TSA SAT Flying given to G-Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cheeeese

The Vars message told us that the company's reason behind the furloughs is a reduction in flying out of SAT. The company said they were not making any money on those routes, so they are now parking 2 EMB's.

However, if you look at United flights on Jul 4 and Jul 5 (SAT to MSY, SAT to OMA, and SAT to ABQ) you can cleary see what the real reason is.
Trans states planes are doing the July 4th flying to these cities and then on the 5th, GayJet starts doing them. They are doing the same routes. The trip to MSY is the exact same time as the TSA flight, and the rest are at the most 15 minutes off.

I guess the company thinks that if a 50 seat airplane can't fill up, lets put a 70 seater on.

Now, i realize the company can do this Sh**ty thing. I also realize the company can give what ever reason they want.

But shouldn't someone in the union communicate this type of information to the pilot group. There are people who actually believe the company's lie's. Giving people facts like this, takes away rumors and shows the company's lies.

One last thing, Gayjet and Gayjet supporters.....you make me want to vomit..you worthless scabs...(off course the supporters are just scab lickers).

Uh, no its not, I just checked, it says transstates and ERJ145. Take a screen shot and post it up if you see any of them that say blowjet.

rjacobs said:
Uh, no its not, I just checked, it says transstates and ERJ145. Take a screen shot and post it up if you see any of them that say blowjet.

LegFlight infoDateDepartArriveStops1United Airlines 7883
(Operated by United Express/Go Jet)Jul 77:39 pm SAT9:09 pm MSYNon-stop2United Airlines 7889
(Operated by United Express/Go Jet) Jul 145:14 pm MSY6:54 pm SATNon-279.10 USD per personLegFlight infoDateDepartArriveStops1United Airlines 7886
(Operated by United Express/Go Jet) Jul 710:09 am SAT11:30 am MSYNon-stop2United Airlines 7889
(Operated by United Express/Go Jet) Jul 145:14 pm MSY6:54 pm SATNon-
http://www.itn.net/cgi/res?stamp=~FKmkYrtYSz*itn/ord=1151085924.08977,itn/air/united&low_fare.0-0=1

do a search on www.united.com

rjacobs said:

You obviously typed the wrong dates..it's there. one day TSA the next Gayjet. I don't need to post them...you can believe me or learn how to use your computer a little better. www.unitedairlines.com.

but anyway i went back again and just picked some dates for the MSY routes.

TSA
June 28 Flt 8080 SAT MSY 1009a - 1130a

Gayjet
July 13 Flt 7886 SAT MSY 1009a - 1130a

If you want the other cities or different dates...look yourself.
They are all the same. Starting July 5th and 6th. The same day as the 28 TSA furloughs.

OK now im confused, if you search by price it is blowjet, if you search by schedule it is TSA. The times are the same. Is this somehow a way to get around the united contract? IF it is I hope TSAH screws themself out of all united flying.

Last edited:
They got Mesa's IAD-SAT route as well.

I have no stake in this but it seems to me many regional airline pilots had no trouble taking flying away from United mainline flying on shorter routes keeping United pilots on furlough longer (SAT used to be a United 737), had no trouble flying AWAC routes for United at O'Hare when your management unbid AWAC, and now the same is happening to you and you cry injustice. Did a United or AWAC pilot ever turn you down for a jumpseat? Maybe they should have. Sometimes you need to look at the plank in your own eye before looking at the speck in your brothers eye.

Last edited:
AirCobra said:
I have no stake in this but it seems to me many regional airline pilots had no trouble taking flying away from United mainline flying on shorter routes keeping United pilots on furlough longer (SAT used to be a United 737), had no trouble flying AWAC routes for United at O'Hare when your management unbid AWAC, and now the same is happening to you and you cry injustice. Did a United or AWAC pilot ever turn you down for a jumpseat? Maybe they should have. Sometimes you need to look at the plank in your own eye before looking at the speck in your brothers eye.

Yeaaaaa baby!!!! Nice!

I can't believe that no one else saw this coming, everyone is acting so surprised. United comes to TSH and says, we want some 70 seaters. Did everyone think that they were going to keep the 50's around for the heck of it?? United feels they can make more money with the 70's over the 50's. i would say this is just the start of things to come. United wanted them so they are going to use them. BTW how many 50's does TSA operate for United anyways?

Latest resources

Back