Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
lets remember, its the SKYW pilots that are trying to get the contracts to shut down XJT. and not SKWY Inc.
the pilots sit around all night looking to screw over all the other carriers pilots and ruin lives.
Next i hear, its REPUBLIC, SHUTTLE, AIR CANADA, QUANTAS...damn SKYW pilots.....what are they thinking??.
most of you people are loosers
just an observation

Where did I lump all SKW pilots together and call them scabs? I said, and I quote, "anyone who knowingly flies XJT aircraft with XJT pilots on the street is nothing better than a scab" (emphasis mine).

So, Chatauqua comes in takes a bunch of "your" CAL flying, but it's ok because your management chose to lose money and fly your aircraft for a loss. Now if CAL gives flying to SKYW then it will be up to your management once again to decide if SkyWest pilots are scabs. If they decide to lose more money and keep your aircraft flying for branded then SkyWest pilots are not scabs, but if they give the aircraft back to CAL then they are scabs. Just waiting for your answer to clear that up for me. I just need you to let me know if I am a scab or not. I don't know if I can go on if I am.

PS. to the rest of XJT pilots: I wish you the best, and hope this works out well for you. I know that times are tough and I would hate to be in your shoes. I know that most of your group is great and have done A LOT for wages and benefits in the industry. I just hate it when pilots take the blame for managements decisions.

So, Chatauqua comes in takes a bunch of "your" CAL flying, but it's ok because your management chose to lose money and fly your aircraft for a loss. Now if CAL gives flying to SKYW then it will be up to your management once again to decide if SkyWest pilots are scabs. If they decide to lose more money and keep your aircraft flying for branded then SkyWest pilots are not scabs, but if they give the aircraft back to CAL then they are scabs. Just waiting for your answer to clear that up for me. I just need you to let me know if I am a scab or not. I don't know if I can go on if I am.

PS. to the rest of XJT pilots: I wish you the best, and hope this works out well for you. I know that times are tough and I would hate to be in your shoes. I know that most of your group is great and have done A LOT for wages and benefits in the industry. I just hate it when pilots take the blame for managements decisions.

SKW management is not helping the "wages and benefits in the industry" either with their current proposal on the table.;)

most of you people are loosers
just an observation

Actually, the spelling is LOSERS, not loosers. Pot, meet kettle... Also, if you look in the dictionary, under "loosers", you would find a picture of me, "loosing" your mom. I digress...:beer:

box

...and didn't you get hired at your regional after I did? This just gets better. :laugh:

Why yes I did. But tell me how that is relevant to this discussion.

There were only a handful of airlines I even contemplated when I went on my job search. Oh yeah, I probably could've sent a resume to United, Delta, or NWA. (I exceeded there mins. BTW) But I've been in this business in one form or another for the last 20 years and decided against the legacys for stability reasons. Even though I understand no one in this business is truly stable, I picked the one that had the best business model to succeed. My personal choices were SWA (my turbine PIC time wasn't quite at 1500) and SKYW.

And my decision wasn't based on quick upgrade. There are other things that are more important. You'll understand that as you age a little.

I might start listening to things you have to say as soon as you gain a little more experience in this field rookie!

SKW management is not helping the "wages and benefits in the industry" either with their current proposal on the table.;)
luis,
While I agree with 99.9% of your posts, I will disagree on this one. SKYW managements fiduciary responsibility is to the shareholders, labor costs are part of doing business, lower is better for the company. Pilots, as well as all labor is on the other side of the table. This issue is ripe for ALPA to redetermine their stance on the transferring of flying from carrier to carrier in order to lower wages. This won't happen, and the practice will continue until long after you and I hit age 65.
Carry on
PBR

luis,
While I agree with 99.9% of your posts, I will disagree on this one. SKYW managements fiduciary responsibility is to the shareholders, labor costs are part of doing business, lower is better for the company. Pilots, as well as all labor is on the other side of the table. This issue is ripe for ALPA to redetermine their stance on the transferring of flying from carrier to carrier in order to lower wages. This won't happen, and the practice will continue until long after you and I hit age 65.
Carry on
PBR

It was just flame bait. That is why I ended it with a wink. But it did its job by steering the discussion where I wanted it to go.;)

While I agree with you on fiduciary responsibility of management (someone has to do it), it doesn't mean I have to agree with the tactics of managements like Mesa's (Freedom), PNCL's (Colgan), TSA's (GoJets) or even what SKW's (ASA but mainly XJT) is trying to pull off here.

ALPA is in the midst of changing this. Its not a new concept. The Canadian regionals already have something in place. Mesaba and Pinacle had something similar in the past when they had a transfer of aircraft and there is currently a biletaral agreement that has been agree to in principle between MECs and managements. As a matter of fact, the XJT MEC is in agreement that if we were to ever get aircraft from another regional, we would do the right thing by bringing their pilots with us with seniority and longevity. I'm more optimistic we will see something before 35 years from now. No thanks to what SKW management is trying to do though.

Last edited:
Luis,
Thanks for the clarification, I have never been accused of being subtle. I guess thats how I missed the winky. Until ALPA finds a way to prevent the xfer for labor costs we are all skrewed(SKYW included).
PBR

Luis,
Thanks for the clarification, I have never been accused of being subtle. I guess thats how I missed the winky. Until ALPA finds a way to prevent the xfer for labor costs we are all skrewed(SKYW included).
PBR

I agree. We had a meeting of the minds in STL a couple of months ago to start the process going on this. Like I said, there is already an agreement on principle between two MECs and their respective managements to do this. We are hoping this gets the ball rolling. And like I said, the XJT MEC will do the right thing by trying to bring pilots with their aircraft with their seniority and longevity if that were to ever occur. It has to start somewhere and the XJT MEC is trying to be on the forefront of that especially with the current situation.

Just wondering why it was ok for expressjet to start flying in SLC, and in LAX....then they cry when skywest is interested in there flying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back