gaining experience and moving on to greener pastures.....We all have to start somewhere. It is not possible to get the dream job right out of the gate. U are being very unreasonable to expect anyone to see your side when you are gainfully employed and advancing your careers and the rest of us were trying to start ours.
We didnt take anyones flying.....we are working at industry average wages for an industry standard contract and most will move on within two to three years.....U voted that u didnt want to fly the larger jet for the same pay and that is great for you. U shouldnt be on here bashing us for taking a job when we were unemployed and trying to build a career.

A lot of us might have elected no, like you did, if we were already flying in the industry but I for one could care less if others took the job...I would be happy with what i have and not be concerned for what others are trying to achieve. It is selfish of you to have your but not want others to have a chance at theirs.

You voted NO now get over it and move on......Fly your jets, build your experience and go home on your off days and be with your family...quit spreading all your hatred it really makes you look bitter and sad.

rsspilot said:
You voted NO now get over it and move on......Fly your jets, build your experience and go home on your off days and be with your family...quit spreading all your hatred it really makes you look bitter and sad.

We voted no. We are not over it and we won't forget. That is your intent, but we don't plan on following the advice of alter ego pilots.

You are hoping that the stigma of your actions won't follow you. Sorry. Don't be bitter and sad when it does.

Why are we even bothering to discuss this with these SCABs? They aren't even worthy of conversation. Let them rot at HoJet for the rest of their careers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back