SWA/AAI SLI agreement in principle.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Law is pretty clear that just because your airline is bought you
should not have to lose your Captain seat or your seniority.

Hold firm and vote this "bad deal" down.

These guys bought their jobs, PFT, and now they want GK to buy them
YOUR Captains seat and Seniority.

Some things aren't for sale!

PFT? I guess we all pay in one way or another.

Due to your lack of qualifications, spotty record, skeletons in the closet etc, you paid the price of getting stuck at a third tier airline with sub-standard pay and benefits, a hack management team, and questionable future.

Congratulations on the get out of jail free card though. And no hard feelings, everyone knows it's better to be lucky than good.

hey kwick, you buddies with ty webb?

Due to your lack of qualifications, spotty record, skeletons in the closet etc, you paid the price of getting stuck at a third tier airline with sub-standard pay and benefits, a hack management team, and questionable future.

Congratulations on the get out of jail free card though. And no hard feelings, everyone knows it's better to be lucky than good.
Heh heh... funny stuff. ;)

A guy I know in ATL says apparently ALPA thinks negotiations are on-going. He said the MC wasn't necessarily supposed to negotiate a comprehensive deal, and now the MEC has involved ALPA national to come in and fix what they don't like.

It sure seems, though, that SWAPA has a different opinion entirely. I can't imagine the response when ALPA tells SWAPA they need to re-negotiate some thing that were unintentionally agreed to. Could be interesting!
Not quite.

First, ALPA National isn't coming out to "fix" anything. Andrew Brenner, our inside legal counsel, will be coming in with the MC and NC to help review language that's crafted to match the AIP.

Second, the long and short of PART of the internal union issues here is that the negotiations last week that produced the AIP also involved the transition items. Per the Process Agreement, our Negotiating Committee was supposed to come in and negotiate those since they will involve modifying our existing CBA. (there's a lot of internal politics as to why our NC wasn't involved in the first place, but that's a long, long story).

So with all the different camps right now in the MEC leadership, from the "let's get it done" camp to the "let's vote this thing down and go to arbitration" camp, SOME people (a very few individuals, not the majority) are getting the idea that there may be some ability to renegotiate parts of the deal. I think they're barking up the wrong tree, but it is what it is... not everyone on the SWA side will love this deal any more than you could expect everyone over here to be 100% in favor and naturally our union leadership is the same way - not everyone agrees on everything.

The important part is that the controlling majority of our MEC has said "Send the MC back out, hammer out the language that complies with the AIP, and bring it back to us to review."

Mostly a lurker here, but I have to say with the exception of a few posts, this has been a pleasant and professional thread. I can't believe I actually picked up some good info about quality of life in the SW system. Nice to see good points thrown back and forth by rational thinkers:)
My thanks to the SW guys for tossing out some useful numbers. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail as we'll all be working on the same team towards a common goal.

The Law is pretty clear that just because your airline is bought you
should not have to lose your Captain seat or your seniority.

Hold firm and vote this "bad deal" down.

These guys bought their jobs, PFT, and now they want GK to buy them
YOUR Captains seat and Seniority.

Some things aren't for sale!

Not sure if you are an AirTran pilot or not, but if so, why don't you STFU?

Great thread...I hope the AIP is something most of us can agree on because I think most of you guys will really like it here. Sure the pay is great, flexibility is limitless, but the best thing is that people are happy to be here. The work environment is second to none...all work groups included.

The only downside is the "work" that comes with all this efficiency. High paying trips are "trips", not vacations. Especially if most of the work comes in a 300 in the heat of the summer...hopefully their days are numbered.

Look forward to having you guys aboard. I hope you really like it here.

By the way...open time here is awesome. If you need a little extra cash, it is almost always there. I always take a lot of time off late May to mid June off and this year coming down to the middle of the month I had 92 trips on my board. To try and "salvage" my pay for the month I signed up for open time alerts. Ended up getting 2 different 2day trips at premium time. One blocked 3+ and payed 18+, the other blocked 5 and payed just under 24. Obviously they are not always that good, but the other day I had a "turn" (day trip) that payed 11.55. Helped push an average month into a good one.

Look forward to seeing you guys on the line.

Latest resources

Back