Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
After hearing what went on between your beloved Uncle Jerry and our MEC, all I have to say is..
you non union Skywest POS.. I hope you get what you deserve in the end.

Roses are red
Mosquito's itch
XJET pilots act like a little
B____:p

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the stock purchase plan and the stock grants alone are far and away the best in the regional industry.

What discount do you get with your stock purchase plan? The standard discount is 15%. Personally, I feel too much invested in my employer already. I rather take the savings and put it into my 401k.

I like the idea of stock grants though. What is the vesting period? Does the vesting period separate for each grant?

Do you have the rule as a SKW pilot to get 100% DHD pay? Do you get to train on days that you originally had a trip on or do you have to train on days off? Do you get a vacation schedule that gives you any trip dropped that your vacation touches? Those are huge things that net our pilot group lots of extra pay.

Skywest pilots have told me in the past that vacations wouldn't necessarily get approved. So I would throw in the rule about the company making enough slots available for all vacation weeks outstanding for pilots to bid on.

Last edited:
Skywest pilots have told me in the past that vacations wouldn't necessarily get approved. So I would throw in the rule about the company making enough slots available for all vacation weeks outstanding for pilots to bid on.

The two different ways to bid for "master vacation". One way, at the beginning of the year, makes it pretty easy to get approved if you have the seniority...as it's based completely on slots available and not on "company need" or "projected company need". Admittedly, they are stingy with the slots at times, but for the most part this process seems fair. I've had some seniority and gotten what I wanted without any problem

The second way to get on the "master vacation" schedule is to bid for it during the year. This is definitely more of a crapshoot. If we are over-staffed like we are now...there's not problem...but if we get short...look out. They've even cancelled a few F/A and FO vacations in my short time here. It can get pretty hard to get time off.

The two different ways to bid for "master vacation". One way, at the beginning of the year, makes it pretty easy to get approved if you have the seniority...as it's based completely on slots available and not on "company need" or "projected company need". Admittedly, they are stingy with the slots at times, but for the most part this process seems fair. I've had some seniority and gotten what I wanted without any problem

The second way to get on the "master vacation" schedule is to bid for it during the year. This is definitely more of a crapshoot. If we are over-staffed like we are now...there's not problem...but if we get short...look out. They've even cancelled a few F/A and FO vacations in my short time here. It can get pretty hard to get time off.

That sounds more reasonable than what I had been told. At XJT, the company is required to make enough weeks available to pilots so that if every pilot bid all their weeks, they could ALL be awarded (if you forget to bid, you are assigned a an open week). There is no yoy accrual of vacation.

So far the vesting period is 3 years for my grants.

So after one year you get a grant that is vested after year four and then on year two you get a grant that is vested on year five and so on?

So let me get this straight.

SkyWest, Inc. buys ExpressJet, immediately furloughs 700 pilots, then transfers a handful of airplanes to SkyWest Airlines. SkyWest pilots get to continue their rightful 2 year upgrades while ExpressJet at best turns into the next Eagle and at worst turns into the next ACA.

And this is somehow a good thing? Because they were "saved"?

Thats the picture SKW painted to our MEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back