• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to England?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tires, taxis, and gas have gone up in price too. Who says that airfares cant go up? The price of business is going up therefore we up our prices. What 7 times the last 12 months. Something the Legacies dont have the balls to do. We do it and it sticks. Yes the competition is getting storonger, we are adapting.
What's our other option? 60% pay cuts and 2 years of bankruptcy? I think I'll let my company drive the boat. Off to LBB..........again.

Everytime you guys increase the fares, we follow. Thanks for that, it really is making us stronger. You guys have fixed costs that are going up, which might be addressed eventually by your management. If you raise your fares too much, you won't be a low fare operator, and Skybus will take over that title.

Bye Bye--General Lee

increase fares

Swa is Not always the low fare airline they project. But hey That is the Brand image they have spent a life time building. If They were to sell on site like orbitz or one of those you would be able to see that in a side by side fare quote they are not always the cheapest. Smart they are for keeping their image just the way they want.

I guess that by that thinking if swa raises fare it is good for all of us, then by the same measure if Pilots don't take substandard wages then we would all be better.

Everytime you guys increase the fares, we follow. Thanks for that, it really is making us stronger. You guys have fixed costs that are going up, which might be addressed eventually by your management. If you raise your fares too much, you won't be a low fare operator, and Skybus will take over that title.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The thing is, SWA's game plan is not just raising fares. For the last few years they have begun going into other airline's hubs where fares (and monopolies)were very high -- something they avoided in the past. It stared with BWI, and spread to PHL, PIT, and DEN. They have gone where fares were ridiculously high and and now any reasonable fares they may charge in those places, and even if recently raised, are still far lower than the incumbents' fares were.

The thing is, SWA's game plan is not just raising fares. For the last few years they have begun going into other airline's hubs where fares (and monopolies)were very high -- something they avoided in the past. It stared with BWI, and spread to PHL, PIT, and DEN. They have gone where fares were ridiculously high and and now any reasonable fares they may charge in those places, and even if recently raised, are still far lower than the incumbents' fares were.

True, they do go into hub cities where there are gates available and take advantage of the incumbant's higher fares. SFO is next. But, after SFO, can you think of another large hub that has room for SWA to grow? I know DEN is building SWA some gates, which is lucky for them. Where could SWA go next? ATL is full. CVG has no O&D traffic. NYC is full. SLC is full. SEA is full. LA is full. CLT? COS? (I think that could be next) MIA? DCA (nope). BOS?(no room) Anybody have a good guess out there? They can expand A LOT at LBB.

Bye Bye--General Lee

True, they do go into hub cities where there are gates available and take advantage of the incumbant's higher fares. SFO is next. But, after SFO, can you think of another large hub that has room for SWA to grow? I know DEN is building SWA some gates, which is lucky for them. Where could SWA go next? ATL is full. CVG has no O&D traffic. NYC is full. SLC is full. SEA is full. LA is full. CLT? COS? (I think that could be next) MIA? DCA (nope). BOS?(no room) Anybody have a good guess out there? They can expand A LOT at LBB.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You missed your calling LEE. You should work in revenue management for Southwest. Obviously our people don't know what they are doing. We should follow Delta's lead. Oh wait, you guys are idiots and losing money hand over fist. The new paint job is really sharp though. If we ever do compete with you to Europe it will be fun to watch. Bye Bye Daisy

Bye Bye--General Lee

DCA is a maybe.
Bos. Why when you have MHT, BDL and I can't think of that other ********************hole.
NYC is always there.
SEA?
CVG You'd better believe it buddy. Next target.
ATL- partially agree

Last edited:

Bye Bye--General Lee

SLC is full with RJ's.

Latest resources

Back