• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA culture!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe, someday, if you don't completely alienate every real pilot out there with your complete and incessant BS, you might actually get an airline job.

But have an out, because I don't think you can hack flying a real airplane.

Now, go back to MS Flight sim. The adults are talking.

Which of the 3 G's do you date? All of them? From Houston?

OYS

If I'm late to the airplane (connections, etc), no the secretary won't. The Captain will, though. He'll probably have all my preflight done also. As I slide into my seat with 137 pax already on board,he'll give me a "take your time but I think I got most of it done." A couple minutes later we push.

One of our CRM instructors asked "What would you do if your F/O shows up at the airplane five minutes before pushback?" An old Captain shrugged and replied "If he beats me, he beats me." :D

Seriously, the SWA culture as described here sounds a lot like the Delta of 30 years ago. We had our own "Herb" named Dave Garrett. Yeah, I know, things changed. :(

I don't know what to make of the 'culture'.

Just recently I was on the hotel van with three Southwest crews. No one choose to speak, it was the quietest (most awkward) ride to the hotel I've been on. While this by itself is probably nothing, when we can't even speak to each other, I wonder how we got here.

I think you misinterpreted the situation. It's not the case that SWAPA is trying to create as much animosity as possible in order to sink this deal.

What you saw was this; They were afraid that if they spoke, they'd start babbling profanities and homophobic remarks like Mel Gibson with tourettes.

:D

Seriously Crash Pad???

I thought with all that culture we would see the first super culture seniority integration. I thought it would be fast and painless. I guess I'm a little surprised. It turns out Southwest pilots are like any other pilot group. I don't see them as any different from the least cultured pilots: the world renowned USAir group.

If you read Nuts as you indicated, you would know that part of the 'Culture' is our 'Warrior Spirit'. The history of SWA is paved with battles, and we have been the victor in nearly every case.

You misunderstood our culture to mean we would lie down and present you with all that is ours. We feel fortunate to work for SWA. We know how hard we worked to get here, and then continued working hard to make this an even better place. We do not take lightly the idea of handing all that we have earned over to anyone in the name of 'Culture'.

I'm starting to think you are the same as every pilot group just with a slightly better contract.

This statement shows your unrealistic views on this debate because like it or not, and regardless of how we got it, our contract is far superior to most. Particularly your own. At least be realistic when you rant.

Pay attention to your MC as they spend time in your lounge explaining to you how much better our contract is, how much stronger our company is, and how a number of SLI scenarios WILL do harm to SWA pilots. I hear they have been explaining this to you for more than a week now. They are the experts. They are your only constant in your disfunctional union. Heed their words.

Since Southwest has purchased my airline I have had to hear no less than one billion times about the amazing culture at Southwest. I did my homework and read the book Nuts.

The topic of seniority integration has come up and I thought with all that culture we would see the first super culture seniority integration. I thought it would be fast and painless. I guess I'm a little surprised. It turns out Southwest pilots are like any other pilot group. I don't see them as any different from the least cultured pilots: the world renowned USAir group.

The poor airmanship of Southwest has also allowed us to see what they do on an average trip. It turns out they have the same conversation that we have all had every trip of our careers. Why god can't I get one hot flight attendant on a long overnight? I foolishly thought the super cultured, culture pros, of the SWA flight deck would say things like: "that Edith sure can get people boarded despite her age".

So can some SWA guys chime in and explain to me what the SWA culture means as a pilot? Do I pick up more open time? Do I talk more with the customers? Do I make it work when my numbers are a little off? What do I do to be a more "cultured"?

I'm starting to think you are the same as every pilot group just with a slightly better contract.

It sucks. Don't work here. Quit being a Tranny today and go back to the "massage parlor" you worked at during flight school. You will HATE it here. Pay isn't worth it. Draconian work rules. Horrible relationship with mgmt. Quit your job now. Immediately.

I think you misinterpreted the situation. It's not the case that SWAPA is trying to create as much animosity as possible in order to sink this deal.

What you saw was this; They were afraid that if they spoke, they'd start babbling profanities and homophobic remarks like Mel Gibson with tourettes.

:D

Yeah, I guess that's it. ;)

Well let me be the first to call you out.

Do you pay your more for the goods and services you get just because you think it would be nice to pay more than you should.......I bet you don't. When you are spending your own money I bet you try and get everything for the best (lowest ) price you can......so don't fault the company's for doing the same tool boy. The company's not there to provide benefits to as many people as possible,.......hello they are there to provide a service the people will pay for and still provide a profit to the stockholders and the BOD............but I bet you are a product of the American public school system.......you know the one that shuns capitalism and promotes communism and social and economic justice you know like Castro, Che and Mao

If you are so tired of your profession being nickle and dimed than maybe you should stop worshiping groups like ALPA that demand company's hire more pilots than is really needed or the other job killing unions that force airlines to hire more cleaning staff, Flight Attendants, mechs ect..... I think you get my point.

All airline pilots did for years leading up to 9-11 was demand for money for less. Pilots like you have elevated our profession to that of a baseball player.......you know well paid guys doing a job they love but demanding more money for doing nothing.......then going on strike when they don't get the max pay for sitting home running the yogurt shop. Then you don't understand when the traveling public has no sympathy for you or your cause........You just don't get it tool boy.......you are the hired help and are so easy to replace.......remember this cry baby.....never be more trouble than you are worth.

So you sit in the cockpit with your thumb up you -$$ watching others work and just keep thinking your better than the ones working hard and remember how great it was while you are standing in the unemployment line.

It's tools like you that give us all a bad name......please give your seat to a pilot that wants to fly and will help make the company a success.

I am really surprised you dont work for the government, they embrace your kind of laziness and elitist thinking.

Staple Staple

Staple Staple[/QUOTE

Wow, I should have posted more often than I did in the previous years. Amazing the smart person you are. You know all about me based on one opinion. Your rant is too silly to reply to, but just to give you the satisfaction and not ruin your day completely, before and after 9-11 I was still paying my dues. Now did I hit a nerve here by getting you fired up and calling me a "tool" ? No worries, I understand. Enjoy :).

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back