• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

This is why the last payrates offered by NJA were "insulting."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey G200. Some of us enjoy working here. The pay isn't great but I don't work that much so it's a trade off.

I don't have any skeletons in the closet. I'm just trying to make where I am a better place.

Your condescending attitude is nice though. Thanks.

Hey Mark put in spell check. now that's cool.

I'm not "blaming" my employer. I am pointing out to the company stooges why the latest offer from the company is inadequate.

It SURE sounds like you are blaming your employer AND calling them names. No wonder they are so fond of their pilot group, if you are an example.

Their offer must not be inadequate enough, as there are still a large number of pilots tolerating the situation.

FlyFlyFly said:
It SURE sounds like you are blaming your employer AND calling them names. No wonder they are so fond of their pilot group, if you are an example.
Do you know what "blame" means? It's what GW does on a daily basis, as in "It's not my fault, it's someone else's."

NetJets is my employer. Going up the chain, I suppose you could include my CP, our DO, BB, RTS, and WB. I sincerely doubt any of them are the fools who create new screen names each week to spout B.S. They are the "stooges" to which I was referring. Nice try, thanks for playing, don't let the door smack you in the ass on the way out.

Their offer must not be inadequate enough, as there are still a large number of pilots tolerating the situation.
You might want to re-read that again, slowly, and see if even you understand it.

To get back on topic, $70,000 per year is required in most of California, and many other states, just to pay the most basic bills. Under the latest proposal, a pilot here would not hit that until their 4th year. Inadequate.

Ultra Grump said:
Do you know what "blame" means? It's what GW does on a daily basis, as in "It's not my fault, it's someone else's."

NetJets is my employer. Going up the chain, I suppose you could include my CP, our DO, BB, RTS, and WB. I sincerely doubt any of them are the fools who create new screen names each week to spout B.S. They are the "stooges" to which I was referring. Nice try, thanks for playing, don't let the door smack you in the ass on the way out.

You might want to re-read that again, slowly, and see if even you understand it.

To get back on topic, $70,000 per year is required in most of California, and many other states, just to pay the most basic bills. Under the latest proposal, a pilot here would not hit that until their 4th year. Inadequate.

I think that number is low for the LA and SFO areas. I can't imagine how people can actually own decent homes in either area. Living on a NJA salary for the first few years of employment in those areas would be very difficult indeed. I guess you would need to either leave altogether or commute as much as feasible (or allowable). Thankfully NJA offers other gateways - but that might be difficult to consider if you are a native Californian...

squonk said:
OK, you may have a point there. How about we make a stand to get a raise and if it doesn't work out, then go out and get a raise?

squonk - no one has a problem with the pilots negotiating for more money. They do have a problem with the way many of the pilots are going about it....stating STFD, slowing down, writing up things that they normally would not, etc....

Keep it professional - like anyone else asking for a raise - and most people will respect that.

squonk said:
Some have been furloughed one too many times. Some just want to put down roots and not be an aviation nomad.

If this is accurate, then these individuals should be the first ones calling for reasonable offers from both sides and putting a muzzle on the radicals yelling STFD. You would think these people would be sharing their furlough stories and bringing some much needed common sense into the negotiations.

If people truly want to put down roots then they should be aiming for a livable wage that is sustainable in the long run....not demanding a 100% raise and $200,000 bonus.

On Your Six said:
Dude, you need to chill out. I am tired of your ranting - what do you have in this fight? For years I have been reading your posts - 98% are condescending and your holier-than-thou attitude is getting tiresome. You add very little value - you just shoot others down. Boy, you're so cool!

At the end of the day, this is a forum people use to educate themselves, communicate with others and to vent their frustrations. Viewing this forum is voluntary - don't feel compelled to participate. Most people agree that the NJA guys are getting the royal $haft - so, let them vent. If you don't like the commentary, go back to the corporate board and show us all how important you think you are....

Six - what do you have in this fight? Last I checked, you didnt work at NetJets either.

Its a public board....if you dont like the negative feedback then dont read it.

If the NetJets people want to come on here and 'vent' as you describe it, then they should know and expect that they will get feedback - both positive and negative.

And I wouldnt characterize the NJA guys as 'getting the royal shaft'. Read Grump's own words....his only complaint is pay...everything else is good from his viewpoint.

Ultra Grump said:
I have never said "STFD."

I have never said I should be paid 3x my current pay.

You haven't said you should be paid 3x your current pay, but one of your 'negotiators' Tom Gasta did in his 3 page diatribe that was written for the benefit of all NetJets employees.

You've already said you support the union's position on negotiations, and describe them as 'solid proposals'....so what's the difference whether you said it or not?

Your union speaks for you? isnt that how it goes?

Ultra Grump said:

Yes, let's get back on topic....

So $70,000 is required just to pay the most basic bills?

Hmmm....if that's the case, then there seems to be some incongruities in your previous statements that need to be resolved...

You currently make $37,560 per year, yet you are able to afford 'basic bills' like USC Trojan Season tickets, health club dues, and martial arts dues....

If these are the 'basic bills' then what do you consider to be the frills?

Let me know how you are able to swing the Trojan season tickets....I'm still trying to figure out how to afford Buckeye season tickets....and the cost of living here in CMH is much lower than LA.

FamilyGuy said:
You haven't said you should be paid 3x your current pay, but one of your 'negotiators' Tom Gasta did in his 3 page diatribe that was written for the benefit of all NetJets employees.
Really? Nice try - here's the language to which you're referring:
Tom Gasta said:
How can the Company afford “three times current payroll”.
Answer: First, the payroll is only 2 times as much...

FamilyGuy said:
You've already said you support the union's position on negotiations, and describe them as 'solid proposals'....so what's the difference whether you said it or not?
Your union speaks for you? isnt that how it goes?
Yep.

FamilyGuy said:
Yes, let's get back on topic....

So $70,000 is required just to pay the most basic bills?

Hmmm....if that's the case, then there seems to be some incongruities in your previous statements that need to be resolved...

You currently make $37,560 per year, yet you are able to afford 'basic bills' like USC Trojan Season tickets, health club dues, and martial arts dues....

If these are the 'basic bills' then what do you consider to be the frills?

Let me know how you are able to swing the Trojan season tickets....I'm still trying to figure out how to afford Buckeye season tickets....and the cost of living here in CMH is much lower than LA.
I actually never said what I make here. I compared my former salary as a regional FO to a first-year captain at NetJets. Never said I was one. But I'll play along...

I never said I am paying the "basic bills." My wife works as well - 2 incomes allows us to live where we do. I could have Lakers, Dodgers, and Angels season tickets right now as well, if I wanted to. (Maybe if your boyfriend had a job, you could afford those Buckeye tickets...) But if we decide to start a family and have my wife stay at home, we could no longer afford to live here. We could not afford the "basic bills."

Under the current CBA, I would not be able to afford it as a 1st-, 2nd-, 3rd-, 4th-, 5th-, 6th-, or 7th-year captain. Under the latest proposal, I would not be able to afford it as a 1st-, 2nd-, or 3rd-year captain, and just barely as a 4th-year.

Is that congruous enough for you?

Latest resources

Back