• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI SLI agreement in principle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's why converting TFP into hours is something you only do from the outside. I know everyone has their rigs, and credit v hours is always different- but in 6 airlines, never so much as here. Soon enough, you just start thinking in tfp- and block is just legality.

I gots 160 trips for July so far. :D

$20,400/mo with 20 days off (vacation week)!

You AT guys worrying about flying 300/500's, don't. I heard tell your getting the NG transition, no round dial for you. Us old pukes get to rot in hell in a 300 on the ramp in PHX when it's 1120deg F.

There was no conversion in what he stated. 160trips X 130TFP = 20,800 for the month. He's at the top end of the FO payscale.

When you guys come over, you won't even speak in terms of block hours anymore. The computer will tell you if an add on trip is legal, you will be focusing on the Trips for Pay column. The way we get paid is awesome, you can easily crank up the credit....if you want to.

There was no conversion in what he stated. 160trips X 130TFP = 20,800 for the month. He's at the top end of the FO payscale.

When you guys come over, you won't even speak in terms of block hours anymore. The computer will tell you if an add on trip is legal, you will be focusing on the Trips for Pay column. The way we get paid is awesome, you can easily crank up the credit....if you want to.

And 160 trips X 127.5 TFP = 20,400, hence about 127, but wanted to make sure my math was right. If one would correlate that to an hourly rate, what would it be.

Definitely. I rarely look at the block hours unless I want to cram some trips together.

FWIW, my awarded July line was originally 95tfp. After ELITT, I am working exactly the same number of days, and now have 115 tfp, 4.5 of which is the result of 1.5 time due to a moveup (which got me home 4.5 hours earlier on the last day!).

And 160 trips X 127.5 TFP = 20,400, hence about 127, but wanted to make sure my math was right. If one would correlate that to an hourly rate, what would it be.

Sorry, thought he was at the top rate of 130.24 TFP, he's on year 10 which is 127.43.

An hourly conversion of 1.15-1.18 is typical.

127.43 X 1.15 = 146.54
127.43 X 1.18 = 150.36

The differences in the conversion are based on different stage lengths. The easy way to make his comparison is to ask SWA/FO what the monthly block is, then just divide it out. Sometimes it comes out higher than what I wrote above.

RF

Latest resources

Back