Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the stock purchase plan and the stock grants alone are far and away the best in the regional industry.

That's exactly how I put the down on my home in 1998...$60K PROFIT in two years, not bad eh??

The day's of Regional flying are coming to an end and the regionals need to consolidate if they want to remain in business. Majors will come to agreements with their pilot to fly 100+ seat jets for lower wages and the Regionals will shrink. SkyW is staying ahead of the trend and making their place in the industry.

Baja.

They would get control of the CAL flying and will use the new XJT subsidiary (gee thanks) until CAL lets their scope go, whereupon XJT pilots will be screwed anyway when SKW put Skywest Airlines 70-90 seaters on the CAL flying. They didn't even mention our charter cash cow which is set to double this year.

Uh...yeah....

Dream on. CAL scope is as strong as ever. From #1 to #5079 are never going to give up scope. This pilot group is pissed that there are 200+ RJs out there flying in COEX colors.

CAL may eventually get 70-90 seat RJs, but they'll say CONTINENTAL AIRLINES on the side.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the stock purchase plan and the stock grants alone are far and away the best in the regional industry.

The stock grant is worthless to me. If I'm here 3 years after it vests, I get to keep it and then I'll be happy... if not then I get nothing. SkyWest knows this, and I bet the actual amount of employees that actually stick around long enough to receive the benefit is minimal.

As for the stock purchase plan, that has a little more benefit to me. However, while this type of compensation is unique to the regional industry, it is almost commonplace to a company in about any other industry.

Not to mention any type of compensation involving stock is much less expensive for the company then actually doling out money.

The problem with employees in this industry is that they compare their benefits to only peer airlines. I say that we should compare our benefits to employers throughout the US. Waiting 2-3 years to get a 50% match on your 401k earnings is poor considering that most companies start you out at that on day one. Waiting 6-7 years to vest in your 401k is poor considering most companies are 2-3. Get my picture?

The stock grant is worthless to me. If I'm here 3 years after it vests, I get to keep it and then I'll be happy... if not then I get nothing. SkyWest knows this, and I bet the actual amount of employees that actually stick around long enough to receive the benefit is minimal.

As for the stock purchase plan, that has a little more benefit to me. However, while this type of compensation is unique to the regional industry, it is almost commonplace to a company in about any other industry.

Not to mention any type of compensation involving stock is much less expensive for the company then actually doling out money.

The problem with employees in this industry is that they compare their benefits to only peer airlines. I say that we should compare our benefits to employers throughout the US. Waiting 2-3 years to get a 50% match on your 401k earnings is poor considering that most companies start you out at that on day one. Waiting 6-7 years to vest in your 401k is poor considering most companies are 2-3. Get my picture?

My point was that the pilots have it better than other regional pilots, which you seemed to have agreed on. No one ever said they needed to be treated like a Fortune 500 company.

My point was that the pilots have it better than other regional pilots, which you seemed to have agreed on. No one ever said they needed to be treated like a Fortune 500 company.

I think we should, and that is where we disagree.

So freakin' what? Would the compensation be that much sweeter if it came straight out of the company's bank account? Money is money...and if the company didn't have to blow the savings account to give it to me, all the better...it keeps me employed that much longer.
The problem with employees in this industry is that they compare their benefits to only peer airlines. I say that we should compare our benefits to employers throughout the US. Waiting 2-3 years to get a 50% match on your 401k earnings is poor considering that most companies start you out at that on day one.
I don't disagree with you here...all of our benefits packages could be a little better. My SKW 401(k) match could be a little better...but overall package is still a better setup than what I had in my AirTran ramp days.

We are a Fortune 616 company. http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune500/2008/snapshots/11274.html

Is there something magical that happens with regard to the treatment of employees that happens at 500?

Number 1 is Wal-Mart! 3 of the top 5 are Oil Companies. Fortune 500 has nothing to do with treatment of employees.

Wikipedia....."The Fortune 500 is an annual list compiled and published by Fortune magazine that ranks the top 500 American public corporations as measured by their gross revenue..."

So, I guess my "value" as an employee and the "treatment" I should expect is 615 points lower than the 16 year old collecting carts at the local Wal-Mart????

I would hope that as professionals that most likely have an advanced education, advanced training, and have spent years getting to this career level, as well as the responsibilities that we have, not to mention the cost to our careers and personal lives that we pay, along with the threat of the loss of the career (not just a job) hanging on the whims of the FAA ...... That "....overall the package is still a better setup than what I had in my AirTran ramp days...."

(yes...it's a run-on sentence...)

Last edited:
Captain Cool-Aid here thinks all of this bickering he's reading is getting him real thirtsy for some of that urnge Kool-Aid.

Last edited:
There will be no deal approved by the XJT pilots.

Jerry Atkin and Larry Kellner want XJT pilot blo jobs.

I would rather struggle to the end, furlough on our own accord if needed, cut branded (happening every month), expand charter, and wait for Mesa to die to pick up what scraps we can with our redeployed branded planes and the next batch of airplanes Continental will refuse back to us.

I thought we were going to hear a serious business proposal to maybe give XJT a better future. Well try again. Branded gone (fair enough). LAX Delta gone to Skywest (why? DAL likes the product XJT is supplying there, otherwise they could have had SKW do it in the first place). They would get control of the CAL flying and will use the new XJT subsidiary (gee thanks) until CAL lets their scope go, whereupon XJT pilots will be screwed anyway when SKW put Skywest Airlines 70-90 seaters on the CAL flying. They didn't even mention our charter cash cow which is set to double this year.

What a deal!

Jerry A$$h0le.

That doesn't sound very Mormon like of SKYW.

Uh...yeah....

Dream on. CAL scope is as strong as ever. From #1 to #5079 are never going to give up scope. This pilot group is pissed that there are 200+ RJs out there flying in COEX colors.

CAL may eventually get 70-90 seat RJs, but they'll say CONTINENTAL AIRLINES on the side.

Yeah especially all those guys who flew those planes, and the morons who gave scope up in the first place!

Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back