• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to England?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And coming out of BK worth more than any other Legacy really is funny too. I also am getting a check for $180,000 (88,000 of that will go to my 401Ks for 2006 and 2007), plus another check will be coming for the pension drop. Yeah, sounds like an F for me. FANTASTIC. It sure worked out well for me---especailly since 2300 captains left too. See you later gator.

Its amazing what not paying your obligations will do for the bottom line. I hope future vendors ask for there money upfront. Its funny to see you brag about screwing people. You seem to be soooo proud of this fact. I got mine so thats all that matters attitude. What a stand up little boy you are.

No I dont think ELP, LBB, MAF and AMA would suck. Never done it but I would. I enjoy my job and take pride in my company. It feels good to know we pay our bills.

Hillarious. Do you wear and American flag on your bum too? "It feels good to know we pay our bills, it just feels good." hahahhahahahaha You are making a fool out of yourself, but at least you feel good about paying your bills, you can sleep at night.....9-11 started our downfall, and many others, along with mismangement. I did my job and didn't crash a plane---so I can sleep at night too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Many vendors and creditors had to adjust to the loss of promised income, and obviously many people lost jobs. I cannot understand the feeling that bankruptcy is something to be proud of, but in America what else would we expect. In the future, let's hope that creditors demand more from those that they cannot trust, and reward those who they can trust.

Let's hope you never have to go through the same thing. But, if you do which is possible I guess, you will be happy there are rules in place to allow you to pick up the pieces and start over. This isn't communist Russia where you may have only one chance. IF you want that in life, move to Moscow. We fly there nonstop from ATL and JFK.

Bye Bye--General Lee

actually Vix. I never wanted to get on at SWA. I have a lot of friends over their. 99.99% great guys. It is just this attitude that we , this and we that, when in reality you don't pay the bills. you don't buy the airplanes. You fly the planes and do t safely that is all. maybe help throw a bag or clean the cabin once in a while. Just realize what you are. an employee. not director of finance. If SWA decides to ever have to file bankruptcy then watch all of the WE talk disappear. but now one would say 'WE will never have to File BK." until it happens then you will be standing there with that look of disgust and anger, wondering who F'd it all up.
I hope it never happens to you. But if it does I imagine there will be a lot of p'd off employees. pointing fingers.

Actually, greedy mgmt, weak union, big bonus's, and outrageous pay and work rules started your down fall. 911 accelerated it.

You forgot about Leo Mullin buying stock back to inflate his options, and then 9-11 happening and that money that was spent disappeared in a flash. That money could have easily been used to pay for a multitude of things, including higher pay and fewer seats sold after 9-11, but no---it went away in an instant. I guess you think that was our fault too? I remember approving that deal.....

And, your pay at SWA is now becoming an issue, since out of nowhere your company is now initiating fare increases. (like one yesterday) Your fuel hedges are shrinking, and Low Cost Competition is ramping up. Watch out for your company asking for some givebacks too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I heard lDelta pilots made over 160K a year. Talk about killing the goldne goose. Sounds like they, mangament, pilots etc, were all beating that goose pretty hard.

Huh? A lot made more than that, but that was because many were leaving to grab part of their pension and we became short on crews, thanks to mismanagement by Leo Mullin. Had he not gambled and bought back stock prior to 9-11 to inflate his own options, we would have had an extra billion or two to cushion ourselves. It didn't happen that way in the end.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Where does it say "Delta" on this thread General?

Seriously, if you don't like my responses, then put me on ignore. Really, I don't care. I will continue to respond to whatever I want, and remember this, not everyone wants to fly for Southwest, especially with your long schedules and multiple legs. Ta ta.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And, your pay at SWA is now becoming an issue, since out of nowhere your company is now initiating fare increases. (like one yesterday) Your fuel hedges are shrinking, and Low Cost Competition is ramping up. Watch out for your company asking for some givebacks too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Tires, taxis, and gas have gone up in price too. Who says that airfares cant go up? The price of business is going up therefore we up our prices. What 7 times the last 12 months. Something the Legacies dont have the balls to do. We do it and it sticks. Yes the competition is getting storonger, we are adapting.
What's our other option? 60% pay cuts and 2 years of bankruptcy? I think I'll let my company drive the boat. Off to LBB..........again.

Latest resources

Back