• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly know where to start with this one. Granted

A little more? Do you know that the equivalent annual rate of return on this program is at least 68% even if the stock went sideways or down during the previous 6 months? If it went up, it is much more. I have a hard time investing aggressively to match this. When a company offers this, they are asking, "Do you want a 2% (minimum) raise or not?"

I thought you were talking about how SkyWest is dragging down the airline industry - not the world.

This one has already been addressed. The benefit's worth is not what it costs the company but what the benefit is worth to you.

The peer airline comparison is valid when the accusation is that SkyWest is dragging the industry down. Are you conceding that SkyWest does offer superior benefits within the regional industry but not the wider corporate world? If so, I might agree. Why are you in this poorly compensated industry?

As I recall, SkyWest had a 100% match after one year. In essence, they are asking "Do you want a $5000 ((or $6000 for older folks) a year raise or not?" How about your company?
Again, I recall 100% vesting immediately. Do you have to wait 2-3 years? Bummer!

I hope not.

Your math is a little off...they only vest 100% of a 2% match initially, that might equate to about $500 or $600 dollars for a new F.O.!

I'm curious as to how you could possibly suggest it was 5 or 6 thousand??????

Last edited:
The time to toggle over to F/I and annoy pilots instead of following 50-60 flights a shift.
PBR
There's no "instead" about it. Ahh, the joys of dual-monitor workstations and excellent time management. No different than you doing the USAToday crossword puzzle at cruise altitude.

Besides, there are way better ways to annoy pilots than posting on FI.

Last edited:
Your math is a little off...they only vest 100% of a 2% match initially, that might equate to about $500 or $600 dollars for a new F.O.!

I'm curious as to how you could possibly suggest it was 5 or 6 thousand??????
I certainly agree with the 2% match at 2-5 years and that would be much less for a new FO. For someone with a 6% match and an annual income of $83,350 or more, that would be $5000. Let me reprhase to cover everyone. It is the same as the company saying, "Would you like a 2% (or 4% or 6%) raise up to $5000 (or $6000) per year?" Agreed?

I bet CAL will end up giving up scope just to get rid of PBS. In the end, they always have voted yes to the first offer.....Please prove me wrong.

I'll take that bet.

Unfortunately you're right about the always voting yes.

We will.

So let me get this straight.

SkyWest, Inc. buys ExpressJet, immediately furloughs 700 pilots, then transfers a handful of airplanes to SkyWest Airlines. SkyWest pilots get to continue their rightful 2 year upgrades while ExpressJet at best turns into the next Eagle and at worst turns into the next ACA.

And this is somehow a good thing? Because they were "saved"?

....and ALPA can't save them? Hmmm...now who is it that has the leverage?

As I said before....Jerry and CAL are holding a gun to either side of the XJT MEC....

This guy must be proud of his thread, it has gone on WAY too long now.

Branded shut down.. Delta flying + Airplanes transfered to Skywest Airlines. CPA for 205 a/c with CAL for ten years, however after the first 12 months SkyW can transfer some or all of the CAL a/c to SkyW pilots.

Oh and no XJT pilots get to go over to Skyw

Im not voting for ******************** that has to do with Scope relief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back