Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA today like the airline in the book, "Nuts!"?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're demonstrating your lack of understanding. The 717's were the only capt seats that an AirTran pilot could expect to hold. Totally different and unrelated to NW retiring their -9s. The transition bid was a ruse by management, totally meaningless and a waste of time.

DAL/NWA is apples to oranges.

Your right, DAL/NWA were similar sized airlines with similar projected career earnings and expectations.

I would imagine with that kind of honesty from the get go the DOJ would have never approved the deal.

I'm not sure where you get THIS idea. The DOJ's only concern is anti-trust issues. If Southwest had said they were getting RID of most of AirTran's aircraft, they would have had even LESS of a concern.

Bubba

Last edited:
And when alpa was playing games delaying the steps they were required by the PA to go through with a good faith effort?? That's not your responsibility?

So you don't care about the actual sli, just the way it happened - yet refuse to see your own unions neurosis, fragmentation, and willful delay in creating that...?

Btw- I thoroughly disagree with the list too- so the same could be said on this side- you don't think the message didn't come across loud and clear from mgmt on our end either?

If you think the resulting list is "our side's version of F & E" you're outside of your mind. It absolutely screwed at least the last 2000 on our list

I have no idea what you're talking about. Details would be nice. The only "delays" I know about were caused by SWAPA with their frivolous jurisdictional arbitration that set us back 6 months.

I'm not going to debate the ISL with you. Like I said, we'll never agree. However, it's a fact that every AT pilot lost a significant amount of seniority in the deal and every SW pilot gained a much smaller amount as a result. I don't know what you have to complain about, SW was at zero growth before AirTran according to your illustrious leader.

The only way I can see you guys being screwed is by the 717 going away. SW is taking all AT pilots but getting rid of 88 of their airplanes. That one cuts both ways. Thanks uncle Gary.

Last edited:
I agree, the AT guys lost seniority (2.5 to 3.5 years) and the 717 demise post transition bid is sketchy on mgmts part...u have a law suit going, see how it plays out...

If u can prove the original landslide vote in favor of SL10 was coerced and the transition bid was fraudulent, a sympathetic judge may approve your complaint....nothing surprises me any more, but unless u like feeding the trolls or bashing ur head into a wall, there is no point in debating it anymore on FI...just saying...

Your right, DAL/NWA were similar sized airlines with similar projected career earnings and expectations.

I agree..

Exactly why I didn't expect the same SLI that DAL/NWA got, but I also didn't expect that every hardship would be borne by AT pilots either. "Welcome to SW, here's a rubber duck, now go F yourself".

I'll echo the earlier post..

I sincerely hope your future at SWA ends up better than you are anticipating it will.

I think you'll enjoy flying the line with OSW guys, just the same as I look forward to flying with the former AirTran guys. I had plenty of anger issues myself about this deal but it's long over and decided for us..so I'm over it. Good luck when you come over. Bring a good liver. You'll need it.

I agree, the AT guys lost seniority (2.5 to 3.5 years) and the 717 demise post transition bid is sketchy on mgmts part...u have a law suit going, see how it plays out...

If u can prove the original landslide vote in favor of SL10 was coerced and the transition bid was fraudulent, a sympathetic judge may approve your complaint....nothing surprises me any more, but unless u like feeding the trolls or bashing ur head into a wall, there is no point in debating it anymore on FI...just saying...

Where we lost was on a % basis, not on years. Years are only meaningful when making comparisons within a single seniority list.

I'm certainly not here looking for sympathy or trying to rehash the whole thing...this is more therapy than anything else.

I'll echo the earlier post..

I sincerely hope your future at SWA ends up better than you are anticipating it will.

I think you'll enjoy flying the line with OSW guys, just the same as I look forward to flying with the former AirTran guys. I had plenty of anger issues myself about this deal but it's long over and decided for us..so I'm over it. Good luck when you come over. Bring a good liver. You'll need it.

Nice!

:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back