Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Three questions about the Q-400 trim and deice system.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It amazes me how ignorant you people are. I don't and wouldn't pawn myself off to anyone. You know the more I put up with this crap the more I think pilots deserve the bad press we get. I have never ran into a group of people so frigging stupid to get in their own way. Someone comes on here to offer to get info to get some stuff straight and instead they get ridicule. No wonder there aren't good spokesman for aviation if most of them think like you guys there never will be. I swear if I wasn't a pilot and didn't want to help these two damn pilots from being hung out to dry I would tell you to lay in the bed of crap you have made for yourselves. I have not flown for a 135 in a long time so maybe my alliance with the brother/sisterhood doesn't show as strongly for you. I sure hope nothing ever happens to me in an airplane because I now know the one group of people I would count on to back me up will just whine, complain and hide behind their keyboards and not do a damn thing about it. Oh poor pilots cause the media is so unfair. THEY ARE but you don't have the spine to stand up to them so you take it like a little abused girl. absolutely Pathetic! I am embarrassed to be a pilot and have any association with you most of you. Thanks soooooo much for the help. I am sure the families of the fallen think you are just a stellar group of people on this board. Some of you say you're their friends. Friends DON'T let friends take the fall for something they may not have had anything to do with. Do you honestly think if I was the damn media, reporter, aviation expert, or whatever label you choose that I would fight so damn hard to get the truth? Lay in it..you made it!

What has everyone else here been telling you? Tell your friend to read the NTSB report, thats it.
Now you're here asking a pilot to give his OPINIONS!
Are you slow? did you lick the windows on the short bus?
The medias "aviation experts" are a joke in itself. Are you trying to one up those guys? Are you trying to replace one of them?
You wonder why no one wants to answer you.

I have been told that the deice has been known to shut off in low rpm during the approach phase. Not just when the airplane is slow though but when it gets put into the landing configuration. A light will come on and most of the time when you add power the light goes out but sometimes it doesn't' and the deice system is deactivated and has to be reset on to work making it confusion to the crew. Adding power fixes it enough that the automatic response to the light is the same but sometimes it is more than that. The light warning doesn't mean anything as the same light comes on when the deice system is actually failed or when the rpm is low enough that the bleed pressure is to low to blow the boots.

Last edited:
Welcome to flightinfo!!! :beer:

Sorry if I went off too much but you have no idea how much crap I am getting just trying to do the right thing. I have honestly never gotten so much crap for anything before. The funny thing is I am getting all this crap and this has nothing to do with me. I get nothing in return and don't want anything in return and wouldn't accept anything in return. Yet, I am being treated like I am trying to sell post crash photos. Amazing!

Sorry if I went off too much but you have no idea how much crap I am getting just trying to do the right thing. I have honestly never gotten so much crap for anything before. The funny thing is I am getting all this crap and this has nothing to do with me. I get nothing in return and don't want anything in return and wouldn't accept anything in return. Yet, I am being treated like I am trying to sell post crash photos. Amazing!

No offense but a internet message board is a really bad place to look for facts to educate the ignorant media.

It amazes me how ignorant you people are. I don't and wouldn't pawn myself off to anyone. You know the more I put up with this crap the more I think pilots deserve the bad press we get. I have never ran into a group of people so frigging stupid to get in their own way. Someone comes on here to offer to get info to get some stuff straight and instead they get ridicule. No wonder there aren't good spokesman for aviation if most of them think like you guys there never will be. I swear if I wasn't a pilot and didn't want to help these two damn pilots from being hung out to dry I would tell you to lay in the bed of crap you have made for yourselves. I have not flown for a 135 in a long time so maybe my alliance with the brother/sisterhood doesn't show as strongly for you. I sure hope nothing ever happens to me in an airplane because I now know the one group of people I would count on to back me up will just whine, complain and hide behind their keyboards and not do a damn thing about it. Oh poor pilots cause the media is so unfair. THEY ARE but you don't have the spine to stand up to them so ......
All Hail Icywings!
He saved the aviation world from the media, and it all started right here on FI.com.

You want to learn the systems of the 400, go to FlightSafety and pay for it yourself.

All Hail Icywings!
He saved the aviation world from the media, and it all started right here on FI.com.

You want to learn the systems of the 400, go to FlightSafety and pay for it yourself.

DxRick you better play nice or they are going to send you to time out again :laugh:

No offense but a internet message board is a really bad place to look for facts to educate the ignorant media.

True! I was trying to get a few Q400 guys to explain a few things. I guess that was my mistake.. You should see the crap I am getting on airlinepilotforums.com It is almost laughable at this point. Funny thing is when I was flying the metro always eyed RJ and looked forward to one day maybe flying it. That never happened but such as life..lol

Funny thing is when I was flying the metro always eyed RJ and looked forward to one day maybe flying it. That never happened but such as life..lol

Good Old SJS Syndrome!

All Hail Icywings!

LOL you are the big bad airline pilot are you gonna to pay for it..lol

Latest resources

Back