Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Max, every day you make it more clear that you should have never been entrusted with proprietary or confidential information of any sort.

The fact that you think it is appropriate to post this stuff here shows not only very poor judgement, but a pathological neuroses. Hopefully, you'll make it across the partition before you lose it completely. . . . At least you'll make more on disability over there.

Max, every day you make it more clear that you should have never been entrusted with proprietary or confidential information of any sort.

The fact that you think it is appropriate to post this stuff here shows not only very poor judgement, but a pathological neuroses. Hopefully, you'll make it across the partition before you lose it completely. . . . At least you'll make more on disability over there.

He is completely out of his mind. Besides the lack of judgement and neuroses you mentioned, he's just simply immature and loves attention. There's a reason he's probably the second least respected pilot on the AT list, now that you know who is back.

20 more pages of dysfunction, anyone?

That's what happens when your new CEO conspires with his pilots union to screw over another pilot group.

He is completely out of his mind. Besides the lack of judgement and neuroses you mentioned, he's just simply immature and loves attention. There's a reason he's probably the second least respected pilot on the AT list, now that you know who is back.

Who is back?

Yep, he's a very smart guy. He has no bargaining experience, though (just like you), so he was in no position to be determining what was a threat and what was posturing. His email focuses upon the key dispute during that time: were there real threats, or weren't there? He believes there were, and "slick," as someone called him earlier, still doesn't believe that there were. That doesn't make it a lie. It makes it a difference of opinion. Personally, I agree with "slick." But I have actual bargaining experience, so what do I know. :rolleyes:
TB's notes from a MEC/MC/Katz meeting you did not attend on July 21, 2011 which has the following line (7 days after the Gary Kelly meeting):

"AC - What is our true exposure"

That indicates to me that Slick heard some threats, veiled or not, on July 14th. Here is part of our attorney's response (again from TB's detailed notes):

"DK - Separate Ops. 18 months subject to debate. Could be lengthy arbs and litigations. Retaliation would be subtle and equally painful"

Here is an August 19, 2011 quote from you:

"But, I think everyone here knows that I have a reputation for giving a hell of a lot of weight to input from attorneys."

Well, the ATN Merger Committee and you were in agreement there. The Merger Committee put a lot of weight on what Dan Katz said on July 21, 2011. The Merger Committee also thought the pilots should hear the risks associated with not reaching a negotiated SLI package during SIA #1 roadshows and let the pilots do their own risk/reward analysis on whether or not to go to arbitration.

Last edited:
Once again tricky ricky can't keep his mouth shut and has to spew forth more of his ranting. Where was all this bravado and courage in the meeting where everyone of you idiots (both parties) were seated in front of your constituents. You all sat there couching your responses with side bar chats with attorneys. You failed this pilot group and that is your legacy. You all had a hand in this debacle that was orchestrated. First offer from gk was crap and the second was crappier. Now stfu and go away.

The first offer was always going to be the best....so negotiate wisely. The AirTran MEC never could grasp that concept.

Latest resources

Back