• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevets,

for someone who posted incessantly about SkyWest during the union drive, do you really believe the doom and gloom that you suggest will befall you guys if JA buys you? all the same conjecture was spewed during the purchase of ASA, yet none of it has come to fruition. hell, even USCTrojan praises Brad Holt now. I think you should look at how that all went as a model for how things would probably go should you be bought by Inc. while all scenarios present at least some degree of suckiness, it seems that being bought by Inc. might be the least objectionable.

also, I think I speak for most when I say that SkyWest pilots don't feel like we benefited any when we bought ASA (no rash of upgrades, no influx of AC, no noticeable change to bottom line numbers that resulted in more $ via bonuses, etc.). we didn't lose anything, either. so in the end, at least for me, I hope Inc. doesn't buy you guys, but I guess it won't change my life at all, just like the ASA purchase didn't. as I know you appreciate, it will change yours.

best of luck to you guys, I have a number of buddies there.

You still didn't address his question. How will NOT selling to SKYW be any better? Look at Mesa. That's what holding out till the bitter end without changing your ways accomplishes. Last I checked XJT is already offering COLAs to 300 of the peeps. You aren't too far from being there already.

When did you last check? 2-3 months ago? :D

That 300 number was just a rumor. According to GS, about 140 COLAs were approved, while quite a few were denied.

All your riddle rats belong to us!

Sorry XJT.

Look at it this way SKYW, at least you'll be able to fly with Pocono Pilot:eek:

Unreal said:
Think you could find 51 ERJs overnight?

Where will Freedom put theirs once Delta says adios?

also, I think I speak for most when I say that SkyWest pilots don't feel like we benefited any when we bought ASA (no rash of upgrades, no influx of AC, no noticeable change to bottom line numbers that resulted in more $ via bonuses, etc.). we didn't lose anything, either. so in the end, at least for me, I hope Inc. doesn't buy you guys, but I guess it won't change my life at all, just like the ASA purchase didn't. as I know you appreciate, it will change yours.

Are you kidding me? You guys got 26 of our aircraft that we had orders or options for. That's a lot of upgrades!

A SkyWest pilot wanting ONELIST with my ASA and (hopefully soon) Xjet brothers. 7700 strong baby... .

your signature is dead on. Just think if everyone thought like that, You could change the regional industry overnight.

your signature is dead on. Just think if everyone thought like that, You could change the regional industry overnight.

If you wanted one list across the board then you would furlough some of your own people. You don't need all of our 274 planes, and whoever your most junior people are combined with our most junior people would both be doomed

Are you kidding me? You guys got 26 of our aircraft that we had orders or options for. That's a lot of upgrades!

....yet at the time ALPA leadership said those planes were never coming to ASA....Hmmm....Was ALPA honest about those airplanes?

This deal is setting up a whipsaw situation with the ability to eventually transfer all the XJT aircraft to join the other 30 at SKW if XJT decides not to become "cost competitive" after one year. How is that koolaid "job protection?"

All SKW/ASA/XJT pilots should be concerned about this.

I've been concerned about whipsaw and single lists since the ASA/CMR PID filing in 2000....It is ALPA that doesn't seem to concerned.....

The whipsaw is being used on you currently....We are all being whipsawed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back