Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's ok. All FAT pilots will be typed at no cost to the individual. Feeling the LUV from the gk. Now the RSW pilots need to get reimbursed for the cost for their type rating. We all will get free Ipads. This aint Herb's airline h......rampers, gate agents and operations agents who do not care.... the lethargy at the hubs is appalling. Only decent turn is from outstations or contract stations.

That's ok. All FAT pilots will be typed at no cost to the individual. Feeling the LUV from the gk. Now the RSW pilots need to get reimbursed for the cost for their type rating. We all will get free Ipads. This aint Herb's airline h......rampers, gate agents and operations agents who do not care.... the lethargy at the hubs is appalling. Only decent turn is from outstations or contract stations.

It is all but impossible to get an on time departure anymore. Nobody seems to care.

AirTran never gave me an ultimatum.
AirTran never threatened my employment.
AirTran never used strong arm tactics to downgraded me.
AirTran never threatened me with a "Plan B"
AirTran never signed secret contracts that adversely affected their employees.
AirTran never colluded with their pilots union in an effort to screw over another employee group.
AirTran never grossly disregarded seniority.
***and lastly***
AirTran does not preach the golden rule like a hypocrite.

I'm not making any comments regarding how this whole acquisition/merger has gone down cause it's been a cluster fock.

AT did threaten to fire me and 168 others during probation instead of furloughing us in order to avoid letting the training center instructors go like they were contractually required to.
AT only agreed to furlough us after they negotiated a concession from us.
AT routinely took "Hostages" during contract negotiations.
AT routinely crapped on our contract and used ridiculous creative interpretations to screw us.
AT had S. K_lski to come up with new and creative ways to jerk us around.
AT refused to negotiate in good faith for years during contract talks asking us to take a pay cut while the company was profitable.

There were many great things about AT that I've enjoyed over the years, however Upper management wasn't one of them. The people I've flown with, the product we provided our customers and the people in the CP office were what made AT successful. Let's not re-write history with how great AT Management treated us...at least the last 6 years or so.

Again, I'm not disagreeing with the poor way we've been treated (IMO) during the whole integration process.

When will everyone realize GL is nothing more than an automated FI spam generator designed to get maximum hits for advertisement charges? Place him on ignore, life is better.

When will everyone realize GL is nothing more than an automated FI spam generator designed to get maximum hits for advertisement charges? Place him on ignore, life is better.

This guy is a serious tool, and doesn't care what happened with the integration. Good luck AT pilots when flying with dorks like him.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Let's not re-write history with how great AT Management treated us...at least the last 6 years or so.

I think his point was the hypocrisy. While Steve Kolski screwed over a lot of people, he also didn't go around talking about the "golden rule" all the time. He was upfront about being an a-hole. I'd rather deal with that any day.

I'm thinking that NUTS II will be a case study in how to destroy the culture of a once great airline - all to save a couple of cents on the bottom line.

I just finished reading the book "Nuts!" which was a very good and insightful read. I did think it was interesting reading through the chapters and realizing that the airline described in the book specifically the management style doesn't appear to resemble the airline today. Do any "Real Southwest" pilots agree or will I see things vastly different when I'm off to Dallas someday soon for two months?
SWA of today is at the same point Delta, TWA, United, AA, Pan Am, etc, where within a few years of when they all failed.

This company makes money despite itself.

Once that momentum dies, and the reality of a stagnant product, inability to adapt to the marketplace, and a completely disgruntled employee group will result in the same result that all those legacies realized: failure.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back