• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ta reached at 9e

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you wonder why they don't want to talk to you anymore? Maybe the thought of spending the next couple of decades sitting next to someone like you made them think that rolling the dice on unemployment was a better choice.
Assuming you are really even a pilot....

Right. Of course I still talk to them, and they would be flying mostly domestic while I still see the World. So, when are you going to get into your Mitsubishi jet? Excited? I bet you are. Has that thing flown yet? Good luck with that.... I bet you already know you'd never be hired by a legacy, any of them. Enjoy that MRJ sometime next decade....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I call bull*&it

First of all, I doubt you know any of them, and doubt even more so you actually said any of this to their face. But go ahead and pm their names to me and I will see if any of this is true. It should be pretty easy since there are only 4 of them and I know 2 of them pretty well.

Second, I guess your crystal ball just works so much better than theirs. Fine I will take your "look into the future example".

The future (when they had to make up their mind) was and still is big RJ's. We were getting 36 of them and Northwest was still parking DC-9s. Most of the guys had kids in school or going to college. So there choice was make $104,000 bucks have 16 days off, live in base, (Not to mention 30 of them are instructors making more than that) have 4 weeks of vacation time/ huge bank of sick time.

or

They could have made $30,000, at the bottom of an airline that resembled TWA in the 90's, not sent their kid to school, or even see them graduate, .......

Why am I even bothering.

Even if they used your magic crystal ball that says they would merge with Delta, I don't remember you predicting 9e and XJ would merge, lose their large rj's, or really anything that was happened so far.

And by the way, they are still making more here than at Delta anyway.

Ok, off the drugs already.... I did say that to their faces. I asked them what the heck were they thinking? They gave some of the same reasons you did, all shortsighted, and now seemingly wrong. Just think, you KNOW thousands will retire in the next 5-10 years. You KNOW you could have a class date, no interview or medical. You'd be CRAZY to turn that down if you were in your 40's, which both still are. What you don't see is the huge upside to getting in early on a hiring wave. QOL returns quickly. Pay is close within 3 years. Bases are not hard to get when hiring is full throttle. If they flew out of DTW or MSP for Mesaba or PNCL, they could have had either by now. And, something that thy don't have at 9e is retirement. There might be some 401K matching, but at mainline there is a 14% retirement fund contribution per month (you make $10k, the company gives you $1400 in the fund that you choose, actually 12% DC and 2% 401K match), and you can also have your own 401K too. Two funds. So, better pay within 3 years, base sooner than later, and better retirement. Also, the chance to try INTL flying or just something different, all without an interview or medical, just a class date. Yeah, I think they made the wrong choice.

Bye Bye--- General Lee

Last edited:
Here is a another perspective....

At any airline, the informed and perceptive nonpilot employees root for the success of the pilots. Because your success will translate into success for us....the dispatchers, mechanics, flight attendants and all the others folks that work to make the airline a success. You guys have the resources and numbers to force management to pay a good wage. If the pilots are being treated badly, well, guess what happens to us???

I don't work for Pinnacle. I don't have the decision the pilots have with this TA. But I totally support a NO vote for this absolutely miserable contract you are being asked to accept.

Because if this TA is accepted it will travel through ALL the regional airlines like a tsunami !!! And this will hurt EVERY employee !!! If this were my contract I would vote NO in a heartbeat.

So Pinnacle Pilots who vote NO....I salute you !!!

We haven't even seen the TA..so take your support of a no vote and pipe down. Amazing all the backseat drivers on flightinfo. It's ridiculous to talk about a yes/no vote until we see the deets.

Comprende?

Regardless of what it says.
You lose 140 airplanes.
You gain 40 more.
Net loss of 100 airframes. Anyones guess at how many furloughs and downgrades there will be.
Even if Delta puts everyone on a Delta seniority list do you think it will pass?
I mean the TA would have to have "100,000 virgins to each furlough" in order to pass.

If there was absolutely no attrition I'd say you're correct..things change in this industry.. Two bankruptcys in 5 years...you dont know what's in store..you can guess but that's about it. I realize we are in deep...heck I realized I was in deep when the seniority list came out...insert "no lube".

Ok, off the drugs already.... I did say that to their faces. I asked them what the heck were they thinking? They gave some of the same reasons you did, all shortsighted, and now seemingly wrong. Just think, you KNOW thousands will retire in the next 5-10 years. You KNOW you could have a class date, no interview or medical. You'd be CRAZY to turn that down if you were in your 40's, which both still are. What you don't see is the huge upside to getting in early on a hiring wave. QOL returns quickly. Pay is close within 3 years. Bases are not hard to get when hiring is full throttle. If they flew out of DTW or MSP for Mesaba or PNCL, they could have had either by now. And, something that thy don't have at 9e is retirement. There might be some 401K matching, but at mainline there is a 14% retirement fund contribution per month (you make $10k, the company gives you $1400 in the fund that you choose, actually 12% DC and 2% 401K match), and you can also have your own 401K too. Two funds. So, better pay within 3 years, base sooner than later, and better retirement. Also, the chance to try INTL flying or just something different, all without an interview or medical, just a class date. Yeah, I think they made the wrong choice.

Bye Bye--- General Lee
Blah, Blah, Blah....

Just as I figured, no names of the guys you "know personally" Just checked PM box empty. I knew you were full of sh*t, now I have the proof.

Wow what a post. Restating crap you have said 100 times, (otherwise known as 1/160 of your posts, sad!) Unless you count this as another classic General "I'm better and smarter than you" post, in which case it is well over half.

Speaking of drugs, congrats on taking your meds for your bi-polar condition, I haven't seen on your six post in a while.

Blah, Blah, Blah....

Just as I figured, no names of the guys you "know personally" Just checked PM box empty. I knew you were full of sh*t, now I have the proof.

Wow what a post. Restating crap you have said 100 times, (otherwise known as 1/160 of your posts, sad!) Unless you count this as another classic General "I'm better and smarter than you" post, in which case it is well over half.

Speaking of drugs, congrats on taking your meds for your bi-polar condition, I haven't seen on your six post in a while.

Do you really think I would give you the names? Really? I didn't make any of that up, and I have brought this same topic up before, which should mean to you that it probably is true. Yes, I do have friends outside of my airline, and no, I don't have to tell you the names. These guys made a mistake, and hopefully they will have the chance again if a flow up happens again. I think they may take my advice next time.

As far as "I'm better than you posts", I do not do that. I give my opinion and advice on what people may or might not want to do. Nobody has to take any advice, which is fine with me. Whatever.... Bye now, continue to be miserable.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Here is a another perspective....

At any airline, the informed and perceptive nonpilot employees root for the success of the pilots. Because your success will translate into success for us....the dispatchers, mechanics, flight attendants and all the others folks that work to make the airline a success. You guys have the resources and numbers to force management to pay a good wage. If the pilots are being treated badly, well, guess what happens to us???

I don't work for Pinnacle. I don't have the decision the pilots have with this TA. But I totally support a NO vote for this absolutely miserable contract you are being asked to accept.

Because if this TA is accepted it will travel through ALL the regional airlines like a tsunami !!! And this will hurt EVERY employee !!! If this were my contract I would vote NO in a heartbeat.

So Pinnacle Pilots who vote NO....I salute you !!!

We are a spinless group. Accept my early apology.

Latest resources

Back