• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA crew names released

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Substantially faster than everyone else.

Seriously dead beaten horse my man-

What's got you obsessing-

You and I both have enough experience to know that a lot of guys are flat out not in a hurry bc they're paid by the minute-
I've done it. We've all done it- taxi time is the easiest way to add minutes that add up to a lot over a month.

But we don't get paid like you until we're 5 over block on schedules that are fairly tight and accurate.

Everyone else is padding their check.

And then the heavy factor. I've never flown a 330, but I'd probably taxi something with that mass a bit slower than a 73.

I know you fly to a lot of our west coast cities Dan. But look at those towns too. Long parallels in LAS, SMF, SAN

I suspect that you're simply upset that we prove you can guys taxi faster safely and that messes with your paid by the minute agenda- or you've actually come to believe that everyone is actually being safe instead of slow to make a point and using the safety card to justify it.

I work here and there's nothing culturally driving anyone to do anything but slow down if they need to.

I like that we do what we can safely do. It makes our company a lot of $$. But priority #1 is safety and it's driven home.

Fair enough. Riddle me this??? You fly a heavy that only does one leg to and from, but don't really get to see all our ops (700+ airplanes) operate daily. So percentage wise you are only using a few examples. I have seen regionals that taxi way faster than they should. Us not so much. I think our speeds are safe and are followed to the book.

Ha ha! He doesn't see Swa taxi much or he maybe he doesn't work at Hawaiian at all.

Last edited:
Wave, I simply made the observation that SWA operates on the ground much faster than anyone else. I've seen a much greater percentage of SWA flights beat the crap out of their airplane than anyone else. As far as obsessing about it? Not at all, if you look, it's a bunch of SWA folks that have been keeping it going on here. It really isn't that big a deal.

Ha ha! He doesn't see Swa taxi much or he maybe he doesn't work at Hawaiian at all.

K mart, you sound like a little kid with this comment, but I am flattered that you think so highly of Hawaiian that you consider it an insult to say " he isn't really a Hawaiian Air pilot!".

K mart, you sound like a little kid with this comment, but I am flattered that you think so highly of Hawaiian that you consider it an insult to say " he isn't really a Hawaiian Air pilot!".

You never know on this website who's pretending do we now? Just don't know why a A330 capt would be on Flightinfo talking about southwest taxi speeds and all else bout southwest, SLI ETC... There is a trend here with another poster. Sorry just seems strange.

You never know on this website who's pretending do we now? Just don't know why a A330 capt would be on Flightinfo talking about southwest taxi speeds and all else bout southwest, SLI ETC... There is a trend here with another poster. Sorry just seems strange.

Well I think it's odd that someone would get on a website for all airlines and think their airline should have some kind of exclusivity? A lot of SWA posters on here, you guys bash ALPA, you bash other airlines and yet someone says something that strikes a nerve and you start in with "mind your own business"?
BTW it's obvious why I would have an interest in SLI strings (although I think HA merging is a bit of a long shot) but what's the other ETC you think I have posted on? I really don't have a problem with Lubbock.

K Mart, ...I just looked, you are on the Delta strings bashing them! Seriously??? You call me out for getting on a SWA string when I don't work there and you are on the Delta strings bashing them?

Dan, I think you just think it strikes a nerve.
Like you said in an earlier post, this is likely more an industry issue as every airline could have this go down, than a systemic SWA issue.

Which is why it's weird you're harping in SWA taxiing.
Have you heard the science axiom "Correlation does not equal causation"
Swa's taxi speeds and assumptions you make from what you've observed are more about you and your mindset than SWA.

put another way. I coughed during the Super Bowl and a commercial came on. My cough didn't cause the commercial.

+1

Some people get obsessed. Have you read some of Floppy's SWA rants? He's getting a little scary.

Latest resources

Back