• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ta reached at 9e

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I where you XJ pilots in that situation you mentioned, I'd be bringing a suit against ALPA for not doing due diligence in vetting our contract, accepting the infamous 11-09 training award and the integrated list.
I also feel awful for all our employees being affected by this mess, and feel very disillusioned by this industry. ABSOLUTELY great people by and large...I am out though as soon as I can.

Last edited:
I would just say f it...buy a fishing pole and call it a day on aviation for now. Life is too short to be a pawn for rich men to play with. I get some need money, health insurance, etc, but at what cost. There is always an alternative if you just look. Good luck to all involved, I am sure all of us at the regional level will be in your shoes soon. Sorry you are 1 of many at the spearhead.

Last edited:
This sounds too much like Comair. Comair went from 100+ airplanes to 88 airplanes, to 44 planes, then 0. Right now, Pinnacle sounds like they are at the 81 airplane stage. In 2014, what's to stop them from announing losing the 40 CRJ-900s to [insert another DCI regional carrier], leaving just 41 CRJ-900s. Then some time after, pull a Comair.

Assuming Pinnacle survives, the end state of 91 CRJ-900s will have a huge consequence for the remaining Pinnacle pilots. With all CRJ-200s gone, the quotas on that fleet end. The only remaining quota will be 279 CRJ-900 Captains have to be Mesaba and 95 have to be Pinnacle. Then straight seniority. Mesaba will populate the CRJ-900 fleet left seats with that ratio. When is the quota over? 5 years? What would that date be, sometime in 2015?

I think they were allowed. Not certain, though. I think they were just offered a class, with no interview to ask about college. It was a great deal. One Compass Capt was a previous DL Capt that took the early out lump sum retirement before the BK. Now he gets to go back again.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Incorrect. No degree, No flow!

Incorrect. No degree, No flow!

I believe Compass had different language in flow so they were able to flow with no degree. Mesaba pilots needed 4 year degree. I know Mesaba needed degree because I went back to school specifically for that reason...and now I am just getting it done to get it done.

Was the 4 year college degree required for flow-throughs? If they didn't have the 4 year degree were they prevented from flowing up ?

Anyone flowing had to meet minimums from the street (and be a current captain) If somehow (basically only missing part correctable would be the degree) they weren't "qualified" they retained the rights to flow until becoming elligible. I don't think anyone fell into that issue, they either could and did go or they bid not to go reguardless of the degree. I do think one or two had medical issues that allowed them to keep rights even though the flow passed them.

It looks to me that delta knows the TA will not pass. How can it get a 51% yes vote if 60% or more are going to be losing their jobs. So Delta is just planning on putting the airplanes at GoJerks. I see a 2% chance of 9e surviving this deal. Looks like this is Deltas way of ending the pilot shortage.

Latest resources

Back