Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On your side of the fence, ALPA's only game plan was to run straight to arbitration. That was a horrible game plan.

Well, that wasn't their game plan at all. But if it had been, it would have been a fine game plan, if the pilots weren't so scared of their own shadows.

Gary wanted the deal done, he got it done. I'm not going to defend his actions but I guess he got the results he wanted relatively quickly.

On your side of the fence, ALPA's only game plan was to run straight to arbitration. That was a horrible game plan.

I'm out.

So ALPA should have disregarded the will of its dues paying membership and capitulated to the demands of SWAPA and Gary Kelly?

Absent arbitration, the only option would have been accepting a less than favorable SLI. ALPA did what the majority of the membership was telling them to do. The first agreement was an insult and it was rightfully rejected by the MEC. For some reason GK feels he has a right to influence our union proceedings and was insulted when he didn't get his way. That was when he picked up a big stick. Screw him and his airline.

Last edited:
For some reason GK feels he has a right to influence our union proceedings and was insulted when he didn't get his way.

He wasn't offended. And he did get his way. The whole AIP1 fiasco was engineered from the start to lead to a failed vote. He knew that no pilot group in its right mind would accept that horrendous deal. So he threw a bunch of veiled threats at an inexperienced and gullible MC to get them to bring it back to the MEC who he knew would reject it. Then, he feigned offense and used that rejection as an excuse to take the money off the table that he never intended to pay anyway.

Gary is a genius. An evil genius, but a genius nonetheless.

well, that wasn't their game plan at all. But if it had been, it would have been a fine game plan, if the pilots weren't so scared of their own shadows.

a-m-e-n

He wasn't offended. And he did get his way. The whole AIP1 fiasco was engineered from the start to lead to a failed vote. He knew that no pilot group in its right mind would accept that horrendous deal. So he threw a bunch of veiled threats at an inexperienced and gullible MC to get them to bring it back to the MEC who he knew would reject it. Then, he feigned offense and used that rejection as an excuse to take the money off the table that he never intended to pay anyway.

Gary is a genius. An evil genius, but a genius nonetheless.

Somehow Gary was able to hypnotize your Merger Committee into playing along? The very committee that the MEC put together?

Completely manufactured? Wow. Queue the black helicopters PCL. I think you might be delusional.

Somehow Gary was able to hypnotize your Merger Committee into playing along? The very committee that the MEC put together?

Hypnotize? I wish it would have been that difficult to pull the wool over maxblast's eyes.

I think you might be delusional.

That's ok. We know you are.

Wow, u really believe your new boss cooked up SL9 just so the MEC would vote it down?

Anyway, if the evil genius is really motivated to do bad things to AAI pilots, then why not stay out of it, let the arbitrator decide how to integrate 1700 trannys that are bringing 50 airplanes to the deal....you have a job, be thankful...

"Gullible MC, scared membership" just because u wanted to gamble with your career, doesn't mean the MC or the membership wanted to...you said earlier you did not value a career at SWA, you had nothing to lose, and to malign everyone, especially your fellow "scared" pilots in public is a really showing your colors...

"Gullible MC, scared membership" just because u wanted to gamble with your career, doesn't mean the MC or the membership wanted to...you said earlier you did not value a career at SWA, you had nothing to lose, and to malign everyone, especially your fellow "scared" pilots in public is a really showing your colors...

I didn't, and still don't, consider it a "gamble."

Latest resources

Back