• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't have to wait to be an old fart to enjoy your seniority at AAI. Hell, we had some make CA before they were 30. :laugh:

Hmmm. That is really strange. Almost bizarre, the average new hire at SWA is in their mid to late thirsts Been that way for decades.

Masked you wonder why are Southwest's demographics are so different.

I thought we do this for money? It is about money. Balance is good, but money pays for things and helps you not work - someday in the future (age 72).

Please don't make me do this until I am 72. I love my job and all but that's pushing it. :D

JT, Lear,

AAI pilots have stated on this forum that the raise they will receive as a result of this acquisition is not relevant to the SLI...these same AAI pilots also state that seniority is all that matters and that no AAI CP should lose his seat...Well if they get their way you will have former AAI CPs making SWA CP money while SWA pilots (who have been at SWA longer than they have been at AAI) still making SWA FO pay...that is irritating...
I can't say that I don't blame you and other SWA pilots for feeling that way. I certainly don't have all the answers, but taking it out on each other isn't going to help...

Hmmm. That is really strange. Almost bizarre, the average new hire at SWA is in their mid to late thirsts Been that way for decades.

Masked you wonder why are Southwest's demographics are so different.

My newhire class ranged from 58-26. Most of us were in our mid-thirties, too. Plenty of legacy furloughees, milspec, international freight, and and RJ Captains.

They stopped counting the applications at 5,000 and just measured it in feet of thickness after that. ;)

I know if reinforces your belief system to tell yourself otherwise, but we had our pick of candidates, too.

Last edited:
My newhire class ranged from 58-26. Most of us were in our mid-thirties, too. Plenty of legacy furloughees, milspec, international freight, and and RJ Captains.

According to people doing the interviews, they stopped counting the applications at 5,000 and just measured it in feet of thickness after that. We had our pick of candidates, too.

Yep-I have a couple of buds who were hired at wn and their average new hire class was early 30s with many in their 20s and many retired kernals.

They stopped counting the applications at 5,000 and just measured it in feet of thickness after that. ;)

I know if reinforces your belief system to tell yourself otherwise, but we had our pick of candidates, too.

That doesn't explain why our demographics so different. In fact it makes it even more confusing ...

Do you have a theory?

That doesn't explain why our demographics so different. In fact it makes it even more confusing ...

Do you have a theory?

What demographics? Why don't you just spit out what you want to say. Let's hear it. Go Charlie Sheen on us. Tell us about your supposed superiority. Just go heavy on the blood, hookers and coke . . . . keep it interesting.

Last edited:
Not trying to get between you two kiddos but I THINK what he's saying is that the Airtran pilot group is, on average, 10 YEARS younger than WN. That will/should/could factor into the whole career expectation thingy.

Gup

Not trying to get between you two kiddos but I THINK what he's saying is that the Airtran pilot group is, on average, 10 YEARS younger than WN. That will/should/could factor into the whole career expectation thingy.

Gup

Ahhh. Thanks for translating.

I haven't seen the numbers on that. If it's a valid concern, I'm sure the MC/NC will take it into consideration.

Latest resources

Back