TSA SAT Flying given to G-Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just a reminder;

United didn't start a regional airline to udercut it's own pilots. TSH did this with G0JET.

Of course they want 70 seaters to replace the 50 seat aircraft. Of course they will make more money. 20 more seats and only $1.50 more per hour for the Captain and the same pay rate for the F/O while only being paid block.

What a great idea, while operating out of ORD lets not pay the pilots anything while they sit on the ground during delays and while they hold for hours. The question that management wanted answered is how can we not pay our employees while they work? It's not cheap labor anymore, its free labor they want and g0jet gave it to them.

Meanwhile, over 70 TSA pilots are being hurt while double that number are employed at g0jet. Now lets get back to reality and talk about how a company could undercut its own employees to do this. "how can we furlough pilots and hire new ones at first year pay?" This is the real deal and it's happening to us at TSA. All of you g0jet pilots and people on here defending are being really ignorant, you won't be able to defend them when they find a way to take you to the cleaners.

For me, I just hope I can find a job before the TSA ship sinks.
Hey, do any of your fathers work for CAL? I was wondering if they could plead my case to the chief pilot.

Aerosurfer is way off base. Regionals at United picked up 20-30 precent of the domestic flying depending on the time of year. STL, SAT, COS, three flights a day to IAD, and Montreal are not feeder routes, these were flights flown by Mainline. TSA was willing to take routes for lower wages than mainline United, and TSA ERJ pilots happily flew them. TSA booted AWAC out of ORD by bidding lower and TSA pilots happily flew those routes too. Where were your principles when it came to United 737 and A319 pilots or AWAC BAe-146 guys? Do you see how giving domestic flying to regionals has kept United pilots on furlough? Now what you did to United is being done to you. You have benefitted from flying in United colors. You probably dropped the "Express" part of United Express when talking to girls at a bar. Now you come on here and speak with such self indignation about denying Go Jet pilots jumpseats and how much better you are than Go Jet. Look in the mirror, what routes are you flying today that were flown by United or AWAC? Has a United or AWAC pilot ever denied a TSA guy a jumpseat? Probably not. Its time you mature and cut the vendetta stuff and realize the nature of the industry you are in.

AirCobra said:
Aerosurfer is way off base. Regionals at United picked up 20-30 precent of the domestic flying depending on the time of year. STL, SAT, COS, three flights a day to IAD, and Montreal are not feeder routes, these were flights flown by Mainline. TSA was willing to take routes for lower wages than mainline United, and TSA ERJ pilots happily flew them. TSA booted AWAC out of ORD by bidding lower and TSA pilots happily flew those routes too. Where were your principles when it came to United 737 and A319 pilots or AWAC BAe-146 guys? Do you see how giving domestic flying to regionals has kept United pilots on furlough? Now what you did to United is being done to you. You have benefitted from flying in United colors. You probably dropped the "Express" part of United Express when talking to girls at a bar. Now you come on here and speak with such self indignation about denying Go Jet pilots jumpseats and how much better you are than Go Jet. Look in the mirror, what routes are you flying today that were flown by United or AWAC? Has a United or AWAC pilot ever denied a TSA guy a jumpseat? Probably not. Its time you mature and cut the vendetta stuff and realize the nature of the industry you are in.

well said.

Turbosnake03 said:
well said.

I love how you guys keep backing this up like it just make's TSA look bad. What they're saying is that regionals stole United's flying, and Gayjets stole flying from TSA, so that makes you double bad you fool~!

AirCobra said:

AWAC = not Mainline

Thus, AWAC "stole" United flying. No problem with that?
TSA "undercuts and steals" flying from AWAC.
AWAC then dusts themselves off and starts flying for USAirways.
In summary, Mainline airlines shifting flying between established Regional carriers.

GJ was set up as an alter-ego airline from day one. At least some Mainline pilots understand: an alter-ego is an alter-ego is an alter-ego, whether it's New York Air in the 80's or GJ in 2006.

AirCobra said:
STL, SAT, COS, three flights a day to IAD, and Montreal are not feeder routes, these were flights flown by Mainline. TSA was willing to take routes for lower wages than mainline United, and TSA ERJ pilots happily flew them.

Not True! No One flew SAT to ABQ,COS,TUL,OKC,OMA,MSY and MCI under UA colors, not even UA mainline. These routes were part of a "shared revenue" agreement between UA and Trans States. Granted SAT to DEN,IAD,ORD have been flown in the past by mainline, but Trans States didn't fly these routes.

Trans States "Holdings" has another carrier, G0Jet, who can fly these routes cheaper that Trans States "Airlines", even though they fly larger equipment. Not sure if G0Jet is actually going to fly anything other than to the hubs, but in this case, Trans States Airlines did not take ANY routes from ANYONE in SAT.

AirCobra said:

Which could have been avoided if you guys wouldn't have been to good to fly a fifty seat jet.

Reebo said:
Not True! No One flew SAT to ABQ,COS,TUL,OKC,OMA,MSY and MCI under UA colors, not even UA mainline. These routes were part of a "shared revenue" agreement between UA and Trans States. Granted SAT to DEN,IAD,ORD have been flown in the past by mainline, but Trans States didn't fly these routes.

Trans States "Holdings" has another carrier, G0Jet, who can fly these routes cheaper that Trans States "Airlines", even though they fly larger equipment. Not sure if G0Jet is actually going to fly anything other than to the hubs, but in this case, Trans States Airlines did not take ANY routes from ANYONE in SAT.

HERE GOES,

I Haven't said a word about GOJ3t Pilots, but if your soooo unionized with Teamsters, if you ********************3rs fly the routes we are losing and furloughing over; THAN YOU ARE A BUNCH OF SCABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPECIALLY YOU DAVE T.

PtP

P.S. I'm not going to pay any attention to any F'N add that says "don't (use, buy, go to, ....etc.) " for any Teamsters ad; ANYWHERE!

AirCobra said:

You “mainline pilots” that get on these regional boards and waist your valuable days off that you could be spending with your families are always right. Give me a Fing break mister 6 post mainline impersonating gjet homo. I agree that we should give support to the gjet pilots and not tsa, I mean TSA had the decency to take a stand in this industry and put a foot down saying “we will no longer let this industry’s wages plummet”. Whether you are a mainline guy on furlough or a flight instructor you should recognize when someone makes a stand in your favor. When I read these boards I feel sick. The hypocritical a$$e$ that talk to regional pilots like they are children need to open their eyes. Don’t for one more second tell me that I took your routes and gjet pilots are no worse. To Those TSA guys that said enough is enough my hat is off to you. Maybe one day the rest of the industry’s employees will stop b!tching and take some action like you did.

Motive Flow said:
AWAC = not Mainline

Thus, AWAC "stole" United flying. No problem with that?
TSA "undercuts and steals" flying from AWAC.
AWAC then dusts themselves off and starts flying for USAirways.
In summary, Mainline airlines shifting flying between established Regional carriers.

GJ was set up as an alter-ego airline from day one. At least some Mainline pilots understand: an alter-ego is an alter-ego is an alter-ego, whether it's New York Air in the 80's or GJ in 2006.

Obviously, you don't know your regional history;

which you should before you make such a statement: UAL bought AWAC in the early 90's and took flying from them. Funny how everyone forgets that small snippet of aviation history.

Latest resources

Back