Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure JA has gotten as far as he is by caving to pilot groups his whole life. There are obviously things going wrong at XJT, and Jerry isn't going to acquire a company to maintain the status quo of continuing to do things wrong. Hard reality, but it took awhile to fix ASA, and now that it has been the future looks brighter than ever. The man has a track record unparallelled in the regional industry. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing, or maybe it's this new flavor of Kool-Aid that 10nCLR has been handing out. Love the turkwise.

Do you now really have to ask why SkyW has no union? Continual growth since 1997 WestAir take over.....It will continue.

Baja.

BTW - What has ALPA really done since 9/11?

And with all that continual growth, do you know why SkyWest pilots continue to make crap wages?

And with all that continual growth, do you know why SkyWest pilots continue to make crap wages?

That's the thing, Skywest is near the top of regional compensation.

Compared to a major, yeah, but compared to other regionals and even some nationals, that arguement doesn't hold water.

A lot of that has to do with other regional compensation being brought DOWN to the level of SkyWest through bankruptcy. SkyWest is arguably the most successful regional right now, yet where is the benefit to the pilot group? Is it really that much to make a stand and say as professional pilots working for the most successful regional, that you should be compensated as such? I think I made more as a first year fractional FO than a five year SkyWest captain. Both of our companies are making money yet your pilots are being left in the dust when it comes to compensation.

Good post, Boiler.
I would personally like to know how SkyWest intends to make good on their lowball CPA. Through economies of scale?? I think not. By replacing XJT pilots with lower paid SkyWest pilots or, god forbid, a B-scale contract? That sounds more like it.

When are you guys gonna get it through your head that skw pilots are not lower paid. There's much more to a paycheck than just an hourly rate. Whatever the rates are in this CPA, they aren't cheaper because of pilot labor.

When are you guys gonna get it through your head that skw pilots are not lower paid. There's much more to a paycheck than just an hourly rate. Whatever the rates are in this CPA, they aren't cheaper because of pilot labor.

Really? Like what your profit sharing bonus.....If your company is making a profit don't you think that they could afford to pay you more that a 1% raise or in the case of the bro....0%

Way to stand strong there guys

So what more is there to your paycheck?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the stock purchase plan and the stock grants alone are far and away the best in the regional industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back