Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
....yet at the time ALPA leadership said those planes were never coming to ASA....Hmmm....Was ALPA honest about those airplanes?

I can't answer for them. I'm not ALPA leadership. This is just my own personal opinion.

However, I think one of the reasons SkyWest bought ASA was for our order book. Whether or not those planes didn't come to ASA because we were in contract negotiations, our performance back then was terrible, or that the sky was blue doesn't really matter. The fact is, they went to SkyWest and for a SkyWest pilot to say that they didn't benefit from the purchase is pretty offensive to me.

An interesting tidbit, at the time of the ASA purchase SkyWest could not fly an aircraft with more than 50 seats for Delta due to the Delta PWA.

Why not get rid of all of ALPA National, get some fresh blood in there.

Your post has been rejected due to lack of anti-SkyWest rhetoric. Your attention to this matter is appreciated.

W

The fact is, they went to SkyWest and for a SkyWest pilot to say that they didn't benefit from the purchase is pretty offensive to me.

sorry to 'offend' your delicate sensibilities. maybe some jr. dudes upgraded, who knows.

I guess we agree that neither of us wanted the company I work for to have bought the company you work for? agreed. any 'benefit' derived from the purchase of any company by another would seemingly go the purchasing company, no?

blah, blah, blah, all this again. never mind.

Or, you can stay the course. Keep losing millions. The branded flying eventually goes away due to lack of funds. 700 pilots get shown the door anyways. CAL then starts taking your aircraft away one by one. JA already has his E145 certification and a deal with CAL. Looks like he'll win either way. It's just a waiting game now. Toodles.

Oh, and I like to have my Kool-Aid WHILE I watch the virgin get sacrificed. Thanks for asking.

If SKW is so certain that XJT will go out of business, then why don't they just wait to buy up the pieces they want instead? There is reason why SKW wants this deal now.

You still didn't address his question. How will NOT selling to SKYW be any better? Look at Mesa. That's what holding out till the bitter end without changing your ways accomplishes. Last I checked XJT is already offering COLAs to 300 of the peeps. You aren't too far from being there already.

Well, we have to see the final offer first. It may not be any better but there may be a majority that feel its better to not continue the race to the bottom that would happen when we get whipsawed. If we do vote down the offer, it may be like falling on our own swords and many think that is better for the industry as a whole. I personally don't think that its better, as the offer stands now, than to go independent because I don't think XJT will be bankrupt like SKW seems to think.

Nevets,

for someone who posted incessantly about SkyWest during the union drive, do you really believe the doom and gloom that you suggest will befall you guys if JA buys you? all the same conjecture was spewed during the purchase of ASA, yet none of it has come to fruition. hell, even USCTrojan praises Brad Holt now. I think you should look at how that all went as a model for how things would probably go should you be bought by Inc. while all scenarios present at least some degree of suckiness, it seems that being bought by Inc. might be the least objectionable.

also, I think I speak for most when I say that SkyWest pilots don't feel like we benefited any when we bought ASA (no rash of upgrades, no influx of AC, no noticeable change to bottom line numbers that resulted in more $ via bonuses, etc.). we didn't lose anything, either. so in the end, at least for me, I hope Inc. doesn't buy you guys, but I guess it won't change my life at all, just like the ASA purchase didn't. as I know you appreciate, it will change yours.

best of luck to you guys, I have a number of buddies there.

Well, when SKW is out getting authorization to fly ERJs and at the same time negotiate a separate second CPA using 30 or so of XJTs aircraft to be flown by SKW pilots to feed CAL and at the same time put terms in the first CPA that CAL can put XJT's 205 aircraft up for bid one year later while at the same time offering XJT furloughed pilots preferential interviews coupled with the fact that ASA has language in their contract that prevents massive aircraft transfers, then there is little comparison between this deal and that of ASA.

I'm positive that BH and SKW as a whole runs a great ship operationally but that is different from saying that they wont whipsaw.

As the deal stands right now, it would benefit SKW pilots. But you may be right, it may be the least objectionable. I'll remain open minded and thanks for the well wishes.

I've been concerned about whipsaw and single lists since the ASA/CMR PID filing in 2000....It is ALPA that doesn't seem to concerned.....

The whipsaw is being used on you currently....We are all being whipsawed.....

You are right. We are already being whipsawed when CAL said in their letter that "absent in our entering into a CPA with the savings of the magnitude with Skywest, we currently expect to deliver to ExpressJet on June 28, 2008, a notice to withdraw 51 of the existing 205 Covered Aircraft from the current CPA, beginning in December 2009." You can thank SKW for being a party in us already being whipsawed before any transaction is even complete. But its way more pervasive to be whipsawed by airlines owned by the SAME company!

CAL will not vote to give anybody 70 seat scope flying

XJT will not vote to give up our scope in a buyout.

This will kill the deal. Keep dreaming, Skywesties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back