• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to England?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Port Authority is paying for most of the terminal. There is no way they would build a terminal that big that could only accomodate 320's and 190's. I have never read or heard anything other than people on this site say that it cannot accomodate widebodies. I did read an article when the terminal was first announced that said it would be able to accomodate all aircraft types except the 380. I can't seem to find that article for reference since it was over a year ago. "Poison Pill" seems to be the latest buzz word going around B6. The latest "Poison Pill" rumor is that if someone buys us and we are not ratioed into the aquiring airline via relative seniority in seat of like aircraft, that the acquiring airline will be required to pay us 5 years pay based on the previous year's W-2. That would give most Captains about 750K and most FO's about 300K. If that were the case, I want Delta to buy us and NOT ratio us in. I'd take a couple thousand and hit the street running. Apparently, David and the crowd would make it a condition of the sale that must be honored. I'm not sure how something like that would hold up in a court.

Sorry to say but that type of contract language is about as firm as DALs no-furlough clause. IT worked....oh wait..I was furloughed for 5 years. Don't expect to be bought and paid hundreds of thousands.....

The Port Authority is paying for most of the terminal. There is no way they would build a terminal that big that could only accomodate 320's and 190's. I have never read or heard anything other than people on this site say that it cannot accomodate widebodies. I did read an article when the terminal was first announced that said it would be able to accomodate all aircraft types except the 380. I can't seem to find that article for reference since it was over a year ago. "Poison Pill" seems to be the latest buzz word going around B6. The latest "Poison Pill" rumor is that if someone buys us and we are not ratioed into the aquiring airline via relative seniority in seat of like aircraft, that the acquiring airline will be required to pay us 5 years pay based on the previous year's W-2. That would give most Captains about 750K and most FO's about 300K. If that were the case, I want Delta to buy us and NOT ratio us in. I'd take a couple thousand and hit the street running. Apparently, David and the crowd would make it a condition of the sale that must be honored. I'm not sure how something like that would hold up in a court.

Sorry to say but that type of contract language is about as firm as DALs no-furlough clause. IT worked....oh wait..I was furloughed for 5 years. Don't expect to be bought and paid hundreds of thousands.....anything can happen these days..and it is usually not good for us...the pilots..ah last line..I see we agree.

Its not that SWA doesnt have debt we just pay it back. Plus as someone else said we pay cash for our planes. Back to your Microsoft 2000 for your Paris RON little boy. I Like the F anaolgy that was funny.

Wow, that was funny. Enjoy ELP, MAF, AMA, and LBB, all in the same day! Gawd that must suk.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Not sitting in BK as long as UAL is like saying you got the highest F.

And coming out of BK worth more than any other Legacy really is funny too. I also am getting a check for $180,000 (88,000 of that will go to my 401Ks for 2006 and 2007), plus another check will be coming for the pension drop. Yeah, sounds like an F for me. FANTASTIC. It sure worked out well for me---especailly since 2300 captains left too. See you later gator.

Bye Bye--General Lee

And coming out of BK worth more than any other Legacy really is funny too. I also am getting a check for $180,000 (88,000 of that will go to my 401Ks for 2006 and 2007), plus another check will be coming for the pension drop. Yeah, sounds like an F for me. FANTASTIC. It sure worked out well for me---especailly since 2300 captains left too. See you later gator.

Its amazing what not paying your obligations will do for the bottom line. I hope future vendors ask for there money upfront. Its funny to see you brag about screwing people. You seem to be soooo proud of this fact. I got mine so thats all that matters attitude. What a stand up little boy you are.

No I dont think ELP, LBB, MAF and AMA would suck. Never done it but I would. I enjoy my job and take pride in my company. It feels good to know we pay our bills.

EMPLOYEE that is what your are

Hey Vix

Its not that SWA doesnt have debt we just pay it back. Plus as someone else said we pay cash for our planes.

It feels good to know we pay our bills.

I noticed you use the term "we" when talking about the company you work for. What part of "WE" did you have in paying the bills?
You are just an employee paid to do you job safely. you make no finacial decisions. you don't organize the route structure. sing the leases on plane , negotial fuel prices or gate rent. You are just and Employee.
stop the ra ra we this, we that banter. now just go to work and make the ceo's and share holders money.

Many vendors and creditors had to adjust to the loss of promised income, and obviously many people lost jobs. I cannot understand the feeling that bankruptcy is something to be proud of, but in America what else would we expect. In the future, let's hope that creditors demand more from those that they cannot trust, and reward those who they can trust.

I noticed you use the term "we" when talking about the company you work for. What part of "WE" did you have in paying the bills?

The employees at Southwest are one of the largest group of shareholders.

The airline adopted the first profit-sharing plan in the U.S. airline industry in 1973. Through this plan and others, Employees own at least 8 percent of the Company stock.

This is a "we" attitude here, I have no time for a "they" attitude with my money.

Whats the matter vtwo, couldnt get on? I enjoy the company and take pride that WE are all a team to make it strong. The WE part is the best part of the company. Not to many individuals here. We all have the same common goal. No one is better then the next. Unlike the little boy GL who can only think of I. But hey nice attitude. RARA!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back