Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering why it was ok for expressjet to start flying in SLC, and in LAX....then they cry when skywest is interested in there flying...

You need to reread the entire thread. That is not what XJT pilots are most concerned about. They are fighting for all their jobs. Not just LAX (which probably goes away in 2009 anyway.) Skywest Inc killed LAX and SLC for ASA, not XJT.

Just wondering why it was ok for expressjet to start flying in SLC, and in LAX....then they cry when skywest is interested in there flying...

Get informed before you pop off with your "crying" comments. Its not about flying in SLC and LAX. Get back to us when you figure out what the discussion is all about.

I understood that DAL cannot reduce SKW's flying. Is that not correct? I've read many many SKW posters on here say that countless times.

NO CREWPASS
FOR SKYWEST AIRLINES PILOTS
THEIR MOTIVES ARE UNKNOWN
THEY CANNOT BE TRUSTED

SORRY GUYS WHO WANTED ALPA

Ok you are an idiot... XJT in SLC is a different issue. XJT got a contract with DAL, with their airplanes. ASA was the one that lost the contract with DAL in LAX (may be thanks to Skywest that was just in the process to negotiate the pilots contract) the SLC is part of the LAX contract, and the shuffle of cities with the codeshares is a DAL business.
So as XJT is not flying any airplane that was under the certificate of Skywest, this is different.
But again, you are just an idiot from Skywest that does not see what is wrong in taking a plane from another company (while being owned by the same holding), have other pilots lose their jobs and you enjoy your quick upgrade....
Karma is a nasty thing and it comes around.

CrewPass and CASS should both require character and a propensity for independent thinking, to which Metro752 and CalFlying would not qualify. When you guys have anything relevant to say, feel free to make a plausible post.

So, Chatauqua comes in takes a bunch of "your" CAL flying, but it's ok because your management chose to lose money and fly your aircraft for a loss. Now if CAL gives flying to SKYW then it will be up to your management once again to decide if SkyWest pilots are scabs. If they decide to lose more money and keep your aircraft flying for branded then SkyWest pilots are not scabs, but if they give the aircraft back to CAL then they are scabs. Just waiting for your answer to clear that up for me. I just need you to let me know if I am a scab or not. I don't know if I can go on if I am.

PS. to the rest of XJT pilots: I wish you the best, and hope this works out well for you. I know that times are tough and I would hate to be in your shoes. I know that most of your group is great and have done A LOT for wages and benefits in the industry. I just hate it when pilots take the blame for managements decisions.

I think it only counts as "scab" work when the airline flying the routes is a non-union carrier. If a union carrier came in and took their aircraft and routes and kicked their guys on the streets, it would not be considered "scab" work. All's fair as long as your paying your 2+%.

If your serious and want to flex your muscles...do not let skywest pilots on any of your a/c.
Its time to see how far we can take this.
And SKYW pilots, do not let any alpa pilots on your a/c.
time to put up or shut up.
lets see if some of you guys have the balls.
Starting.........................NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back