Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Three questions about the Q-400 trim and deice system.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1) If there is an audible alert and it failed while the autopilot is on then the crew would have no clue the plane was being brought to a bad place. That would help clear the pilots.

Speculation, the NTSB will let us know. I would also like to say that if that is what might have happened, there are lots of indications in a cockpit for a mistrim conditions especially if it's happening with the auto pilot on. But it doesn't mean that it happened and the pilots didn't catchi you see?? It's all speculaiton. Hold your phone on that one.

2) If the deice system failed then with or without autopilot they were screwed. Once again, clearing the pilots.

Speculation, the NTSB will let us know.

3) If the 1 min/3 min switch is faulty then they may have thought the switch was working in 1 min mode but was working in 3 min mode. 3 minutes is a long time in sever icing. Again, clearing the pilots.

Speculation, the NTSB will let us know.

Happy?

Last edited:
Really?

That is classy. Paying for a job? You piece of ********************.

This is coming from a true winner in life. You must have such an amazing life to have soooo much time ALONE to post a whooping 3800+ messages on THIS board alone. WOW, I guess you don't have a family to spend time with. I guess you don't' have buddies to spend time with, but you DO have soooo much time to post on this board. I bet you consider the people on here that you have never met your friends. Now THAT is sad. However, it makes sense to me. That is why all you can do is try to put me down. I am sorry you couldn't earn enough money on your own to pay for the FO program that I paid for 8+ years ago. I am sorry you have no life but feel good about yourself putting others down. I bet you are middle aged, divorced, overweight and the only action you get is self provided. Where am I wrong... I'm not and that is sad. You should change your life and got get one. Go the gym and lose that gut then go find a woman or man that is willing to put up with you. Just some advice for you..take it or leave it. You know I am right though. Anyone with enough time to post that much is VERY alone.

You just keep proving my point with every post. I never claimed to be anything more than I am.

Which is a rotten piece of crap that paid for a job.

I am pretty content with who I am and what I do for a living.

You are proud of paying for a job? You piece of crap!

I am surly not eating Raman while being furloughed.

I am furloughed, and I am not eating Raman noodles. In fact, I don't think I ever have. You're a tool. STFU and GTFO!

Happier as it is one of about 5 intelligent responses. The NTSB will let us know eventually. I want to get the media to report these as possible issues to get the focus somewhat away from the pilots. That is all I am trying to do. Doesn't everyone on here want that? They are already speculating and I heard a local station somewhere was starting to talk about what the pilots should have done differently. That is wrong. So, like I said happier!

My name is Icywings the internet thug, and I like to steal real pilots jobs by paying for one. I like to eat poo, nom nom nom nom, blah blah blah blah.

I can play your stupid internet games too! Yes I have a ******************** ton of posts on flightinfo. No, the rest of your post does not apply.

Happier as it is one of about 5 intelligent responses. The NTSB will let us know eventually. I want to get the media to report these as possible issues to get the focus somewhat away from the pilots. That is all I am trying to do. Doesn't everyone on here want that? They are already speculating and I heard a local station somewhere was starting to talk about what the pilots should have done differently. That is wrong. So, like I said happier!

Are you going to fly over to FOX News and deliver the facts yourself to Bill O'Reilly?!?!? Maybe you can get him to give up on his US Airways conspiracy theory while you are there. Watch out, I hear he's into little girls like you, PFT a$$clown!

You just keep proving my point with every post. I never claimed to be anything more than I am. When have I claimed to be some big experienced pilot? I am sorry your insecurities are showing through. I am pretty content with who I am and what I do for a living. I am surly not eating Raman while being furloughed.

Hey buddy I tried to warn you off, but you just don't get it! You are getting clubbed in the head like a baby seal on 2 different internet message boards yet you come back for more.

You are right about one thing, you are not some big experienced pilot! Hell you weren't even a necessity to AmeriFlights operation. That means if you don't pay you don't play CLOWN! I maybe furloughed, but I am far from living on Ramen! Just curious did you find another industry you can purchase a career in?

If you mistake me egging you on for amusement as insecurity so be it. You opinion means less to me the n what I just flushed! Seriously did you eat lead paint as a child?

Just make sure you update us on CNN Exclusive. With your new found wealth of aviation knowledge you are a shoe in for a Pulitzer. I for one can't wait to see the village idiot!

Which is a rotten piece of crap that paid for a job.

You are proud of paying for a job? You piece of crap!

I am furloughed, and I am not eating Raman noodles. In fact, I don't think I ever have. You're a tool. STFU and GTFO!

LOLOLOLOLOL You should get into stand up cause you are quite funny! LOL

I never paid for a job genius. I paid for training. I don't earn a living as pilot. I told you that already so pay attention. Please try to keep up! I went through the FO program at Ameriflight. Yes and got some crap fro it from some of you which is fine. I made a lot of money in my business so why not? Why starve when I don't have to? LOL jealousy is a real tough thing to deal with. To pay for a job means I had to pay for a seat that would otherwise be a seat where a pilot would be paid to sit in..right? In essence taking their job. AMF doesn't hire into the right seat on the SA227. I did it to build enough hours to get hired the normal way. 9-11 happened and that made it even harder. So, I stayed with my work outside of aviation and make a very good living at it and get to fly for fun whenever and wherever I want now. So, if you are going to talk crap, PLEASE know what you are talking about. It saves us all alto of time. Then again your the pro with so many posts. Then again, maybe I am wrong and you know my life better than I do..lol

LOLOLOLOLOL You should get into stand up cause you are quite funny! LOL

I never paid for a job genius. I paid for training. I don't earn a living as pilot. I told you that already so pay attention. Please try to keep up! I went through the FO program at Ameriflight. Yes and got some crap fro it from some of you which is fine. I made a lot of money in my business so why not? Why starve when I don't have to? LOL jealousy is a real tough thing to deal with. To pay for a job means I had to pay for a seat that would otherwise be a seat where a pilot would be paid to sit in..right? In essence taking their job. AMF doesn't hire into the right seat on the SA227. I did it to build enough hours to get hired the normal way. 9-11 happened and that made it even harder. So, I stayed with my work outside of aviation and make a very good living at it and get to fly for fun whenever and wherever I want now. So, if you are going to talk crap, PLEASE know what you are talking about. It saves us all alto of time. Then again your the pro with so many posts. Then again, maybe I am wrong and you know my life better than I do..lol

Ok you are either 2 IQ points north of a GORK or English is your second language!

I can play your stupid internet games too! Yes I have a ******************** ton of posts on flightinfo. No, the rest of your post does not apply.

WOW I guess I REALLY hit a nerve. You should get help. LOL You are so stupid that you don't even realize you are proving my point with all your messages. I know you are just waiting for my next message so you can try to pounce and make your self feel better. Let me guess...middle child? Or did your dad beat you and you still carry anger issues from it? LOL you say I am a tool mr 3800+ messages. Did you know If you just use 1 minute of time spent for each post you have spent more than 63 HOURS typing on here. WOW that is REALLY jacked up. I honest to God feel sorry for you. No, I really do. Go get a life dude or you will wake up VERY alone one day. Put the drink down and go get a life. The drink can only numb so much overtime and eventually it won't work anymore. GET HELP!!!

Latest resources

Back