• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA culture!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had a busy day today. Had to get the bike tie-downs mounted on the new truck and install a trailer brake. Loading up the camper right now to start enjoying well over a month of vacation. Nothing like spending 6 weeks of campfires and kayaks with your kids.

Ya'll knock this ******************** off and have something for me to vote on when I get back.

Gup
Egggzactly right. ;)

Headed down to Curacao the 12th for a week of R&R as well; hope it's well on its way to being squared away when I get back. Have a great time with the fam, you don't get these years back! :)

I had a busy day today. Had to get the bike tie-downs mounted on the new truck and install a trailer brake. Loading up the camper right now to start enjoying well over a month of vacation. Nothing like spending 6 weeks of campfires and kayaks with your kids.

Ya'll knock this ******************** off and have something for me to vote on when I get back.

Gup

Sounds great, Gup, the best kind of vacation. Don't forget the marinade . . . . err, bug spray. ;)

More popcorn! In general, I like SWA guys, but it may be time to think about the definition of hubris.

True statement. I think what they don't realize, while they have been successful doing what they do, so have plenty of others. Alaska is doing very well, Hawaiian is doing great, but I don't think any of us feel the need to constantly tout it and rub in others faces or put down anyone else's union or path they are on. We all are in glass houses in this business and they don't realize how easily fortunes can change in this business. !0 years from now Frontier could be a better job than SWA, who knows. DAL and UAL are recovering pretty soundly and the industry seem to be morphing into one that the music has stopped and everyone has a chair. There may or may not be more mergers, but I don't think anyone is going to disappear like they have in years past.

(I'm sure this will get me called a SWA hater! or a troll)

0 years from now Frontier could be a better job than SWA, who knows

Com'on, really F9? I don't believe that for a second.

Not saying it WILL happen, just that it is realistic to say it could. Bedford could sell to someone else who is better at realizing the potential F9 has by expanding the excellent product they already have and the timing could be just right as the economy turns.
SWA could just as easily find out without the fuel hedge advantage they had nor the lower labor costs than the competition they once had means they have a more difficult time competing. SWA is getting to the size were they cannot avoid going head to head with legacies any more. I've seen the scenario over and over again in this business. Aloha used to be MUCH stronger than Hawaiian, UAL used to be the industry powerhouse, When USAir and Piedmont merged they were two of the strongest airlines in the industry, Piedmont had just as good labor/management relations as SWA does now. The point is anything can and will happen, we are all along for the ride. Arrogance sure seems to come back and haunt a lot of airlines. The SWA pilots on here sound like the UAL pilots in the 90's.

(and no I am not a SWA hater, you guys are way too sensitive and quick to throw that around)

Save your butt off, live within your means. Then WHEN your airline has problems in the future, hopefully you can be financial stable to walk away.

That's my plan anyway.

Save your butt off, live within your means. Then WHEN your airline has problems in the future, hopefully you can be financial stable to walk away.

That's my plan anyway.

That's the best plan there is, and if your airline makes it after doing that you have really scored.

Latest resources

Back