Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for trip touching with vacation, we don't have it simply because of PBS. The program just treats your vacation as days that cannot be assigned trips and are worth a certain amount of pay. Granted trip touching is nice, but once you learn PBS and can have 3 weeks off without using any vacation while still maintaining regular credit, you realize it's not that bad.

Sorry to disappoint, but no bubble burst...completely aware, compadre. I know my history. Just kinda tough to operate a 121 Passenger Operation without us...or without any other cog in the machine, so to speak.

Wally we can do your job but you cant do ours. As a private pilot were taught how to do our own flight planning. The airline could operate in a very limited fashion without dispatchers. You guys help increase effiency and I appreciate that.

...As a private pilot were taught how to do our own flight planning...

Unfortunately 90% of the 121 pilots out there can't do there own flight planning. Not in an operational sense, but in a competence sense.

Wally we can do your job but you cant do ours...

And for the love of everything sacred, STOP trying to make the job of pilot par with doctor. Pretty much anyone can do it. Get over it!

Direct destination. What else do you need to plan?

Direct destination. What else do you need to plan?
The time to toggle over to F/I and annoy pilots instead of following 50-60 flights a shift.
PBR

If they really need you they will call. That should free up some time.

As for trip touching with vacation, we don't have it simply because of PBS. The program just treats your vacation as days that cannot be assigned trips and are worth a certain amount of pay. Granted trip touching is nice, but once you learn PBS and can have 3 weeks off without using any vacation while still maintaining regular credit, you realize it's not that bad.

Um. ExpressJet's vacation rules are WAY better than ours(at SkyWest) with or without PBS. I worked there for a very short time, but it was enough to read the contract(even in the old one...the rules were better). Unless you are really senior(if you work at SkyWest)...which you probably are...PBS DOES NOT enable one to take alot of time off for a very little hit on your banks. Not to mention, when the pairings credit as little as they do right now...it's going to be hard to maintain any semblance of good pay while taking those three weeks off. ExpressJet has the touch-drop rule WITH PAY. Hard to beat that. Frankly, it's hard to beat hard lines.(PBS sucks for 75% of the seniority list...which is fine...seniority rules...but hard lines were better for more people...at least at SkyWest).

In short, you can make a decent W2 wage at SkyWest, but you've got to work for it...I may credit 1200 hours a year...but I'm flying almost 1000k(997 last year). With the pairing credits where they are now...I'll be lucky to make as much as I did last year...even with the annual raise.

While I feel that our compensation isn't bad...the pairing credit hit, the parking brake rule change, being overstaffed(reserve is where the money's at when we are short) and other small things, are adding up to me making about 10k less this year.

I didn't realize you guys have one now.
Hmmm.

Semantics(it's an easier thing to say "contract" as opposed to "policy manual psuedo-contract amalgamation"), but you are, of course, right.

We do not have a contract. Which is one reason why I voted for ALPA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back