• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flightirrelevant and the 400th wave of the pecking order for this deal, it is getting old. Hey is anyone actually being disrespectful on
The jumpseat ?

With the exception of two AAI captains, everyone has been EXCEPTIONAL! I am sure we have had a few guys push the limits of good taste as well. I won't hold those two bad apples against an entire group though. One of them really wasn't that bad, he was just VERY cocky and young. The other was an old guy who just had to "tell me how things are gonna be" from his positoin of having me captive on the JS. His FO was a great guy and made up for him.

I really don't know where to start Red. Its actually very funny.

I'll put it this way. If your lawyer stands up in that room and starts talking about; "somebody saw some AirTran pilots highfiving at an airport". I'll give you $ 100.00.

Are you high ? Please tell me you are closely associated with, or on your MC.

LOL, I'll add $100 if they bring up what some anonymous poster put on a public web board that anyone can join says!!
Perhaps you guys better come up with so more posts identifying yourself as an AirTran pilot and you want to be stapled, that could change everything for the whole industry when it comes with how to deal with mergers!

There are a few scenarios that could make this an unlucky event for different demographics of our pilot group for different reasons. I guess we are all rediculous to some degree.

As far as bringing jobs to add to the greater number of jobs you already have, to make even more jobs, that's a true statement. However, the "better company that is paying us a lot more" (your words) isn't coming from you as much as the mgmt that has promoted the culture that you enjoy. If it weren't for their mgmt style, you'd be sluggin it out like the rest of us.

It is refreshing to hear some of your own espouse being "lucky" to have been hired by WN. Why is OK for them to be lucky to be hired, but it's a curse for the FL guys to be lucky enough to be bought out by WN? Most of us from both sides of the fence would rather be lucky than good any day :).

The people are the culture, not mgt. Mgt is a title. We all own it.

How many SWA pilots had apps on file for AirTran? Zip, zilch, nada!

How many Trannies had apps on file for Southwest? Hundreds, possibly thousands.

This is what an arbitrator will look at. Heck, trannies were begging to be stapled a day before the acquisition was announced.

This is the biggest thing an arbitrator will consider.

How many SWA pilots had apps on file for AirTran? Zip, zilch, nada!

How many Trannies had apps on file for Southwest? Hundreds, possibly thousands.

This is what an arbitrator will look at. Heck, trannies were begging to be stapled a day before the acquisition was announced.

This is the biggest thing an arbitrator will consider.

Bob . . . . I'm being equally serious here:

Did someone drop you on your head when you were little?

C'mon . . . . Talk to Ty. . . . . .

:nuts:

Last edited:
Wave,

Everything you sight above, we have done and continue to do. Ironically, the 'culture' that you speak of is nowhere to be found here on this site from SWA pilots. I guess that's because you don't want your 'gene pool' to be tainted by our group of wheel chair pushers and stroller retrievers! :(

Exactly-every airline pilot pushes strollers/wheelchairs, etc when able. Funny thing is, I have many, many buds who are furloughed AA, UA, and CAL who got hired at SW and all say they work no harder or serve the customer any less than when they were at their previous jobs. The general feedback is "Anyone could do this job (SW). You just do the job you were hired to do." Sorry Wave, in the interview, everyone exudes the "luv." Not one person has ever been asked to leave because they found out they "just didn't have it" once on the line.

The people are the culture, not mgt. Mgt is a title. We all own it.
LOL-makes for a really cool tshirt saying. Herb was the "culture." The SW success comes from the business model. Do you really believe you have special HR people to secretly screen real "people people?" Microsoft also still believes they are the best high-tech company in the industry because of their "people and culture." Think about it.

Ty what info can you get from an IP address? Inquiring minds want to know? Do you know everyone on flightinfo.com. Also, did you ever interview at SW, UAL, AA, FDX, UPS etc.

After SLI, what is your "dream base" including ATL. 9 bases to choose from?

thanks.

I guess your "answer", when you don't have one, is to try to take it personal . . . try to "out" me, huh? What a pathetic little chicken ******************** you are.

I'm not a property manager, but I do develop commercial websites. Something you might want to take into consideration the next time you want to "out" someone. Might want to check with your "sources" a little better next time. . . .
I guess you didn't see the smiley thingy?:D:D:D

Thou doth protest to much...

Latest resources

Back