• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA crew names released

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm as tired of this as you guys, you are welcome to the last word. The conversation has gone from you guys saying SWA doesn't taxi any faster than anyone else to they do and the passengers like it. Whatever. It's really not that big of a deal.
What's odd though is characterizing anyone who gets in a cross airline discussion as obsessed. By far the larger percentage of posters on here seem to be SWA. Fair enough. You folks really seem to like to bash ALPA and other airlines. Than you can't understand why you get scrutinized for your positions. You seem to want to be able criticize all you want, but if someone says something about you that you don't like you get all up in arms.
BTW guys, attacking the messenger because you don't like the message isn't a very good rebuttal.

BTW guys, attacking the messenger because you don't like the message isn't a very good rebuttal.

It's the problem that the message is fiction. I know ten years ago that SWA pilots taxied fast, but now that is nowhere near the norm. As a matter of fact, when I see a fellow SWA pilot taxi fast now, it looks completely out of place. Are there some guys that still taxi too fast, sure, but it is nowhere near the large scale operation that you claim. Just don't get ticked if you get stuck behind me, I take my time. Of course some DAL, AA, UAL or even a HAL guy will probably bitch at that also.

It's the problem that the message is fiction. I know ten years ago that SWA pilots taxied fast, but now that is nowhere near the norm. As a matter of fact, when I see a fellow SWA pilot taxi fast now, it looks completely out of place. Are there some guys that still taxi too fast, sure, but it is nowhere near the large scale operation that you claim. .

Well I said I was over it, but this is a very civil response. I believe you. We went through the same thing inter-island. We still have a few speeders, but there has been a major push to slow down and be standardized, so good to hear.
BTW as far as straight line speed, I'm surprised no one has made the observation that they have seen our A330's screaming by in LAS. The downhill run to 25R is a killer on brake temps. So the technique is to let the speed pick up to over 30kts before brake application.

Taxiing fast in a straight line isn't a big deal, until you have to stop quickly. Trying to taxi fast while turning will normally invite some free advice from the back end crew if they are walking through the cabin. I have to say I've seen, or rather "heard" a couple of hard/fast turns in the few short months I've been a SWA, and the back end crew never called up front. I chalked it up as a cultural difference. By "heard"I mean some galley items made it to the floor. I could care less about what the actual speed is. But try not to beat up the crew in the back or knock all the loose crap in the plane to the floor. As was stated above, it is the exception and not the norm now.

I'm as tired of this as you guys, you are welcome to the last word. The conversation has gone from you guys saying SWA doesn't taxi any faster than anyone else to they do and the passengers like it. Whatever. It's really not that big of a deal.
What's odd though is characterizing anyone who gets in a cross airline discussion as obsessed. By far the larger percentage of posters on here seem to be SWA. Fair enough. You folks really seem to like to bash ALPA and other airlines. Than you can't understand why you get scrutinized for your positions. You seem to want to be able criticize all you want, but if someone says something about you that you don't like you get all up in arms.

Now that is part of the culture. There a far and away an insane amount of SWA haters- who talk so much trash, usually after they trash their own airline. So many act pissed that we're fairly content and happy.
Don't pretend Dan, that the hating didnt start w/ ALPA pilots

Wave, it seems really odd to me the constant us vs ALPA mentality on here by so many SWA folks. Yes there are lot of miserable airline pilots, and most airline pilots are ALPA. But it's not the union, plenty of unhappy folks at APA and USAPA too. You guys are happy because of a good corporate culture that has had a good run of expansion, just like the Piedmont of old and yes the old Delta (their employees bought the company a 767). But you guys seem to think anybody that doesn't agree with you is attacking you and a hater. It's not so. GL is though but you guys are making him a rock star on here.

Latest resources

Back