TSA SAT Flying given to G-Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirCobra said:
"You know this is not true. Mainline United took two 737's off ORD to IAD and replaced the with three RJ flights (nearly equal number of seats, lower paid pilots). United also did something similar in COS. You are also trying to tell me the AWAC flying for USAir is anywhere near the amount it did for United at ORD for the last 19 years. TSA, Mesa, and Skywset came in and underbid AWAC just like Go Jet is underbidding TSA. You were willing to fly United Mainline routes for less than half the pay a United FO makes. Well no wonder you fly ORD to IAD or ORD to DFW instead of places like Evansville and Champaign like in the old days. It is also why 43% of the United domestic flights out of ORD are UAX. Your company underbid mainline pilots, then you fly around in United colors, using United's reservation system to fill your planes, using United ground crews, and try to say that somehow you are better than Go Jet. You did something even dumber, if your goal is to work for a high paying major airline, well you just reduced your chances of ever doing that because United can get you to fly the same routes for $20.00 an hour.

Sorry, but that dog won't hunt. Those UAL 737s were replaced with AWAC RJs because you voted away your scope language willingly. You have no one to blame but yourself for losing that flying. Not so with the TSA/HoJet situation. Their scope language is intact, and the intent is clear: all flying is to be done by the TSA pilots.

You gave your flying away. The TSA pilots had it stolen from them. Big difference.

PCL_128 said:
You gave your flying away. The TSA pilots had it stolen from them. Big difference.

How did they steal the flying???

TSA VOTED NO!!!!!!! THAT MEANS THEY DIDN'T WANT IT!!!!!!!!!! How the hell do you steal something from someone that dosen't even want it??????

How do figure United did it to their pilots. Ever heard of scope? Pilots get to vote on that sort of thing or is that a new addition to contracts?

You GJ apologists slay me. Always looking to excuse what they've done. You continue to compare two entirely different facets of the trade. It's one deal for a copany to underbid another, fact of life. But when the company you work for creates another to hose you, not quite the same. You continue to make this comparison and you need to find another excuse because I'll continue to tell everybody about what you've done. I am sure back in the day, you were probably trashing Freedom guys. You're no better.

They are crooked management enablers and I can not wait for the day they get theirs from HK.

And I do not work for Trans States.

Turbosnake03 said:

TSA VOTED NO!!!!!!! THAT MEANS THEY DIDN'T WANT IT!!!!!!!!!! How the hell do you steal something from someone that dosen't even want it??????

They didn't need to vote for it, because it was already theirs.

From the TSA CBA, Section 1.B.1: (emphasis is mine)

All flying in and for the scheduled revenue passenger service of the Company and any wet lease or charter flying presently performed or to be performed in the future by the Company, shall be performed by active Pilots on the Trans States Airlines Pilots' Seniority List and shall be flown in accordance with all of the provisions of the Employment agreement and applicable amendments thereto between the Company and the Pilots as represented by the Air Line Pilots Association, International (AFL‑CIO).

Turbosnake03 said:

You're a scum bag. get over it. TSA pilots wanted that flying. They did not want you yellow bellied weasels to have furlough protection. They got to vote ONCE!!

I look foward to running into you guys out there now(easy to spot with their heads down and ID turned backwards). Nothing to fear from a casual insult tossed your way now. Sure, I'll even cut in line on you at McDonalds.

Shrek said:
We tried to reverse the trend but unfortunately there were eager pilots willing to bypass our seniority list and be part of the whipsaw. They seem giddy at the fact that TSA pilots are on the street.......and will probably have a "holdings appreciation Day BBQ" when the last TSA flight is flown.......

And the GJ pilots will probably gladly pay the 20 bucks the company will charge to go to that BBQ.

BIgPun said:
Intership not going to well shooter... I was just in ORD the other day and ran into GO-JET crew getting something to eat. I could see there ID just fine. They even had the balls to say hello.

Hey, I've got an Idea, grow a sack of potatoes and say something.. Man the fu...k up son.... You sure talk a big game.. PM if you'd like to get a coffee sometime to discuss this further.

Cheers,

I've been through ORD too many times as wel as in the crewrrom where those guys are allowed. Not too much from them and they don't look nearly as proud as they do in the training center.

interNship? I'm probably older than you are. I earned my way to crappy way. I'll man the "F" up. I can shoot the sh1t with you anytime so long as schedules match. Sorta a b1tch to call in sick for no reason. PM sent, boy.

Delete -supposed to be a separate thread.

Last edited:
Shrek said:
We would not sacrifice our already outdated contract and have yet another extention (with concessions) just to get 70 seat planes. We would of had THE WORST contract in the business.

We tried to reverse the trend but unfortunately there were eager pilots willing to bypass our seniority list and be part of the whipsaw. They seem giddy at the fact that TSA pilots are on the street.......and will probably have a "holdings appreciation Day BBQ" when the last TSA flight is flown.......

It breaks my heart to see it when a fellow pilot is the one puttin the knife in your back.

Shrek, you are living in a dream world if you don't think there are people who are willing to replace each of us. Maybe if we had a true national union, we could do something. However we don't. Do whatever you need to forge a single list with G0Jets. The short term pain will be worth it in the long run.

Some things TSA pilots didnt like about the UAL LOA:

1. rates on 70 as well as 90 seaters
2. loophole language
3. g0jet furlough protection
4. 4 year duration of contract extension
5. no increase in per diem
6. 1.5% COLA bumps
7. smoke and mirrors opportunity for fo positions. What pilot group would want the proposed, concessionary LOA for at most 100 fo pilot slots? And if they did how is that being responsible to the MAJORITY of the pilot group-- and please dont use the ,'at least you have a job" BS routine.
8. Already preexisting vague contractual language.
9. scope language was decent but could be maneuvered around somehow.
10. A crappy grievance process which TSA exploits every chance they get
11. 1% matching 401K
12. schitty insurance rates
13. after about 3 or 4 do you really need a 13?

So you see, 75% said "NO". I'm just glad that it was voted down because it just goes to show that the majority saw thru the BS of -- oh we'll get 40 planes but only reap the benefits of 100 fo positions? Mgmt knew if it was voted on it would fail-- Hence the attempt to undermine the union and have the MEC chairman ratify it without a pilot vote for only a measly 3 years. AHHH, I can hear it now--- all the people who voted "YES" would call our MEC chair an idiot for signing it in without a vote and blaming him for what would've been..

You see, the company plays devil's advocate and spins it whichever way they want.

God dang, quit beating a dead horse. It's over, we're seperate companies. Move on-- enjoy the growth at our expense and shut the f************************* up. We weren't willing to sacrifice- you were-- because someone always is

Latest resources

Back