Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's not bad. I like not commuting and going back in to SEA. Most of the CA's will lower the gear or the flaps when I call for them with only a slight hesitation. God, how I missed that ;-). Everyone has made me feel welcome though.

I can honestly say AT was more "fun". It was just a younger airline, less slam clicking. Definitely more crew camaraderie on the overnights. That surprised me at first, but I can see how AT might have been 15-20 years down the road.

Rather than worry about the money I'm not making, I prefer to take advantage of having about 4 days off more a month and using that time wisely.

Yea I notice the slam clicking too when I got here. But the fun is out there. You just have to find it. It's a big company. Yes smaller the better for camaraderie.
I am glad about the people making you feel welcome. I have notice the AT FA's are great! Little quite at times. Good to see things overall are good.:)

I think it's interesting that you are calling the pilots of SWAPA spoiled brats when they have worked their @ss off for the contract you will come over to.

Did you guys picket? Did you strike? Was there a sick out? Was there an operational slowdown? Maybe a write up campaign? I didn't think so. SWAPA got what SW management handed them. You guys never fought for any of it...however if things keep going the way they're headed, you may soon have to.

I really hope we can all pull the rope in the same direction one day. All of my former AT FOs have been fantastic. One, a former Check Airman, was one of the most humble and kind individuals I've ever met.

Humvee-the fun is out there it's just gone a little underground if you know what I mean. The #1 rule in fightclub kinda thing. ;-)

Did you guys picket? Did you strike? Was there a sick out? Was there an operational slowdown? Maybe a write up campaign? I didn't think so. SWAPA got what SW management handed them. You guys never fought for any of it...however if things keep going the way they're headed, you may soon have to.

So it's my fault you decided to take a job with horrible management? Sorry you had to work so hard for so little.

PCL, you need to put down the ALPA koolaid dude. Carl is right, but he didn't elaborate on building on each contract successfully did he? That's what happened before he was president and after...for many, many years. All for half the dues that mismanaged, bloated, top-heavy ALPA charges. 2 thousand dollar dinner anyone?

That's the one thing I hear overwhelmingly is the transitioning pilots are more than happy to shed their relationship with ALPA and all the buffoonery.

$152? More like mid $180's by the time our senior guys go over and start their pay cut.
You guys still arguing $152 or $180 per hour? We would have 851 AirTran Captains making $215-220/hr right now had the ATN MEC not given Gary Kelly the middle finger on August 18, 2011.

Nope, all empty threats.

Explain how you can be threatened with an outcome that could never happen. Wow! A real MENSA group you have over there. :rolleyes:

Nah, you just need to put down the "canyon blue" (aka, purple) kool aid, dude.

Sounds like your first day dealing with the acquisition...

Oh no, oh no, oh no..OH YEAH!

So it's my fault you decided to take a job with horrible management? Sorry you had to work so hard for so little.

Our management was no more horrible than what we've been experiencing since SW took over. BTW, nice way to dodge my point. You guys fought for nothing, it was handed to you.

Over the last 15 years, our contracts were a whole lot better and more lucrative than my friends at USAir, CAL, UAL and until recently DAL, thanks mostly to rapid growth and a 2yr upgrade.

I gotta go, the cork broke off in my bottle of Glenlivet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back