• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote NO!

There are plenty of EMB-145's out there for lease. You just have to look around. I don't think JA is going to wait and see how XJT votes anyway. The lawyers and BOD have already voted.

Yeesh. Do they pass out the kool-aid before or after you sacrifice the virgin to the volcano?

SKW isn't nearly the "knight in shining armor" they'd like to think they are to XJT pilots. Under SKW's proposal 700 XJT pilots would see the street, all while watching SKW pilots sit in our former cockpits.

How many XJT pilots will see the street without the deal? That is the question? Jerry's Koolaid seems to work better than ALPA "job protection".....

How many XJT pilots will see the street without the deal? That is the question? Jerry's Koolaid seems to work better than ALPA "job protection".....

This deal is setting up a whipsaw situation with the ability to eventually transfer all the XJT aircraft to join the other 30 at SKW if XJT decides not to become "cost competitive" after one year. How is that koolaid "job protection?"

All SKW/ASA/XJT pilots should be concerned about this.

A company with loads of cash and bright future would like to buy their company and share that future with them.

What doesn't add up is the future JA is setting up with whipsaw of XJT by being able to transfer all their aircraft to join the other 30 at SKW if XJT pilots decide not to be "cost competitive" after one year.

I'm sure all XJT pilots would be more than happy if SKW was willing to treat its potential new employees a little better than putting the fear of losing more aircraft just a year later.

One more thing: SKW pilots licking their lips over the idea of a quick upgrade on former XJT frames: anyone who knowingly flies XJT aircraft with XJT pilots on the street is nothing better than a scab.

Correct me if I am wrong. Does Xjet own any of the leases on the aircraft they fly? I was under the impression that the aircraft leases are owned by CAL and subleased to Xjet for the duration of their contract.

Yeesh. Do they pass out the kool-aid before or after you sacrifice the virgin to the volcano?

SKW isn't nearly the "knight in shining armor" they'd like to think they are to XJT pilots. Under SKW's proposal 700 XJT pilots would see the street, all while watching SKW pilots sit in our former cockpits. I personally don't see that as a good thing. Would you if you were put in the same situation?

Not to mention the fact that us giving up our scope is bad for everyone. It'll further the whipsaw between regional carriers, to which a combined SKW/XJT/ASA would see no end. JA obviously thinks we're a bunch of spineless doormats who are easily intimidated into giving up one of the things that makes our contract what it is. Just like all of us are standing behind PNCL ALPA with their contract struggles, all pilots who care about the betterment of the industry should stand behind the XJT pilot group in support of a NO vote to any scope change. Period.

One more thing: SKW pilots licking their lips over the idea of a quick upgrade on former XJT frames: anyone who knowingly flies XJT aircraft with XJT pilots on the street is nothing better than a scab.

Or, you can stay the course. Keep losing millions. The branded flying eventually goes away due to lack of funds. 700 pilots get shown the door anyways. CAL then starts taking your aircraft away one by one. JA already has his E145 certification and a deal with CAL. Looks like he'll win either way. It's just a waiting game now. Toodles.

Oh, and I like to have my Kool-Aid WHILE I watch the virgin get sacrificed. Thanks for asking.

Is this a joke? Why don't you wake up and smell reality. While I hate to see any pilot out of work, this is how the industry works.

This kind of angst in a post screams of your perceived "entitlement". If the tables were turned, I'm sure you would be licking your lips!

(Must've been a Riddle Rat - What do they put in the water down there?)

This deal is setting up a whipsaw situation with the ability to eventually transfer all the XJT aircraft to join the other 30 at SKW if XJT decides not to become "cost competitive" after one year. How is that koolaid "job protection?"

All SKW/ASA/XJT pilots should be concerned about this.
You still didn't address his question. How will NOT selling to SKYW be any better? Look at Mesa. That's what holding out till the bitter end without changing your ways accomplishes. Last I checked XJT is already offering COLAs to 300 of the peeps. You aren't too far from being there already.

Is this a joke? Why don't you wake up and smell reality. While I hate to see any pilot out of work, this is how the industry works.

This kind of angst in a post screams of your perceived "entitlement". If the tables were turned, I'm sure you would be licking your lips!

(Must've been a Riddle Rat - What do they put in the water down there?)

Your post is barely worth responding to with all of the assumptions you've thrown around, but:

"This is how the industry works" doesn't put food on any tables. I make my living, and won't stand around idly by as I watch that living be given to someone else to fly the same aircraft on the same routes. Anyone who does that flying would be stepping on the backs of those on the street just to get ahead, and no, there's very little difference between that and a scab.

XPOO said:
Or, you can stay the course. Keep losing millions. The branded flying eventually goes away due to lack of funds. 700 pilots get shown the door anyways. CAL then starts taking your aircraft away one by one. JA already has his E145 certification and a deal with CAL. Looks like he'll win either way. It's just a waiting game now. Toodles.

C'mon, at least give me something challenging.

-If Branded shuts down, far fewer than 700 pilots will get shown the door. Even if Branded shuts down all at once, only ~350 would lose their jobs, and XJT would instantly be a profitable company again. Of course, summer is still on its way and we don't know what that has in store.

-If CAL takes another 51, there's no guarantee that SKW would even see those aircraft. Think you could find 51 ERJs overnight? CAL knows that with another 51 gone they lose the "most favored nation" clause, and all of those restrictions about rates and CPAs with other airlines would be gone. Could we put those aircraft somewhere else? Maybe, maybe not. But considering that the first aircraft wouldn't leave property until December 2009, nobody knows what the airline industry or economy will look like then.

No, things aren't rosy without SKW, but things are hardly rosy with SKW either. I'm simply hoping that the SKW pilot group doesn't stand behind JA's strong-arming tactics with the XJT pilot group. I've heard a lot of "Jerry wouldn't do that!" from the SKW crowd, but look around. Jerry is doing that, and you should be wary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back