Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Three questions about the Q-400 trim and deice system.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've read your PM and find it interesting. Don't know what to make of it. My brain needs to analzye it but I will say that maybe you should give up on finding the answers to your questions on here and other forums. You have the means and ability to find your answers and make a difference (if you are who you say you are). I don't know why you are on FI.

I also wonder about whether you really want me to reveal who you are or not, since I hadn't responded to you and made any promises to that fact but you went ahead and PM'd me anyway, not knowing if I would keep your secret. I'm skeptical but don't worry, your msg to me is safe. I do have a very big question you probably won't answer and that is your name. You can PM that to me if you choose to answer it and that I can promise I would never reveal.

dude what did he tell you. Is he bill oriley? pm me now I'm curious to know.

Last edited:
When someone comes on here fishing for info after an accident, they are suspect. You sound like someone who is in the media or with a law firm. Your questions are too pointed - if I had to guess, I would bet you are with a law firm. You can find this all out in discovery once you file a suit, or when the NTSB releases their final findings.

LOL you say I am a tool mr 3800+ messages. Did you know If you just use 1 minute of time spent for each post you have spent more than 63 HOURS typing on here. WOW that is REALLY jacked up. I honest to God feel sorry for you. No, I really do. Go get a life dude or you will wake up VERY alone one day. Put the drink down and go get a life. The drink can only numb so much overtime and eventually it won't work anymore. GET HELP!!!

I wanted to point out to you icywings, that you truly have not experienced our profession if you cannot get your head around how a pilot could have racked up 3800 posts over 4.5 years. Try spending 2/3 the year away from your home and family, every year, for the rest of your working adult life. That is how many of us fare, and not something we do for fun.

Please dont ridicule any of us for how we choose to spend the time away from home in crackhouse hotels so that you and John Q Public can continue to afford your $39 fun fare.

Last edited:
I don't think it has to be a clacker, a light or efis indication also meets the requirements if I remember right-I'm too lazy to actually look it up.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that if there is no trim wheel that the indication must be audible if the trim is in motion for more than 2 seconds. That is fairly rare when the A/P is doing the trimming. In the ATR you might hear the AP trimming once or twice a day, in a 7 leg day.

I think you would hear the trim wheel. I remember from my jumpseat experiences on the 737 that the trim wheel made plenty of noise while in motion. I can only assume the 767 is the same.

Not to mention that if you forgot and have your knee resting against the trim wheel it will dislocate your kneecap for you.

ICywings seriously the joke is over. Tell us who you are. Are you an intern at CNN or FOX or something? Is this what they do in broadcast school? Take a story and come up with BS speculations? You are an idiot, how in the world do you expect us to tell you that the deice failed and the pilots had no idea that it happened? Were we physically there? Are we NTSB? Seriously, get lost.

Jeeez, if we all go back and read all your negative post's and how you attack people most will see how well you represent the pilots of GOJets.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that if there is no trim wheel that the indication must be audible if the trim is in motion for more than 2 seconds. That is fairly rare when the A/P is doing the trimming. In the ATR you might hear the AP trimming once or twice a day, in a 7 leg day.

D328-300 has no trim wheel and no audible alert. Only a small eicas display.

Latest resources

Back