• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ta reached at 9e

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I may politely interject, I may be mistaken but I believe the MaCaskill-Bond legislation prevents a US/HP situation from repeating.

No, not really. The AWA/AAA pilots are operating under a Transition Agreement that states the SLI won't go into effect until after a JCBA is ratified. McCaskill-Bond allows the parties to enter into consensual agreements that would provide for that sort of condition, so it doesn't change anything in that regard. McCaskill-Bond is meant to prevent situations like what happened to the TWA pilots.

For all you other regionals out there that this TA is going to affect.

I want to thank you for offering me or proposing to offer me some sort of senority deal and longevity deal for me voting NO. I understand that if this TA fails we will hold the line for all of us. Delta has promised us 81 CRJ-900's and now those aircraft will be sent somewhere else to the benifit of your group. You will have movement on your list, we held the line and I don't have to reset my career.

OH Wait, you didn't offer any deal what so ever. So I suppose I am voting Yes and this will pass by more than a 60% margin. I will bide my time here until hiring begins and all you 5-6 year people will feel the pain of this TA for not wanting to help the 9E group. Enjoy negotiations in the coming years with our TA soon to be new contract thrown in your face at every turn. Thanks for all the offers of seniority merging.

Thanks for voting YES and ensuring a subpar contract base for all other airlines.

Thanks for voting YES and ensuring a subpar contract base for all other airlines.

Bite me, I've been on a 8 year roller coaster ride. First with Mesaba and now Pinnacle because of people like you and other companies that continue to under cut the next guy to gain extra flying. Sometimes it's even at a loss just to get the planes on property with hope of getting a better contract later. And then the next thing I see on flight info is a thread with people gloating about getting more planes and doing up-grade classes. I.E. when Comair shut down: there were several threads from ASA and Skywest guys sharing their excitment about getting Comair and Pinnacle planes. You are no different. You offer me no solution other than lose my job just so you can keep progressing where you are, and you are very naive to believe that a no vote wil help this industry as a whole.

Bite me, I've been on a 8 year roller coaster ride. First with Mesaba and now Pinnacle because of people like you and other companies that continue to under cut the next guy to gain extra flying. Sometimes it's even at a loss just to get the planes on property with hope of getting a better contract later.

Good stuff!! A PCL employee griping about OTHER airlines bidding at a loss....

Vote how you see fit. If the perceived immediate benefit is worth the long term implications, so be it. But dont kid yourself as to the long-term effects on your career if you plan to continue as an airline pilot in this country.

Good stuff!! A PCL employee griping about OTHER airlines bidding at a loss....

Vote how you see fit. If the perceived immediate benefit is worth the long term implications, so be it. But dont kid yourself as to the long-term effects on your career if you plan to continue as an airline pilot in this country.

If you read what I wrote you'll see that I didn't choose to work at Pinnacle.

Skywest is not as vulnerable because they have a solid balance sheet, mostly long term profitable CPAs that can't be changed without consent, and are not remotely close to bankruptcy.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

The same could be said about PCL Corp. The holding company was net profitable, had long-term CPAs with NW/DL for 200 flying that more than offset the "flown at a loss" 9E 900 flying and Colgan flying.

Consent is lost when you enter bankruptcy. All you need to enter bankruptcy is for your customer (DL or UA) to stop paying the bills. What are you going to do, sue your airline partner for non-payment? Of course not - then your business is gone forever (see: ACA).

When the unscrupulous run major airlines no one doing business with them is safe. Puff out your chest all you want, by neither Skywest nor anyone else is immune to the rump-rogering that DL gave PCL. A prudent pilot might say "oh, sh*t - they have a new weapon to use against us at the very bottom of the food chain" and prepare accordingly.

You might also want to make sure that your MEC (or lapdogs in the case of SAPA) does more than negotiate a golden parachute for the senior pilots while leaving the FO payscale to top out at $8 an hour less than a senior flight attendant. Yep, the can openers will make more than the FOs - and each 900 will have two of them compared to one FO.

So as a fellow pilot who wishes you and your group no ill-will may I suggest you stop saying it will never happen here and start preparing for the fight that will be coming your way - regardless of the outcome at PCL.

Bite me, I've been on a 8 year roller coaster ride. First with Mesaba and now Pinnacle because of people like you and other companies that continue to under cut the next guy to gain extra flying. Sometimes it's even at a loss just to get the planes on property with hope of getting a better contract later. And then the next thing I see on flight info is a thread with people gloating about getting more planes and doing up-grade classes. I.E. when Comair shut down: there were several threads from ASA and Skywest guys sharing their excitment about getting Comair and Pinnacle planes. You are no different. You offer me no solution other than lose my job just so you can keep progressing where you are, and you are very naive to believe that a no vote wil help this industry as a whole.

My suggestion is that you consider your time at Pinnacle an investment that went sour. Just like my houses. All went down in value. It's like you renting your house to drug dealers. It affects everyone. I know you are hurting, it sucks. You shouldn't be surprised at this happening. Comair getting shut down is a wake up call to all regional pilots, our days are numbered. By voting Yes you are accepting the extortion from management. Vote NO. Declare bankruptcy. But don't let them win.

This thread cracks me up. Anyone who thinks the current situation at Pinnacle is unique to that airline only is SORELY mistaken. Any other regional out there flying 50-seat jets or RJs period, for that matter, will be squeezed like Pinnacle in the future- guaranteed. Delta wants it done cheaper and someone will do it. United, American, and Airways are taking note. Make no doubt about it. If Pinnacle doesn't agree to it, doors are closed in less than a year, then SKYW or HoJets will be wielded in the same manner; and so on and so on.

Reality check: Whether or not this TA passes (and there's a good chance it will), Delta's methods and goals will be the way of the future. Deal with it.

Last edited:
This thread cracks me up. Anyone who thinks the current situation at Pinnacle is unique to that airline only is SORELY mistaken. Any other regional out there flying 50-seat jets or RJs period, for that matter, will be squeezed like Pinnacle in the future- guaranteed. Delta wants it done cheaper and someone will do it. United, American, and Airways are taking note. Make no doubt about it. If Pinnacle doesn't agree to it, doors are closed in less than a year, then SKYW or HoJets will be wielded in the same manner; and so on and so on.

Reality check: Whether or not this TA passes (and there's a good chance it will), Delta's methods and goals will be the way of the future. Deal with it.

That's exactly my point!!!

Latest resources

Back