SWA/AAI and the flight deck jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JT12345

Many aspects of aviation operations are critical to safety. Not just below 10,000', and not just when the doors are shut.

When jumpseating with your future brothers or receiving them lets not bring up the SLI, politics, or the four letter words of the senority integration and the justification of them.

You are asking for trouble, distractions, unprofessionalism, and an unsafe environment that can bring the house crashing down.

Don't do it.

Talk about something else. I won't be specific on this.

Thanks dad. I'm sure your admonishment means a lot to everyone involved.

Hopefully with a set of plasti-cuffs and a nice ball gag.

Hear Bobby spout drivel.
See Bobby get cuffed and stuffed.
Hear Bobby moan with ectasy.
Laugh at Bobby.

Hopefully with a set of plasti-cuffs and a nice ball gag.

Hear Bobby spout drivel.
See Bobby get cuffed and stuffed.
Hear Bobby moan with ectasy.
Laugh at Bobby.

"The Gimp's Sleeping" . . . .

"Well, I guess you're just gonna have to wake him up". :laugh:

I jumpseat a lot on AirTran, and have found them now, as before Sep 10, to be a classy group of men and women who I would be happy to share a cockpit with. Yes, there is the "elephant in the room" on the jumpseat, but I think that they, as I, realize that there is a time and a place for that discussion, and tact requires it to not be on the flight deck. I think we all hope for a satisfactory outcome to this situation, and I also think that we realize that our definitions of "satisfactory outcome" may be different. Just as I would not go to a friends' house that is Muslim and tell them that I think their religion is wrong, neither would I expect my Muslim friend to berate my religion. It's called good manners, and believe it or not, most of us actually have them, in real life anyway. ;)

Of course, if they were to ask me point blank what I think is fair, I would tell them (probably hedging a little, but hey, they asked) - and, likewise, I would expect them to be "true to their colors" if I were to ask them the same on my jump seat. File it under the heading of "Don't ask a question, if you don't want to know the answer" with a healthy dose of "take it like a man" and "we can agree to disagree".

Respectfully and Fraternally,
PapaWoody

Many aspects of aviation operations are critical to safety. Not just below 10,000', and not just when the doors are shut.

When jumpseating with your future brothers or receiving them lets not bring up the SLI, politics, or the four letter words of the senority integration and the justification of them.

You are asking for trouble, distractions, unprofessionalism, and an unsafe environment that can bring the house crashing down.

Don't do it.

Talk about something else. I won't be specific on this.

Sorry bro. You sit on my jumpseat I'm gonna talk...... a lot. You're free to ride in the back or take the next flight. In case you haven't noticed or are just naive, NOT talking about this stuff aint making it go away.

Gup

Sorry bro. You sit on my jumpseat I'm gonna talk...... a lot. You're free to ride in the back or take the next flight. In case you haven't noticed or are just naive, NOT talking about this stuff aint making it go away.

Gup

I would rather be in the back standing anyway Gup than listening to unprofessional behavior and having heated discussions. You know it may not be that way, but why go down that road. You are not going to change any minds. Don't bother. You are wasting your breathe and I don't understand your purpose except to annoy people. You are just trying to make yourself feel good.

It would also be dishonorable because you would have a jumpseater at a disadvantage. I would think u more honorable than that. Do you want guys to lie to you?

Before I head to the back for most of the flight I will throw a small soapbox under your seat. Just call me before the 10,000 call and I will come in and take my seat ;)
thx.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back