• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ta reached at 9e

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Pinnacle doesn't agree to it, doors are closed in less than a year, then SKYW or HoJets will be wielded in the same manner; and so on and so on.

Not really. The main purpose of the TA is Delta forcing their hand on getting their 50-seat count to meet scope. This TA is a Xanatos Gambit, folks, and Delta wins either way. As it stands, DL is not going to come after SKW or TSA until at least 2017, as 1) they've already agreed to reduce their 50-seat count, 2) They aren't in Chapter 11.

Last edited:
cause they have contracts until 2017 right! ASA's are not worth the paper they are written on. Also, there is the "don't bite the hand that feeds you" rule at the regionals. Imagine Delta says to Skywest that you need to reduce your costs at Skywest and ASA. SkyWest says step off and then Delta will make it very hard for them going forward. The major airlines do not want or need long term regional pilots. They are expensive and know in the future with the pilot shortage that they can upgauge their mainline fleet and the regionals will cease to exist(pilot shortage problem fixed) The 50 seat crisis is foreshadowing the future with the 76 seat aircraft in 10 years.

Also, there is the "don't bite the hand that feeds you" rule at the regionals. Imagine Delta says to Skywest that you need to reduce your costs at Skywest and ASA. SkyWest says step off and then Delta will make it very hard for them going forward.

DL may not like it, but with the thinning of the regional herd, they may not have much of a choice.

The major airlines do not want or need long term regional pilots .... they can upgauge their mainline fleet and the regionals will cease to exist(pilot shortage problem fixed) The 50 seat crisis is foreshadowing the future with the 76 seat aircraft in 10 years.

Yes, because regionals pilots and planes are so expensive, it's better to send an empty 757 with a senior crew into Gillette, WY instead. :rolleyes:

There's a reason why the mainlines don't serve those places anymore. It's because they haven't had an aircraft with that kind of capacity in a LONG time. Convair, Martins, DC-4's. Those were the planes they needed to maintain marketshare to the current regional cities, but those no longer exist. The majors have moved on. Deal with it.

I want to thank you for offering me or proposing to offer me some sort of senority deal and longevity deal for me voting NO. I understand that if this TA fails we will hold the line for all of us. Delta has promised us 81 CRJ-900's and now those aircraft will be sent somewhere else to the benifit of your group. You will have movement on your list, we held the line and I don't have to reset my career.

OH Wait, you didn't offer any deal what so ever. So I suppose I am voting Yes and this will pass by more than a 60% margin. I will bide my time here until hiring begins and all you 5-6 year people will feel the pain of this TA for not wanting to help the 9E group. Enjoy negotiations in the coming years with our TA soon to be new contract thrown in your face at every turn. Thanks for all the offers of seniority merging.

What seniority or longevity deal has the 9E pilot group ever offered anyone?

cause they have contracts until 2017 right! ASA's are not worth the paper they are written on. Also, there is the "don't bite the hand that feeds you" rule at the regionals.

Oh Really???.....

SkyWest Airlines and ASA are engaged in litigation with Delta, which may negatively impact our financial results and our relationship with Delta

During the quarter ended December 31, 2007, Delta notified SkyWest, SkyWest Airlines and ASA of a dispute under the SkyWest Airlines and ASA Delta Connection Agreements. The dispute relates to allocation of liability for certain irregular operations ("IROP") expenses that are paid by SkyWest Airlines and ASA to Delta Connection passengers under certain situations. As a result of the dispute, Delta withheld a combined total of approximately $25 million (pretax) from one of the weekly scheduled wire payments to SkyWest and ASA during December 2007. Delta continues to withhold a portion of the funds we believe are payable as weekly scheduled wire payments to SkyWest and ASA. As of December 31, 2008, we had recognized a cumulative total of $32.4 million of revenue associated with funds withheld by Delta. On February 1, 2008, SkyWest Airlines and ASA filed a lawsuit in Georgia state court disputing Delta's treatment of the matter. The position Delta has taken with respect to IROP expenses is inconsistent with the parties' treatment of those expenses under the SkyWest Airlines and ASA Delta Connection Agreements since their execution in September 2005. We have not recorded an allowance related to the dispute in our consolidated financial statements. There can be no assurance that the dispute will be resolved consistent with the position taken by SkyWest Airlines and ASA. If the dispute is not resolved consistent with the position taken by SkyWest Airlines and ASA our financial results would be negatively impacted. The litigation may have other negative effects on our relationship with Delta and our operations under the existing Delta Connection Agreements.

Keep justifying and rationalizing your vote. I am sorry you are in this rotten situation, but realize this......your yes vote is not going to improve your situation.

What seniority or longevity deal has the 9E pilot group ever offered anyone?

Mesaba offered it to Express 1 a while back, but that was negatively thrown back in our face and tried to used against us in sli. So that was a nice reciprication.

Latest resources

Back