• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently CAL mgt has
different ideas as they have language in a new CPA related to larger aircraft. Good luck with negotiations, it's worked out well for XJT. (That's sarcasm)

CAL mgmt likely told SkyWest the same thing last time they flew FEEDER routes for MAINLINE. I'm sure the same carrot was used on CHQ. Notice how many jets with over 50 seats are flying under the Express/Connection flag.

Zero.

Find some turboprops of large proportions and then CAL might consider the FEEDER lift. Maybe a stretched Brasilia. SkyWesties could even refer to it as 'Big Bro'!

Unlike most carriers, CAL pilots have maintained a strong scope clause. We will continue to do so despite the vultures among us.

Sorry if this is kinda poaching the thread...

So how come I have not heard any complaints/comments from SKYW guys...that Inc....is using the money you made for them to buy other airlines?

So how come I have not heard any complaints/comments from SKYW guys...that Inc....is using the money you made for them to buy other airlines?
Why would you? Growth in your airline is a good thing. If my company bought someone else I'd be upgrading before the ink dried. Also with a consolidation in the markets it allows the regionals to gain a little leverage as DAL/NWA will.

Any SKW pilot licking their chops for IAH, EWR or CLE domiciles and/or the upgrades that would follow an XJT furlough should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.[/quote]

That's the funniest thing I've heard. Have you looked at current SkyWest domiciles?
The notion that SkyW pilots are licking their chops is pure "hillary like" propaganda. With few exceptions, its just not true, but the truth never means much on FI.

Why would you? Growth in your airline is a good thing. If my company bought someone else I'd be upgrading before the ink dried. Also with a consolidation in the markets it allows the regionals to gain a little leverage as DAL/NWA will.

Upgrade is nice and all...but how about "Inc" will be in perfect position to crack the whip of the saw.......

I will add fuel to this fire. I as well as most of the old school SKYW pilots do not care one way or the other if the expressjet deal happens. We are settled into our lives and the thought of moving again is less than appealing. There may be a few junior guys who have mini-chubbies over the possibility of upgrading into a growth domicile, but those are the ones who spend lots of time admiring themselves in the mirror whilst wearing their uniforms on their days off. I haven't been called to SGU for a strategy session for quite a while. I really have only 2 choices, go to work and fly my line or quit, what do you all think I will be doing?
PBR
P.S. This is a vicious business, as is any business that exchanges billions of dollars a year, plan accordingly. Sorry for the run-ons Ole #7 and cokes slur the typing skills.

I will add fuel to this fire. I as well as most of the old school SKYW pilots do not care one way or the other if the expressjet deal happens. We are settled into our lives and the thought of moving again is less than appealing. There may be a few junior guys who have mini-chubbies over the possibility of upgrading into a growth domicile, but those are the ones who spend lots of time admiring themselves in the mirror whilst wearing their uniforms on their days off. I haven't been called to SGU for a strategy session for quite a while. I really have only 2 choices, go to work and fly my line or quit, what do you all think I will be doing?
PBR
P.S. This is a vicious business, as is any business that exchanges billions of dollars a year, plan accordingly. Sorry for the run-ons Ole #7 and cokes slur the typing skills.

I'm not old-school(only 5 years), but I agree. Flame on.

CAL mgmt likely told SkyWest the same thing last time they flew FEEDER routes for MAINLINE. I'm sure the same carrot was used on CHQ. Notice how many jets with over 50 seats are flying under the Express/Connection flag.

Zero.

Find some turboprops of large proportions and then CAL might consider the FEEDER lift. Maybe a stretched Brasilia. SkyWesties could even refer to it as 'Big Bro'!

Unlike most carriers, CAL pilots have maintained a strong scope clause. We will continue to do so despite the vultures among us.

Well said! Gotta love these career killing regional CEO's assuming scope relief is a forgone conclusion. Get Bent Jerry!

You know it may be the best thing for XJT to be bought by Skywest INC. Which... has nothing to do with Skywest pilots. Nor does it have anything to do with ASA pilots since they are owned by INC as well. Matter of fact, most ASA people i've talked to are happy now that Skywest INC took them over. XJT Could actually do well.

Well well well. But it does matter remember? What about the Mesa pilots? They had nothing to do with anything but they continue to receive bashing. I think SkyWest is a even bigger floaty in the POS pool. Ask the pilot group from expressjet how they feel about them............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back