• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA crew names released

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was told that MDW and LGA are CA only landings. Is that true? If not I apologize. I am not RSW and never will be. I am reminded of that at every SW station I taxi into. It was a female CA though. LGA ops agent confirmed that.

Last edited:
Was told that MDW and LGA are CA only landings. Is that true? If not I apologize. I am not RSW and never will be. I am reminded of that at every SW station I taxi into. It was a female CA though. LGA ops agent confirmed that.

At Southwest, the only CA-only landing is EWY (Key West).

Although a couple of times when they did work in BWI on the intersection of the main runways (28 and 33L), it necessitated the use of the small VFR-only RWY 4. That has happened twice since I've been here, and I think it was for a period of a week or less in both cases. That special case was also CA-only.

Also, at SNA, that is a CA-only takeoff (typically the FO lands to maintain the alternating flow of legs), with its special cutback procedure.

Bubba

LGA is also a CA only landing airport ( for some reason) . The CA was a female. Guess who wanted to continue the approach.

Are you serious?
Captain only landing at LGA
If true, they have to be the only major operator that has that in place at LGA when the weather is VFR

It was a female CA though. LGA ops agent confirmed that.

Well then I guess that makes it true.....I remember when PeopleExpress had a 747 scrap an engine pod on landing. It was common knowledge that it was one of the female Captains. Only problem was, it was totally false and simply made up by someone with obvious Mommy issues. Seems like there are still pilots with Mommy issues. Not sure what gender has to do with it. If there was a breakdown in CRM effecting the landing, both pilots would likely be a contributing factor.

I agree. Was just passing on a tidbit of info. SW PR machine is very strong and all info regarding the incident has been taken down or swept under the rug. I am sure they will find out the true cause soon enough.

I agree. Was just passing on a tidbit of info. SW PR machine is very strong and all info regarding the incident has been taken down or swept under the rug. I am sure they will find out the true cause soon enough.

"Taken down"? Really?

Exactly what information are you saying that has been "taken down"? And how do you suppose Southwest has the ability to "take down" or "sweep under the rug" any external information? Does Gary Kelly have editorial control over the major news outlets, or does he just use some kind of mind control on them?

The fact is, that the NTSB releases whatever info it wants, the press prints what it wants, and the company (like most prudent companies) usually doesn't comment beyond the facts. Some examples of this strong PR machine: "We won't speculate on an exact cause while the investigation is going on," and in response to a direct question, "no, it's not SWA procedure to land nose wheel first." I can see how you think this is scandalous.

Like you said, the true cause will be found out soon enough. Until then, you're free to pass on "tidbits of info" just like everyone else on an anonymous board. However, just like anyone else, your info may be true, or it may be complete crap.

Bubba

Well then I guess that makes it true.....I remember when PeopleExpress had a 747 scrap an engine pod on landing. It was common knowledge that it was one of the female Captains. Only problem was, it was totally false and simply made up by someone with obvious Mommy issues. Seems like there are still pilots with Mommy issues. Not sure what gender has to do with it. If there was a breakdown in CRM effecting the landing, both pilots would likely be a contributing factor.

So, you are denying that it was a female Captain?

Or, do you have reality issues?

Latest resources

Back