Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cool- just a reminder that only the dumbest of FI members actually post- 330 replies, 10,000+ views-

The swapa forum seems pretty heated as well. Very similar to the AT forum from attacking the union, putting down each other, insulting another airline, reserves sucks, senior people stole vacation etc... The ones that put down AT are no different than the ones on the AT forum who posted negative stuff about SWA, they are venting and that helps them cope. Free therapy let them post.

From what I gather is that even though reserves sucks no one will give up anything to change it, especially since new hires are coming. Retirement changes will be sold as it helps everyone from first to last on the list but we had to give up a piece of the negotiating pie so reserves will continue to suck. Oh and since a few maximize premium time and make a crap load that will change by hiring more people to ensure the supply and demand are balanced just like the AT schedules gradually started to make less and less. More guys in demand of TFP = less supply of premium trips.

I am very glad I crossed and everyone has been awesome. I was never given a stack of cash on a turn at AT to go buy the whole crew lunch. I do think there is a serious culture disconnect from what is going on in the employee newsletters to what is happening on the line. If you only read the emails it seems the only issue confronting SW is what to dress up as for the Halloween party. Maybe it's just the negotiating cycle is never pleasant at any airline.

What planet were you living on in early 2012? The Merger Committee Vice Chair and PCL128 went round and round on the AirTran forum about SIA #1/#2 for weeks.

We captured the whole discussion. The ALPA attorneys were thrilled to see all those discussions in print during the first 4 depositions. I am sure Lee Moak is glad PCL128 is out there running his mouth on public forums all day long. That keeps ALPA's exposure to a minimum.

You wrote the above, yet you don't grasp that your actions on this public forum could be exposing you to a lawsuit?

Even more importantly- the lawyers defending ALPA members are being paid for by ALPA. Yes, tens of thousand of ALPA members are paying dues money, in part to defend against your spurious lawsuit.

Now, here's where it gets really interesting-

If someone (say a group of pilots) were to sue YOU for your postings on here, ALPA will not defend you. You are operating completely on your own, and you'll be on the hook for your own lawyers and experts and expenses.

Funny that a guy who thinks he's so smart can be so f'in dumb. I'll put up the first $1,000. It will be cheap entertainment.

Last edited:
You wrote the above, yet you don't grasp that your actions on this public forum could be exposing you to a lawsuit?

Even more importantly- the lawyers defending ALPA members are being paid for by ALPA. Yes, tens of thousand of ALPA members are paying dues money, in part to defend against your spurious lawsuit.

Now, here's where it gets really interesting-

If someone (say a group of pilots) were to sue YOU for your postings on here, ALPA will not defend you. You are operating completely on your own, and you'll be on the hook for your own lawyers and experts and expenses.

Funny that a guy who thinks he's so smart can be so f'in dumb. I'll put up the first $1,000. It will be cheap entertainment.
Just be ready for the defamation countersuit.

If the MEC did the right thing on August 18, 2011, why are you so against emails and notes taken during that time period coming out? Why did the former Communications Chair turned MEC Chair who happens to be one on the most respected union guys at AirTran ever spearhead the recall effort of the 3 ATL MEC reps that voted to shoot down SIA #1?

It would have been implemented, because we had a Process Agreement that required it. AAA/AWA? Not so much. Their agreement only required implementation after a JCBA.

This has all been debated for a couple of years now, and your concerns all answered. You should have been paying better attention before you voted away your rights and your seniority.

I know this is a difficult concept for you to consider but what if you were wrong? You may have been willing to put it all on the line and roll the dice on some untested written language but the majority of your group was not because they simply could not afford to be wrong. Maybe if you were a decade or so older with a family to support and had been on the street before in this industry you would see things differently. Idealism is something you can afford when you are young, realism is something you accept as you gain experience in life and get put through the wringer a few times.

Having a job at SW even at lower relative seniority and/or in the other seat and possibly even another base may be a bitter disappointment to the pilots at AT who are affected the most but it is far better than having no job and having to start over with no longevity, year-one pay and QOL IF you can find another job. You are obviously in a situation where you can afford to walk away from a 130K+ job at SW and go do something else that you would rather do anyway. Given that, you had little or nothing to lose if you bet the farm and lost. How many people are in that situation? All I'm asking is that you take a minute and consider pilots other than yourself for a change.

Just be ready for the defamation countersuit.

If the MEC did the right thing on August 18, 2011, why are you so against emails and notes taken during that time period coming out? Why did the former Communications Chair turned MEC Chair who happens to be one on the most respected union guys at AirTran ever spearhead the recall effort of the 3 ATL MEC reps that voted to shoot down SIA #1?

What I'm against, you imbecile, is that this is a public website.

If you haven't noticed, I haven't responded to any of the crap you have posted on here, not because you are right, but because it is not the appropriate venue for that. We had an appropriate venue, which was shut down when you refused to stop posting privileged information.

Notice that not one of the people you refer to are making posts on a public forum. Not one member of the Merger Committee. Not one member of the Negotiations Committee, not one member of the LEC, not the "former Communications Committee".

Just you, showing your ass.

Last edited:
Why did the former Communications Chair turned MEC Chair who happens to be one on the most respected union guys at AirTran ever spearhead the recall effort of the 3 ATL MEC reps that voted to shoot down SIA #1?

He didn't. That's another lie. He helped write communications pieces for them. He was not the one spearheading it. And by the way, he thinks you're a nutcase.

I know this is a difficult concept for you to consider but what if you were wrong?

Everything in bargaining is about weighing risk and making value judgments about what is and isn't posturing. Unless you're willing to undergo that exercise, you might as well not even take part in bargaining. Just get down on your hands and knees, lick the boots of the other side, and grovel for whatever they'll give you. Maybe you find that to be an acceptable way to go through life, but I don't.

Latest resources

Back