• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ta reached at 9e

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So with 140 crj200s gone, another 66 from Skywest/ASA, and some from Comair, how many total does that make? And how many is DAL needing to get rid of?

Another Crowning achievement for ALPO, 2,000+ pilots on the street. What did Colgan Maslab bring to your table, ah, ah, nothing but costs. So now will those who renter the pilot world remember the help to unemployment ALPO gave them, not likely.

Besides when this is voted down the company and union will go to the judge and say, see we tried, these guys just will not work with us and they will get whatever they want.

This is what happens whenyou mix greedy incompetent managers with short sighted entitlement pilots.

Enjoy the future boys, sure you have learned nothing.

End state of Pinnacle will be 81 CRJ900's. All 140 200's will leave between summer 2013 and early 2015. The 40 New 900's begin arriving next fall.

The big question is how do you get a majority of the 2400 pilots to ratify something that will eliminate all but around 1000 jobs?

Carrot. Dal orders forty and promises them to peanucle if they play nice. Then gets another operator to lower its CPA to take them away.

This is just the flip side of the coin. A few years from now the company will do the same act that they did in post 9/11. They will furlough and recreate the regional business. This cycle will continue ad nauseum. Why? Because pilots are not very bright and will always think that it cannot happen to them, even when presented with the recent past history.
Robert Crandall did a video posted on Vimeo, in the first video he explains that "there is no price too high to prevent a pilot strike" and what we are all experiencing is the by product of that realization.
Filthy corporate execs will run us into bankruptcy and unemployment without a thought to insure maximum profits.
Congratulations, we are all living the dream.....

So with 140 crj200s gone, another 66 from Skywest/ASA, and some from Comair, how many total does that make? And how many is DAL needing to get rid of?

And you guys at LXJT should perhaps pause and think about where your hard nosed attitude in our current JCBA negotiations might lead us all.
LXJET pilots need to wise up, and come together to get this contract done before we suffer the same fate as PCL.
Don't expect to achieve too much either this time around.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

And you guys at LXJT should perhaps pause and think about where your hard nosed attitude in our current JCBA negotiations might lead us all.
LXJET pilots need to wise up, and come together to get this contract done before we suffer the same fate as PCL.
Don't expect to achieve too much either this time around.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nice, you didn't even answer the question. So, would you like us on the ERJ side to take concessions just to get a contract? What are you willing to give up? Flightline? Vacation low? Dual qual? Otherwise you may end up like PNCL!

I've got plan B and working on plan C. Perhaps you should do the same instead of using fear tactics on others in order to get what you want.

Nice, you didn't even answer the question. So, would you like us on the ERJ side to take concessions just to get a contract? What are you willing to give up? Flightline? Vacation low? Dual qual? Otherwise you may end up like PNCL!

I've got plan B and working on plan C. Perhaps you should do the same instead of using fear tactics on others in order to get what you want.

You guys at LXJT are simply nutcases. What on earth is wrong with you all? You just don't get it at all. There is no way that you will have to take a concessionary contract, if you apply sensible and realistic gioals, but you can't expect the moon and stars at this time. You seem to want to ruin this airline. YOU were purchased by SKYW and lucky for you that it was. Otherwise you were going down. GET IT? OUT OF BUSINESS EVENTUALLY! This is what you will do to us all if you keep up this nonsense. I SIMPLY CANNOT BELIEVE THAT GROWN ADULTS CAN BE SO DUMB. We even keep telling you that our PBS is just fine, yet you lot want to introduce a globalized one. WTF?????

My preference would be to keep you lot separate, let you all negotiate away to your heart's content, and leave the sensible part of the pilot force, namely the ASA side to move on without you. I think taking on XJT and merging with ASA was a very bad deal, and I know most of my ASA colleagues are fed up with your ignorant rants.

You are so shortsighted and ignorant of the regional industry econiomics right now it is unbelievable.

Keep working on all your great plans, maybe when you get to plan Z we will eventually see the back of you.

You guys at LXJT are simply nutcases. What on earth is wrong with you all? You just don't get it at all. There is no way that you will have to take a concessionary contract, if you apply sensible and realistic gioals, but you can't expect the moon and stars at this time. You seem to want to ruin this airline. YOU were purchased by SKYW and lucky for you that it was. Otherwise you were going down. GET IT? OUT OF BUSINESS EVENTUALLY! This is what you will do to us all if you keep up this nonsense. I SIMPLY CANNOT BELIEVE THAT GROWN ADULTS CAN BE SO DUMB. We even keep telling you that our PBS is just fine, yet you lot want to introduce a globalized one. WTF?????

My preference would be to keep you lot separate, let you all negotiate away to your heart's content, and leave the sensible part of the pilot force, namely the ASA side to move on without you. I think taking on XJT and merging with ASA was a very bad deal, and I know most of my ASA colleagues are fed up with your ignorant rants.

You are so shortsighted and ignorant of the regional industry econiomics right now it is unbelievable.

Keep working on all your great plans, maybe when you get to plan Z we will eventually see the back of you.

If we don't take a concessions in a new contract then that's fine with me. But if the overall contract is worse than the current one, then I will vote no. I'm just one vote and one voice. You have nothing to worry about though. It's status quo for us over here. If we weren't bought by SKW them we were going out of business. If we stay separate from you guys because we won't take a concessionary contract, then the ERJ side goes out of business. So what's the difference? That's why I have plan B and working on C. And one of those is being out of aviation altogether. I rather not do that but I don't want to do what I'm doing for less either. If the economics don't work for me, at least i have options. What's wrong with that?

This may not help, but on the Majors section on UAL hiring, a LCAL MEC member said UAL will start hiring 72 pilots per month, indefinitely. Some may want to eventually end up at DL, some may not care. If you are at the beginning of a hiring wave, your life can be sweet. First year pay may be tough, but QOL over a couple years will increase quickly, and the pay will be there eventually. I know DL says no hiring through 2013, but when it does open, it will be similar.

For any of you 9e guys who are considering leaving, get an app out to UAL now! I think the new contract is a lot better than their previous one, new hire insurance is finally included, and advancement due to retirement is almost a sure thing. Go for it, and good luck!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back