Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not get rid of all of ALPA National, get some fresh blood in there.

Elections were in 2006. Unhappy already?

ALPA is a business... perhpas you can get a 100% Satisfaction gauranteed on democracy...

You are right. We are already being whipsawed when CAL said in their letter that "absent in our entering into a CPA with the savings of the magnitude with Skywest, we currently expect to deliver to ExpressJet on June 28, 2008, a notice to withdraw 51 of the existing 205 Covered Aircraft from the current CPA, beginning in December 2009." You can thank SKW for being a party in us already being whipsawed before any transaction is even complete. But its way more pervasive to be whipsawed by airlines owned by the SAME company!

You were already whipsawed when your flying was given to CHQ.....ALPA has helped contribute to the whipsaw and now they want us to cough up more dues....

Jump on the Skywest wagon...it's not that bad......

Don't become the next ACA...

You're welcome-- I don't know what for really, you're just whining [typical of these boards really, and not original alas]. Instead of attempting to bash other pilots and whining ad infinitum, why don't you--or your union-speaks-for-you--guys go complain to Jerry directly, as he's got an open door policy. he even answers emails: tell him about how shallow he is, and that we'll get what's coming to us. I'm sure his 30 years in the business is trumped by your stupidity founded on fear and a general lack of intellect. If this site would have been around in 1997, I'm sure we would have gotten the "you'll get yours in the end" speech then too, but funny how the board content never predicts reality.

You're welcome-- I don't know what for really, you're just whining [typical of these boards really, and not original alas]. Instead of attempting to bash other pilots and whining ad infinitum, why don't you--or your union-speaks-for-you--guys go complain to Jerry directly, as he's got an open door policy. he even answers emails: tell him about how shallow he is, and that we'll get what's coming to us. I'm sure his 30 years in the business is trumped by your stupidity founded on fear and a general lack of intellect. If this site would have been around in 1997, I'm sure we would have gotten the "you'll get yours in the end" speech then too, but funny how the board content never predicts reality.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::
SKYWEST Sucks!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You were already whipsawed when your flying was given to CHQ.....ALPA has helped contribute to the whipsaw and now they want us to cough up more dues....

Jump on the Skywest wagon...it's not that bad......

Don't become the next ACA...

You are right. CAL is whipswaing XJT with CHQ and they along with SKW is going to make it worse with the deal on the table. The current SKW wagon may not be that bad right now but it would not good for any of those pilot groups if it goes through as the deal stands now.

"This is how the industry works" doesn't put food on any tables. I make my living, and won't stand around idly by as I watch that living be given to someone else to fly the same aircraft on the same routes. Anyone who does that flying would be stepping on the backs of those on the street just to get ahead, and no, there's very little difference between that and a scab.quote]

You're right it doesn't. But yet you still decided to make this your career. And looking at some of your posts, you entered this field after the unfortunate events of 9/11. Therefore, you had every opportunity to choose a different career having the knowledge that this industry was NEVER going to be the same. Most of us had to live through that nightmare and many of us came out the other side on the street. Yes, I hated it but understood that it is a business, just like every other. If it starts bleeding red ink, changes need to be made.

You were a part of a very priviledged group of young and aspiring pilots who were in the right place at the right time. You do know that it all has to do with timing right? With the 800 hours you had when you got hired with XJT, no regional would have even looked at you 4 years ago. So would you have been spouting off about unfair hiring practices back then? With your attitude probably!

The price of oil placed together with bad management decisions has led us all down this path. I do stand with every other pilot who might be losing their job, but not you. You are just another one of those young punks who thinks he's entitled to this career and doesn't have to actually live through the ups and downs of this industry. As I said before, even though you might think you're entitled, YOU'RE NOT!

And the reason this became personal is because your comment about SKYW pilots being scabs. I would never cross a picket line (true definition of the word scab) to advance my career. Unfortunately you lumped all of us together instead keeping your big trap shut.

And the reason this became personal is because your comment about SKYW pilots being scabs. I would never cross a picket line (true definition of the word scab) to advance my career. Unfortunately you lumped all of us together instead keeping your big trap shut.

Here's a link to the post where I made my initial "scab" reference: http://forums.flightinfo.com/showpost.php?p=1585565&postcount=180

Where did I lump all SKW pilots together and call them scabs? I said, and I quote, "anyone who knowingly flies XJT aircraft with XJT pilots on the street is nothing better than a scab" (emphasis mine).

Pay attention before you post a reactionary and personal attack on my character. I do not believe, as much as you'd like to make me believe, that all SKW pilots are scabs. I do, however, believe that anyone who would throw his fellow pilot under the bus by exploiting a bad situation to his advantage has the attitude and character of a scab. Could I trust someone who put me out of work for a quick upgrade not to do something like cross a picket line? No I couldn't; while the former doesn't make someone a scab by definition, it still makes them a dishonorable person.

I will not address the rest of your post because of the personal attacks and unwarranted assumptions about the character of someone you've never met.

I just realized that I made the mistake of responding to your post before this where you made the same personal attacks. Very professional. Keep it up.

...and didn't you get hired at your regional after I did? This just gets better. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back