• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

This is why the last payrates offered by NJA were "insulting."

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is really not the kind of posting we want to see. As a dues paying member of IBT 1108, I would really like to see specific numbers stay behind closed doors until my elected leadership asks me to examine their endorsed Tentative Agreement.

Trial by media, slander by media or negotiating by media really isn't the direction I like to see my career going in. I find it unfortunate that both sides are not seeing the enormous damage this is doing to our product.

Guys, get back in the room. Don't drink or eat anything before you go in and stay in their until it's done with.

Crandall did this at American. He had to get a B scale going and he had to get Sabre going to deal with deregulation and every start-up that was on his turf.

We are on a precipice. We can go forward..and all get rich together all we can become the next Pan Am or USAir!

Gex Driver-
Augh expect a post from family guy about how we're asking for the world. It's no big deal. I'm not looking to move anytime soon. Got too much on my plate right now.

Gulfstream 200, Is it rape if they use a condom? Let's get the gay out and get a pay raise.

Guys, get back in the room. Don't drink or eat anything before you go in and stay in their until it's done with.

Which guys are you refering too? The union can sit in the room all day long but if the company isn't willing to move on it's pay how do you negotiate? The company refused to budge on their pay. The union was negotiating with themselves. Not a good idea.

Diesel said:
Which guys are you refering too? The union can sit in the room all day long but if the company isn't willing to move on it's pay how do you negotiate? The company refused to budge on their pay. The union was negotiating with themselves. Not a good idea.

It looks to many that the Company came to the table and had met their threshold with an increase in base pay that was from 23% to 30% depending on where you fell in the list. As many pilots are either on bypass pay or have had seniority increases over the years it may not be a straight 23% increase, because their automatic increases or bypass pay may have eaten into that 23% - 30% increase.

The Union has a self declaired threshold that is far above the Company threshold. As the Union has created a "threshold" that the Company does not appear to be able to meet for the Union to lower it's "threshold" to recieve the 23% increase sounds logical. How can the Company negotiate without negotiating against itself and not exceed it's "threshold?"

Don't even bother

Duke, Don't bother trying to explain it to them. Their concept is pay the pilots what they want or have no company. Next time they will be asking for astronaunt wages. The Union based it's concepts on nothing more than their wants regardless of the effect on the company. The Union will never understand the concept of business, just the concept of their version of their self worth.

Last edited:
What is stopping the company

from taking all the work and planes to NJI and avoiding the Union all together?

CMHTroll said:
Duke, Don't bother trying to explain it to them. Their concept is pay the pilots what they want or have no company. Next time they will be asking for astronaunt wages. The Union basis it's concepts on nothing more than their wants regardless of the effect on the company. The Union will never understand the concept of business, just the concept of their version of their self worth.

I find this spin hilarious. Do you know how much lower a Netjets pilot is paid vs. his counterpart in the Part 91 world (same aircraft type)? Do you? I'd like you to answer the following questions (yes or no):

1. Do you think paying a high-time Citation X Captain $55-60K per year is reasonable?

2. Do you think Sovereign or Falcon 2000 FOs requesting more than $35K per year in salary is unreasonable?

3. Do you think continuing to offer these wage levels will help recruitment of the experienced pilots NJA likes to brag about to potential owners?

Your suggestion that NJA pilots want you to pay them "anything they want" is ludicrous and another great example of spin. I have heard others on this board that 90% of the average would be appreciated. I like your use of "basis" instead of "bases." You can't fool all of us...

CMHTroll said:
Duke, Don't bother trying to explain it to them. Their concept is pay the pilots what they want or have no company. Next time they will be asking for astronaunt wages. The Union basis it's concepts on nothing more than their wants regardless of the effect on the company. The Union will never understand the concept of business, just the concept of their version of their self worth.

Hey Troll, I found this from another posting (taken from an AIN article):

According to the pilots’ union, International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) Local 1108, NetJets put forth a proposal that “offered less than a $300 per month increase for a five-year captain.” Figures released by the union show the divide that exists between labor and management; the union seeks an annual salary of $114,156 for a fifth-year captain and $74,202 for a fifth-year first officer, equating to the 90th percentile of the NBAA Compensation and Benchmark Survey. The company’s latest proposal is $71,752 and $44,200, respectively, putting the pay in the 10th percentile of the NBAA salary survey.

Perhaps you can tell me how you expect to recruit high-time and experienced pilots with those figures? Any idea why NJA is starting to lose more and more pilots? Hmmmmm. What a joke!!!!!! I don't care if this is still a negotiation. How could anyone be "proud" to work for such a cheap organization?

I hope that anyone considering joining this company thinks long and hard about how they expect to be treated in the future... Certainly the pilot group will get zero respect and not be viewed as valued team members. I bet the average Manager at Dairy Queen (one of Warren's many other portfolio companies) earns more annually - and they get free ice cream too...

Diesel said:
We're not asking for 200 percent of NBAA just 90 percentile of NBAA.

How will the company and union come to an agreement about paying 90th percentile if all the fleets are based on the same pay rates? How do you break out the individual airplanes without hurting the feelings of the guys flying the 400 that have been here for a long time?

In other words, if the 90th percentile pay on the Falcon is $128K (like GEX mentioned, I don't know that it is), then do you pay the 400XP pilots the same if it's just one pay scale?

Latest resources

Back