• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry bill, I'm losing my seat, seniority, base and getting a pay cut. Working for a legacy airline stuck in the 70s disguised as a low cost carrier. I say it here, SWA will not stay out of Bankruptsy without MAJOR changes. Those changes will be painful especially to the ground handlers and FA's who are way overpaid compared to every other airline. Scheduling and how trips are paid for pilots will be changed i.e.190k a year fo's will be a distant memory.

Fletch,
You could just say thank you for the raise rather than being a cry baby. Just saying.

You won the lottery and now you want more. Unbelievable.

What raise GK, I mean Bill? Most of them have to wait a few YEARS, which is ridiculous. You know that. Before you state they could have had the pay immediately, you know that offer was not great to begin with. I'm glad you guys will take the first offer by management during your upcoming compensation talks. We know what they want, to go back to their LCC roots. It's great you will take the first offer without even questioning it. That's fantastic of you guys. Well done!

Bye Bye---General Lee

They were given huge pay raises by SWA management shortly after the acquisition. They were so poorly paid that even 20% raises didn't bring them near our rates but they will get our pay as soon as they are SWA pilots.

A thank you would suffice.

They were given huge pay raises by SWA management shortly after the acquisition. They were so poorly paid that even 20% raises didn't bring them near our rates but they will get our pay as soon as they are SWA pilots.

A thank you would suffice.

Unfortunately, it looks like it will end up being one step forward and two steps back. Lucky for the AT crew we are accustomed to being dissapointed.

Their day is comming, most of them are clueless. Airline number 3 for me, they hired ex ALPA pres to be the hatchet, the latest letter to the pilot group was just the beginning, all those scheduling "goodies" they brag about are going to get cut waay back. For me it's business as usual " meet the new boss, same as the old boss. The waste I see at SWA stations is staggering. I would have never believed the lack of technology and waste had I not seen it myself.

Please detail this waste you speak of... Because, SwA has been wasting away for four decades...

Fletch,

You would have kept ur seat at SWA pay with SL9...and a fence in ATL for 10 years...a couple hundred malcontent ATL CPs f'd it up for all AAI pilots. Nice job

How about a fu*& you, instead?

GL,
Yes. There was a path to arbitration in the event an agreement was not met.

In this case an agreement was reached and ratified so arbitration never came into play.
Everyone on this board knows that this statement is pure BS. SWA management put a gun to the Air Tran pilots head and said sign or you're dead. Even my die=hard kool-aid drinking SWA pilot friends will readily admit this.

Fletch,
You could just say thank you for the raise rather than being a cry baby. Just saying.

You won the lottery and now you want more. Unbelievable.
Money is not everything and it is a matter of perspective. Obviously many AT pilots don't feel this way and I wouldn't if I was in their shoes.

Everyone on this board knows that this statement is pure BS. SWA management put a gun to the Air Tran pilots head and said sign or you're dead. Even my die=hard kool-aid drinking SWA pilot friends will readily admit this.

Money is not everything and it is a matter of perspective. Obviously many AT pilots don't feel this way and I wouldn't if I was in their shoes.
Absolutely true. There are quite a few of us bypassing the transition to SWA as long as we possibly can for this exact reason.

You can't match our Quality of Life over there, at least not while at work, and many of us don't NEED the money. Will it be nice eventually? Sure. Is it a "lottery ticket"? Not by a long shot. Not going back to nearly the bottom of the F/O seniority pile from nearly the top, with the resultant COMPLETE loss in bidding power that comes with it, no matter WHAT the pay increase is.

We understand you guys are proud of what you built, just like WE are proud of what WE built. We understand you didn't want to buy our company; after the fact, many of us wish we'd never been bought. But all this is water under the bridge, and continuing to pull the "you won the lottery so just shut up and say thank you" card isn't going to help you win your arguments.

You guys feel one way. We feel another. That's the ONLY, REAL truth that can be said. So why continue to run the one-liners out there that pi$$ everyone off?

Hope everyone has a safe, fun, and Happy New Year! We're going out to Nashville Steak and Oyster, having one hell of a good meal, then partying with friends watching the Guitar (music note now, what the heck is that about?) drop at midnight, try to forget the Dallas game last night (Tony Romo turnovers are what's for breakfast), and start the New Year fresh, focusing on the important things in life that I have the power to affect (and this ain't it, that ship has sailed).

Stay thirsty, my friends! :beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back